Intersesting PhD Flopper theory

WARrior

Well, I was looking through the "Zombies" section of the Call of Duty forums, and someone in a thread said that maybe the new perk "PhD Flopper" is a perk that saves all your perks when you get downed, but disappears after you do get downed. Pretty good theory I think. :)

Original forum: http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=402251&sid=fdh156oens4cm33c71htp1af50

(theory on the second page)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was looking through the "Zombies" section of the Call of Duty forums, and someone in a thread said that maybe the new perk "PhD Flopper" is a perk that saves all your perks when you get downed, but disappears after you do get downed. Pretty good theory I think. :)

Original forum: http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=402251&sid=fdh156oens4cm33c71htp1af50

That's a good theory, but i'm pretty sure "PHd stands for something real.I think i've heard it before.

Doctor of Philosophy, abbreviated PhD, for the Latin philosophiæ doctor, meaning "teacher of philosophy", is an advanced academic degree awarded by universities

- that is from google define

A runner who has a habit of collapsing in dramatic fashion in a non-winning position (usually second place) at the conclusion of a race

- from google define

in nine-pin bowling, the equivalent of a "strike."

- rom google define

so if you put it together it could be you are a master of falling( wich would make sense if it were to save your perks)

or

itcould be one who is a master of getting a strike, possibly stopping power. or insta kill.

It would have been better if they named it Doctor Flopper, or a play on words of Dr. Pepper, a popular soda, as most of the other perks have been named after real life sodas (excepting quick revive) and PhD is a high degree/doctor in a subject

It is named Dr. Flopper for all intensive purposes.

I think they did a good job of using PhD and not Dr. because it's the same play on words without going right in with another Dr soda.

If I was Xieon PhD, I'd also be Dr. Xieon. Therefore it's Dr. Flopper, a play of Dr. Pepper, just like StampinUp if supposed to be 7up

It would have been better if they named it Doctor Flopper, or a play on words of Dr. Pepper, a popular soda, as most of the other perks have been named after real life sodas (excepting quick revive) and PhD is a high degree/doctor in a subject

It is named Dr. Flopper for all intensive purposes.

I think they did a good job of using PhD and not Dr. because it's the same play on words without going right in with another Dr soda.

If I was Xieon PhD, I'd also be Dr. Xieon. Therefore it's Dr. Flopper, a play of Dr. Pepper, just like StampinUp if supposed to be 7up

Or it could be master of diving or falling, which means maybe dive farther or jump higher? Maybe to get to new spots? After all, it's on Ascension, which means "to get higher". Maybe secret spots or the PaP machine are only available when you have that perk? IDK, my theory.

that would be awesome if you could get to new spots by jumping with a perk... But treyarch would have to be careful because lots of people would find glitches with this. 8-)

But thats the point of video game testers, people like me get into the game, check for glitches, and report what i find to the people in charge. That way if there are any glitches, they get patched pretty quick.

Thats a good theory, it could also keep your weapons after you die

A perk that saves other perks when you go down would be really helpful, I'd buy it :)

But I doubt they would make a perk which would let you jump higher, would open up too many opportunities to glitch.

Plus, if PhD Flopper really means a 'master at falling', then not losing your perks when you 'fall' and go down would apply to the name well.

Don't know if someone's has said this already, but give me a chance, haha.

PhD, kinda a proof of your talents or studies, and also a sign of superior knowledge in a subject. Now the thing that comes to mind is perks. More specifically the perk icons in the corner of your screen.

Perks make you superior in certain skills (health, speed, etc) PhD Flopping, could either allow you to switch perks randomly with your teammates, or it could possibly reverse the ones you have (Say you have Jugg and Speed, you get the PhD Flopper, and it become Quick Revive and Double Tap)

A third possibility that I came up with right as I was about the post: Getting the PhD Flopper nulls your active perks, but gives them back when you've been downed and revived. Doubt it, but just kinda throwing things out there.