"something is attacking the building"

So was playing Kino last night, and my character (think it was Richtofen) announced "something is attacking the building". I figured it is relevant to the discussion about whether there is actually a monster or something on the roof.

This happened just as the power was switched on, you know when the building shakes and you hear the roars?

Pretty sure this has been added with the last update, because I'e never heard it before.

I have no reason to lie about something small like this, and if you say you want proof.... well forget it I'll just leave. I went to the trouble of registering and everything. You will hear it for yourselves eventually I imagine.

What do you guys think of this??

i noticed a few new sayings while playing last night. cant remember what was said tho. i thought they must of updated or maybe i was playing as a character i have rarely been before (takeo?) 1 thing i did make out was somebody usually say i am not scared but i can use some help this time somebody said i am not afraid/scared but the rest was different from what is normally said it was a different voice maybe takeo but as i said i have rarely been this character so he could of always said this has anybody heard this before?

hey, sorry people.....

my first thought was that noone must have heard it or there would be no debate over whether there is anything up there, because it would be sort of proven. Does that make sense? and I have somehow never heard it before despite having played Kino a lot!

obviously, the godzilla thing totally explains it, so once again sorry. but i have to say that i've heard a few new quotes recently, or is this just me?

hey, sorry people.....

my first thought was that noone must have heard it or there would be no debate over whether there is anything up there, because it would be sort of proven. Does that make sense? and I have somehow never heard it before despite having played Kino a lot!

obviously, the godzilla thing totally explains it, so once again sorry. but i have to say that i've heard a few new quotes recently, or is this just me?

While it is possible that the devs added new quotes in one (or more) of the patches, it is highly unlikely. What is more probable is that you are just hearing some of the quotes that require very specific conditions to activate. I know I played countless hours on Der Reise (WaW version) but when I played just before BO came out I heard quotes I had never heard before, but there had been no patches since the last time I had played.

If you go to the call of duty wikia you can find a list of every quote from every character on every map. Most quotes list the necessary requirements, but some are still unknown. Looking at that list I can find many quotes I have never heard even once on even the WaW maps.

Hope that helped. :D

• 9 years later...
14 hours ago, Jacob Vickers said:

the silverback is respectfully in the dead ops universe. there is no monster attacking anything! it's just the crawlers being let out of their idle position, breaking through the roof, and crawling down the walls, and as soon as this happens, there will be new spawn points for crawlers all around the map. remember, treyarch plans EVERYTHING in zombies. just like campaign, it's all coded and scripted depending on the players' position and actions. besides, if there was a giant king-kong, it would be revealed by treyarch. especially since TEN years after release

Dead Ops Arcade, by the very least its first iteration, is canon to Aether. Besides a magazine showcasing up in Five, it was recently confirmed that Silverback was in Ascension:

latest.png

https://www.treyarch.com/game-intel/2020/12/Dead_Ops_Arcade_is_Back

In the first Dead Ops Arcade, players squared off against the Cosmic Silverback, a mutant gorilla that escaped from the Black Ops Zombies map, “Ascension.”

I personally don't think Silverback has made it to Kino (at least when you open up the power). Turning out the power leads to the spawn of the Nova 6 crawlers and the ceiling gets slightly ruined, the same ceiling that the Nova 6 crawlers come from. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, anonymous said:

@RichKiller didn't knew about that excerpt stating the Silverback escaped from Ascension, thank you for that. When and how do you think ithappened? As the newspaper is in Five (occuring simultaneous to Ascension), I assume it happens prior to the actual events of Ascension

My educated guess is that he was on one of Ascension Rockets, as we know monkeys were sent to space, specifically the Silverback himself by his uniform. He may as well escape with the "main" Ascension Rocket itself (Don't overthink what happens when you destroy the rocket lol).

Edited by RichKiller