Carbon, you SERIOUSLY need to read this.

Jackyboy1384

We all know by now that Xbox users are getting the Black Ops DLC a month early. I've accepted this, but there's one pestering thought that's been bugging me.

I've already made several comments about this and I even sent you a PM about this and you never replied to me:

During the month that only Xbox users will have the DLC, they'll completely search every detail and find every easter egg and secret there is in Ascension, plus they will post it all here as well as pictures, videos, strategies and all that lot. This is annoying me because this will really make the PS3 community seem useless at this forum. By the time PS3 users have the DLC all the secrets will have been found. This is inevitable, I know, but there's something I really think needs to be done here. You're not going to like this, but what I'm suggesting is that you don't let the Xbox community post anything about Ascension during the month the PS3 community doesn't have the First Strike map pack.

If you guys spam this site with thread after thread about Ascension then it'll be spoiled for us. I don't want my first time on the map spoiled for me and I'm sure if our positions were reversed you'd say the same thing. It's like the leaked footage of Kino der Toten. But, just because it doesn't apply to you, does that mean it isn't the same? No. It is the same thing, and it isn't right in my eyes.

If you care, you'll do something about this.

The local ranter-

Jackyboy1384 :roll:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe make a separate forum for the 360'ers? I dunno. No Acension is impossible on here.

The only problem with this idea is that Carbon would never be able to make an enitrely new forum in 10 days before First Strike becomes available for download.

Maybe for future map packs, but right now that idea's out of the window. Brains anyway because it was a good idea [brains]

EDIT: You'll get your brains as soon as I can give them, [brains]

Uh yeah, cept' some PS3 guys will still want to see what the 360 peeps have found. And 360 players will still want to discuss it :\.

It'd be A LOT more simple to make a sub-forum, that way everyone gets what they want. If the PS3 people don't feel like looking at what we've discovered, they don't have to. If they do, they can.

Not to be rude, but if you don't want spoilers do not go into the Ascension section of the forums.

DON'T look at any of the posts..keep your self away from this.

Well fair do's, but isn't there some way to keep the stuff off of the homepage? Because I'm not being funny but if I go onto the homepage and see a thread titled "How to kill the Silverback on Ascension" or "The Secret Room in the Rocket!" or something I'll be more than annoyed.

Not to be rude, but if you don't want spoilers do not go into the Ascension section of the forums.

Well fair do's, but isn't there some way to keep the stuff off of the homepage? Because I'm not being funny but if I go onto the homepage and see a thread titled "How to kill the Silverback on Ascension" or "The Secret Room in the Rocket!" or something I'll be more than annoyed.

Just go directly to callofdutyzombies.com/forum?

And if you dont want to see the finds dont check them?

Like we could do what we did with the release of BlackOps, when people had the pirated copies of the game we would move the topics somewhere.

I would have to talk to Carbon, see if we can do anything.

But IMO I don't care.

As a mod, I'd say..if you guys really care about the spoilers, we can see if that if any spoilers topics are made, we can move them to a different forum where its has spoilers.

Like we could do what we did with the release of BlackOps, when people had the pirated copies of the game we would move the topics somewhere.

I would have to talk to Carbon, see if we can do anything.

But IMO I don't care.

As a mod, I'd say..if you guys really care about the spoilers, we can see if that if any spoilers topics are made, we can move them to a different forum where its has spoilers.

I've had some instances where I've posted a thread in a less-popular section of the website and it hasn't appeared on the homepage. I would greatly appreciate it if there could just be like a Spoilers Section where First Strike discussion threads could be moved to.

Just go directly to callofdutyzombies.com/forum?

And if you dont want to see the finds dont check them?

Well, I could do that, but I have the homepage saved in my favourites and I click it on there by force of habit, sorry for being awkward ol' me :facepalm:

And not clicking the finds doesn't prevent the thread titles having spoilers in them. Read the quote of myself above and you'll get what I mean.

