There's NO LINK between Ascension and campagin stories

Daveyjone

There is no link, well not in that way.

Ascension in the campaign links to the infamous nazi experiments and how the Russians used them to evolve the sleeper cell numbers, so mason keeps hearing them.

Ascension in zombies is a map about the russians taking nazi work to make weapons from 115 and accidentally (or on purpous), make zombies too.

So there is a link, but when i hear people say, or find on CoD Wiki:

The map's name could be a reference to a number of things:

The Ascension group of Nazi scientists featured in Executive Order.

The writing on the wall in Nacht der Untoten, "You must Ascend From Darkness."

When the film reel shows Mason in the crowd on the day of John F. Kennedy's assassination at the end of the campaign, Mason says "Ascension".

At the beginning of the numbers broadcast, it says Ascension, then the numbers that follow it.

Yes, the first one is right, the famous group of nazis working on the SPACE RACE and has NOTHING TO DO WITH MASON...

while nazis working on the SPACE RACE in a russian SPACE FACILITY sounds plausible... its just that I heard some poeple on this site and other sites saying:

"oh ascension means mason was in the map and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

"oh ascension means jfk was at the site and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

"oh ascension means Reznov was in the map and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

"oh ascension means Dragovich was in the map and was a zombie or the blank portrait character!"

etc

no.

the ascension group were like NASA for the russians, and as i put on the wiki:

However all of these points are most likely to be referencing the infamous nazi group codename which the russians are meant to have copied in the campaign to design the number broadcasts in Black Ops.

and funnily also this when looking around:

Annother reference in the story is Ascension Island, where the Americans used as a NASA lauch facility and the British as a base of operations in the falklands war.

Heh, what a random coincidence, its like a mid point between rebirth and ascension :D

the whole point i wanted to say was:

WHEN DIFFERENT STORIES LINK FROM THE SAME SOURCE IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE RELATED EXACTLY

they are related from the same source (the ascension group) but that does not ergo to mean that Mason, reznov, Dragovich or anyone else is related. Or that they are related in any way to the PLOT of the campaign, i mean nazi zombies in WaW was using the map from airfield but that doesn't mean there related! [brains]

Just to let you know, Captain america was made in the marvel comics from operation 'rebirth' in WW2 on the rebirth island using radioactive super serum..

so when they make the film in 2011 don't complaiun when these same HL style people try to link Zombies to the Captain America film! :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you might have to take look on this one (taken from Terminal):

ASCENSION

BYE 0108-56

ASCENSION GROUP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. The Ascension Group is a coalition of former scientists from the German

Wunderwaffe program and Group 935. These scientists have been co-opted

and organized by Soviet General Dragovich for the purposes of pushing forward

Soviet weapons devlopment.

2. The Lead is one Fredric Steiner and his focus was on the NOVA 6 program.

He and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on 29 Oct 1945

near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated

"Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by

General Dragovich.

3. British Intelligence records state that MI-6 had a commando unit in the

general vicinity but refuse to disclose the details of their presence there.

ASCENSION

TOP SECRET

HANDLE VIA BYEMAN TALENT KEYHOLE CONTROL SYSTEM

JOINTLY

So that ties up Group 935 and Campaing and this new map. :D

matuzz has a point, they do talk about the ascension group in the video before a campaign level, though i cant remember which it is.

Also another link is that nova gas testing they did on some of the russian soldiers in the campaign flashback. on Gknova6 there is a clip with a zoomed in head falling down, with the face being coroded just like in the campaign level when the guy next to reznov was gassed. Also in this video clip they showed the zombies wearing gas masks which could be relevent to the soviets who would have tested the nova gas once they found it. The main theme at the end of the campaign was over this nova gas, and has been reflected in kino der toten and five, and also in ascension, maybe even more than the other two. This is just my opinion, and if I repeated someones post i didnt mean to... i was too lazy to read everything yall said, haha

• 5 weeks later...

I think you might have to take look on this one (taken from Terminal):

ASCENSION

BYE 0108-56

ASCENSION GROUP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. The Ascension Group is a coalition of former scientists from the German

Wunderwaffe program and Group 935. These scientists have been co-opted

and organized by Soviet General Dragovich for the purposes of pushing forward

Soviet weapons devlopment.

2. The Lead is one Fredric Steiner and his focus was on the NOVA 6 program.

He and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on 29 Oct 1945

near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated

"Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by

General Dragovich.

3. British Intelligence records state that MI-6 had a commando unit in the

general vicinity but refuse to disclose the details of their presence there.

ASCENSION

TOP SECRET

HANDLE VIA BYEMAN TALENT KEYHOLE CONTROL SYSTEM

JOINTLY

So that ties up Group 935 and Campaing and this new map. :D

as i said, the group wer used in the story, and also in zombies, but the zombies story is a spinn of, so in the campagin there are no zombies :D nice find, helps reinforce it

[brains] for you

also relates to beware of the 6, that they also worked on nova 6 in zombies, proving that as well: i had alin kaobut it, but annother post about different realities was more favoured, even though this is more plausible :facepalm: