Ascension already better than Five

Full Clip 44

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is because "Five" sucks :/

No "Five" is awesome, but Ascension is more talked about because "Five" doesn't really have a story nor any secrets (except the song) whereas Shi no Numa, Der Riese, an Kino der Toten do. Most of us are wondering how the story will progress and we're hoping for Ascension to be a continuation of the story.

You're wrong. Five IS part of the story. It's just that nobody's bothered to go through it with a fine-tooth comb. Everyone's found a TON of stuff in Der Reise, went digging for film reels in Kino, and yet nobody seems to care to explore Five for some reason. I've hardly seen ANY Five easter eggs get found let alone talked about.

And it's an aweome level. Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen were cool because they were over-the-top badass stereotypical action heroes. Well, so are the players from Five - they are Kennedy, McNamara, Castro and Nixon after all. This map gave us Richard motherf**ing Nixon gunning down hordes of zombies and calling them hippies, Castro smoking his cigar, growing his beard, wearing his hat and generally being Castro, McNamara being a nerd and saying intelligent stuff while he lets rip on the undead with an SMG and Kennedy whining like a child when he doesn't have enough "beans for the chowdah."

You know, I once heard they were going to make a movie about President Lincoln fighting zombies. I don't know if it's out yet or not, but I know I'm totally gonna watch it as soon as possible.

Five blows. By far the worst map layout 4 zombies yet besides the asylum. And if there's easter eggs in Five why don't you elaborate? Probly cuz ur full of it. My guess

Not every map is going to be laid out like Der Riese or Kino. Why don't you learn to adapt to new map layouts? Probably because you're garbage when a map becomes the least bit challenging. That's my guess.

Okay Five is a Fun map okay I have found some stuff on Five that was pretty cool too Like a ThunderGun on a shelf and A Wintershowl on a table and The Raygun on another table and like the blood puddle in a certain room is filled with maggots or something...there is stuff in there don't know if it will go into the story...but hey what can we do?

Leek?

Five definitely has a much different feel to it compared to all the other maps. I'm wondering if Ascension is going to feel more like Five or more like Kino and the classics

If the map is based off of Executive Order, I hope it gets to be a mix of Five and SNN. The way you get out of the building and the outside where you start the mission. I would find that epically fun.

Personally, I'm starting to get annoyed with everyone moaning about any map that isn't laid out like Der Riese was. Sure it was a great map, probably the best to date, but part of the fun of zombies was the mixing-and-matching of the different maps. I mean, first we have a bunker, then an asylum, then a swamp, then a research facility and now a theatre? Each map has it's own unique feel to it but the problem here is so many people only like maps that are massive with lots of space to run around. Sure, they're fun but it's getting to the point where it's becoming a little repetitive. What I want from Ascension is something completely new that we haven't seen before (besides Soviet zombies? :?:). Verruckt is still my second favourite map because of how the team starts off seperated. It was a great, unique idea and I'd like to see more ideas like that implemented into future maps.

FIVE is also one of my preferred maps. It practically took what we'd come to call zombie mode and threw it out the window by completely changing the way we played the mode. And I agree that we are missing something in FIVE. I have a gut feeling that it is more significant to the story than we think.