First Major News Regarding This Year's CoD :: MW3?

Remember those rumors of Sledgehammer Games creating a spin-off on the series? Well, while they are helping make the next Call of Duty, it will not be a spin-off, nor will it be completely their game. Apparently, Sledgehammer Games and Infinity Ward are teaming up for what is believed to be MW3 as the next CoD. However, multiplayer will not be developed by either company; Supposedly, Raven Software (Singularity, Wolfenstein, Quake 4) will be in charge of all things multiplayer this time around. Though, what really got me excited was the fact that, supposedly, they are also using the IW 4.0 Engine, the very same one used in MW2. And if there is one thing that MW2 got perfectly, it was, without a doubt, overall feel and smoothness (for lack of a better term).

Read more about it here: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/20/report-infinity-ward-co-developing-modern-warfare-3-with-sledge/

What are your thoughts? Are you excited? Skeptical? Relieved? Personally, I'm a little bit of all three :)

Ready, set, discuss!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinity Ward has their place. But I just love Treyarch to death. The way they can draw us in months before launch (gknova6.com) and provide an epic single player campaign, Revolutionizing the way Call of Duty will tell stories and the Multi player.

Treyarch>Infinity ward

Call of Duty>Any FPS Ever.

Treyarch = Infinty Ward

Infinity Ward has their place. But I just love Treyarch to death. The way they can draw us in months before launch (gknova6.com) and provide an epic single player campaign, Revolutionizing the way Call of Duty will tell stories and the Multi player.

Treyarch>Infinity ward

Call of Duty>Any FPS Ever.

Treyarch = Infinty Ward

Treyarch = Treyarch

Infinity Ward = Infinity Ward

I got an A* (A+) in my Maths exam so don't question me :lol:

2 = 9 :)

before anybody flames me, While i'm partial to 3arc, I love what both companies do (IW and 3arc)...unfortunately, the IW we once new (the ones who made COD4 and MW2) no longer exist. IW is just a name now, thats why Sledgehammer games is coming in with Raven to help make MW3, because IW still needs to be credited with making the Modern Warfare series. All the people who designed IWs amazing games (West, Zampella, and all their designers) now work for EA. And, while Sledghammer is helping with this, their "COD Spinoff" rumored game is still going to happen, their just going to finish MW3 first because Activision told them to as it is a higher priority, so while we can still defend IW and all, please note that its no longer an actual company, just a name (and before anybody says its still a company, yes I know that, just not one that is capable of doing anything to make COD's by themselves anymore)

(Note: All my info comes from NGT I watch their Youtube)

The way they can draw us in months before launch (gknova6.com) and provide an epic single player campaign, Revolutionizing the way Call of Duty will tell stories and the Multi player.

Drawing you in through a viral campaign? Done before. Epic single player campaign? Just as laughably bad as Infinity Ward's. Revolutionizing story telling and multiplayer? You wish.

Every CoD from here on out is just taking the formula from one of the best multiplayer experiences ever (CoD4) and stealing a feature from another game. Then they call it "brand new" like it really changed anything.

You people need to respect IW and what they have brought to us. Without IW we wouldn't have CoD AT ALL!!!!

Actually... Treyarch created Call of duty united defensive, CoD 2, CoD 3, WaW, BO, and MW1 for the wii.(Which is better than the xbox and ps3 versions) In total, counting the ipod versions of zombies(which were made from nothing) Thats a total of 8 CoDs.(Also counting the IPad)

You people need to respect IW and what they have brought to us. Without IW we wouldn't have CoD AT ALL!!!!

Actually... Treyarch created Call of duty united defensive, CoD 2, CoD 3, WaW, BO, and MW1 for the wii.(Which is better than the xbox and ps3 versions) In total, counting the ipod versions of zombies(which were made from nothing) Thats a total of 8 CoDs.(Also counting the IPad)

No IW did,

Proof:

IW is a terrible game developer. They didn't patch their first COD games, and they didn't patch their newer games. They were NEVER a good developer.

Everyone just thinks they are amazing because COD 4 was good, but did they hardly ever patch the glitches on that game? No.

They NEVER support their games post-launch.

SnowDog, I will not respect IW. They SUCK.

Alright, its your opinon and I can't do anything about it. Just try not enforce it on other people, because I have faith in IW.

IW is a terrible game developer. They didn't patch their first COD games, and they didn't patch their newer games. They were NEVER a good developer.

Everyone just thinks they are amazing because COD 4 was good, but did they hardly ever patch the glitches on that game? No.

SnowDog, I will not respect IW. They SUCK.

I'm sorry, but if you LOVE Black Ops as much as you say you do, than you would at least have some respect for Infinity Ward. Because, guess what? They created the Call Of Duty series, and they Revolutionized Call of Duty's multiplayer, two things that Treyarch did not do. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing Treyarch; they are an amazing company in every way. However, I would like to say that you cannot hate a company due to lack of taking care of their game. And again, guess what? Sometimes it's not even up to them if patch goes through; a lot of the time Activision won't let them do it.

So, basically, all I'm saying is, don't hate on Infinity Ward, because without them, Call of Duty wouldn't even exist.

Infinity Ward = Treyarch.

That is all.

HOW DO PPL SAY THEY ARE BETTER THAN EACH OTHER???

Black Ops and MW2 are both using the same engine.....

the only reason i play Black Ops now, is because all the people with aimbots are on MW2.

i know 3arc listens to their people, but everyone played MW2...so why are people bagging it?

and as ever... STOP FLAAMING!!!! :facepalm:

the only reason i play Black Ops now, is because all the people with aimbots are on MW2.

i know 3arc listens to their people, but everyone played MW2...so why are people bagging it?

We are not flaming.

actually mw2 uses the iw4.0 engine which the made for mw2 while black ops is using the mega upgraded mw/w@w engine (iw 3.0)

also stop flqmin guys, i actually prefer sledgehammers

:-P

actually mw2 uses the iw4.0 engine which the made for mw2 while black ops is using the mega upgraded mw/w@w engine (iw 3.0)

also stop flqmin guys, i actually prefer sledgehammers

:-P

I don't think were flaming.

MW2 = 1.05

Black Ops = 1.05

Problem?

Well, black ops has been out for 3 months, while mw2 has been out for 15 months. Plus, treyarch has been adding many many many hotfixes. Way more then IW.

Im not going to involve myself any further in this argument >.

I respected both Companies untill recently when the Famous "Stealth Clown" made a story blaming Sony and Ps3 for their broken game that it was hacked on Xbox first then recently on ps3 and when ps3 got jailbroken they started using that as a way to blame Sony. Sorry for my English