I personally think that that's a bad idea because it basically makes CODZ useless. After the map comes out what's going to be talked about? speculation of what's on the map that's already out? I do agree on the Sub form though. But xbox people should still be allowed to use the form. I do have a solution for your problem though.

Get an xbox.

Frenchy all i have to say to you is FAIL. Just because you have an xbox and get the dlc first doesnt mean we (who havent played it) want to hear your finds and i agree with jack but i assume they will post anyway so id create a post with "the easter eggs on ascension so far" rather then hey i found the hidden room etc. but splitting the forum is a good idea. PS telling someone who owns the opposite console then yours to buy an xbox or a ps3 or pc etc will more than likely start a FLAME war. :twisted:

Frenchy all i have to say to you is FAIL. Just because you have an xbox and get the dlc first doesnt mean we (who havent played it) want to hear your finds and i agree with jack but i assume they will post anyway so id create a post with "the easter eggs on ascension so far" rather then hey i found the hidden room etc. but splitting the forum is a good idea. PS telling someone who owns the opposite console then yours to buy an xbox or a ps3 or pc etc will more than likely start a FLAME war. :twisted:

Not true. i had only an Xbox, someone online told me to buy a PS3, so i did :/ And really i think everyone should have BOTH an Xbox AND a PS3. Just because both consoles have their ups and downs. But just because us Xbox users get the maps first doesn't mean we should be temporarily handi-capped because Sony didn't want too make a deal with Activision first. That is the only reason why we (Xbox users) get the maps first, Microsoft saw an oppurtunity to make some more cash, and made a deal. Microsoft gives Activion a bigger percentage of sales in the first month and Xbox gets the maps first. Really it would solve everyones problem if all PS3-only people got an Xbox and all Xbox-only people got a PS3.

Trust me, I'm a ps3 player, but I know for sure, not all secrets/ Easter Eggs will be found.

Sure a lot of easy ones will be found, and some harder ones will be found also, but us ps3'ers can come in and help find the extremely hard ones, the tiny, but important ones, and even some so-easy-their-hard Easter Eggs.

What I will do is make it so the ascension forum does not show up on the homepage. So just don't go into the ascension sub forum and myself or the mods will do our best to keep the ascension threads out of the general discussion for Black Ops zombies and in their appropriate place. (which wouldn't happen if people would just post threads in their correct section :P just sayin)

^ What an awesome Dude Carbon is!

I'll try to move as much threads as I can into that section, Because I used to use ps3 and know what it is like to have to wait a month while everything is all over the internet.

Unfortunately, during the WAW days activision had no such contract and Treyarch opted to release it all on the same day.

Once they said Black Ops would have exclusive DLC, I went and got an xbox in preparation

Haven't logged into PSN in 63 days.

Not true. i had only an Xbox, someone online told me to buy a PS3, so i did :/ And really i think everyone should have BOTH an Xbox AND a PS3. Just because both consoles have their ups and downs. But just because us Xbox users get the maps first doesn't mean we should be temporarily handi-capped because Sony didn't want too make a deal with Activision first. That is the only reason why we (Xbox users) get the maps first, Microsoft saw an oppurtunity to make some more cash, and made a deal. Microsoft gives Activion a bigger percentage of sales in the first month and Xbox gets the maps first. Really it would solve everyones problem if all PS3-only people got an Xbox and all Xbox-only people got a PS3.

Some of us are poor though : /

What I will do is make it so the ascension forum does not show up on the homepage. So just don't go into the ascension sub forum and myself or the mods will do our best to keep the ascension threads out of the general discussion for Black Ops zombies and in their appropriate place. (which wouldn't happen if people would just post threads in their correct section :P just sayin)

By the time we go to look at all the discoveries once we have the game, there'll be too much to wade through

to acknowledge it all??

Could there be another WWK project (or something similiar) that we can reference to? :D

(Like the stuff on the HomePage, that was heeps useful!!!)