Chess board in Sams room, Teddy can't lose.

Xieon

I was wondering if someone could take a good shot of the chess board in Sam's room.

From what I can see it appears that the Teddy is playing as White, and the empty seat is playing as black.

It appears that Teddy has a king, pawn, and rook surrounding the black king near his side of the board, and in 2 moves can queen his pawn at the other end. Although not as decisive as the board being in an actual checkmate situation, I'm pretty sure that Teddy will win the game. Black MUST move their king on their next move, and as stated Teddy will have a queen again in minimum of 2 rounds, at which point its game over.

I could be wrong, since I can't see the other pieces clearly, however, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Maybe it means nothing, but you have one teddy at a table drinking the 4 perk bottles, 1 teddy overseeing the characters on the doll set, and one teddy playing a game of chess against the unknown opponent, and although the game of chess isn't over with a check mate, the Teddy is just toying with the other person, and after 2 moves, can win whenever they want, or drag out the game as long as possible, just fucking with the other person.

Move illusion to the fact that Sam (represented as the teddy) is overseeing and controlling the destiny of the characters. Also, just a curious note, there are checkerboard patterns across the map, and the checkerboard pattern is a common symbol for the Illuminati, and as well as the struggle between black and white, good and evil. Yes there is good (characters) vs evil (zombie), but also good vs evil since in 115 Sam declares she's the "left hand of all that's sacred", which refers to demonic tendencies.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the poster with the quote, why would Dr Maxis say that?

There's no indication that anything Demonic was happening with anyone other than Rictoven before he locked them in the room? There's no reason Maxis would suspect Sam or the bear of anything? The only quote that's similar is when Maxis is talking about Sophia, and says that he knows she's interested him, perhaps these got confused since I can't find the one your talking about.

Well there's no doubt that at the very least the teddy bear is metaphorical of Sam, but I also suspect it's much more demonic than that.

We see in Sams room the normal teddy's overseeing the players, which would suggest that normal Sams room is still representative for the game being played. Then why the out burst against the bear? She likely rips it apart and kills all the little ones. I suspect it mirrors the duality of the song 115 in how Sam wants to kill Rictoven no matter what, but somewhere along the lines snaps. Which is when it crosses from the simple zombie story, into the much darker demonic story.

I was wondering if someone could take a good shot of the chess board in Sam's room.

From what I can see it appears that the Teddy is playing as White, and the empty seat is playing as black.

It appears that Teddy has a king, pawn, and rook surrounding the black king near his side of the board, and in 2 moves can queen his pawn at the other end. Although not as decisive as the board being in an actual checkmate situation, I'm pretty sure that Teddy will win the game. Black MUST move their king on their next move, and as stated Teddy will have a queen again in minimum of 2 rounds, at which point its game over.

I could be wrong, since I can't see the other pieces clearly, however, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Maybe it means nothing, but you have one teddy at a table drinking the 4 perk bottles, 1 teddy overseeing the characters on the doll set, and one teddy playing a game of chess against the unknown opponent, and although the game of chess isn't over with a check mate, the Teddy is just toying with the other person, and after 2 moves, can win whenever they want, or drag out the game as long as possible, just fucking with the other person.

Move illusion to the fact that Sam (represented as the teddy) is overseeing and controlling the destiny of the characters. Also, just a curious note, there are checkerboard patterns across the map, and the checkerboard pattern is a common symbol for the Illuminati, and as well as the struggle between black and white, good and evil. Yes there is good (characters) vs evil (zombie), but also good vs evil since in 115 Sam declares she's the "left hand of all that's sacred", which refers to demonic tendencies.

Good Find,I think that from that find maby in the next 2 map packs they will all die

I think theres alot of secrets in Kino that we havent found yet but we must keep looking to make the story clear

Iv'e think iv'e found that the teddy is alive as sam because in der riese if u shoot a teddy bear thats hard to find with an upgraded weapon you see sam giggling saying something like "Lets play hide and seek" in a harmless voice but its not clear yet

So this site has become a waste of time....You can all speculate all you want. You wont know until the actual map pack is released. Wasting your time on here is stupid. Do something with your life. ZOMBIES?? like your gonna get paid researching zombies. They arnt gonna give you shit on the first maps..."the puzzle will come together soon enough"-jd2020.

So this site has become a waste of time....You can all speculate all you want. You wont know until the actual map pack is released. Wasting your time on here is stupid. Do something with your life. ZOMBIES?? like your gonna get paid researching zombies. They arnt gonna give you shit on the first maps..."the puzzle will come together soon enough"-jd2020.

I still seem to think that the Chess game is part of something. Yes, I admit we have been over-analyzing some things, however I think that the chess game is a symbol of Sam, and how she/The Teddy control us like Pawns. The minatures of the characters. The "Why did sam give us this" Quotes. It all posint that same and Teddy are controlling our destinies.

It could even be a struggle, Sam gives us power-ups, but Teddy switches the box. Sam's "Bloody" room is littered with teddies. It could be that Teddy is evil, and is even an enemy of Sam.

But, Teddy is a liar.

One thing I noticed is that the white pawn that has almost been queened, well if this is the Teddy's side of the game then who is controlling the black pieces? Sam's good side? I'll go with that for now.

The chess game is like a battle for dominance over Sam's mind and thoughts, as well as the character's fates. The Teddy is so close to winning ("Death so close that I can taste it", Beauty of Annihilation) but if it moves it's key piece forward another space, Sam's knight (a representation of god knows what) can capture it, thus stopping the evil Teddy. Jesus I sound like a twat.

This means that Sam and the Teddy will be even, with a King, a pawn and a knight each. This is clearly showing that the battle is almost over, and there is still no clear winner. It'll most likely be a stalemate if Sam succeeds in stopping the Teddy from queening the pawn. So then what will happen to Sam's consciousness?

So many questions... but slowly I'm putting the pieces of the puzzle together in my head (thank god for Professor Layton strengthening my mind).

klDmHa6MFiQ

This explains it all :lol:

Ha, I thought of that. It's just because Rebecca's a little girl, and it's like ponies, and butterflies, and dolls, etc.

Thats an even worse position for Sam, since the knight is blocking her, and will force her King to attack it, while Teddy queens the pawn, and win.

I certainly think it is a power struggle, but a really sick one. It's like a battle between Terrorists and Nazi's over the right to attack the US? It doesn't matter who wins, they are both bad, but one is much more twisted than the other. I think Sam wants to kill Richtoven for what he did to her, but either a different entity, or a skitcho version of Sam, is sadistically enjoying everything way to much. It's like Sam wants to play hide and seek, then kill Richtoven, while the bear wants to hang Richtoven from the ceiling, alive, cut out his intestines, eat them, and then let him Bleed out. I guess I'm rooting for Sam.

Also, to the poster who said this is a waste of time. Ironic you say that no. I enjoy the story of Zombies, and looking for little clues everywhere. Chances are I am over analyzing something, but that's what makes it fun. Do you get enjoyment by going to places you don't enjoy and instigating with people? If so, then it's you who needs to get a life.

Defiantly a power struggle, and I'm aalmost entirely sure that the Black is Teddy, because placing the white "dead" pieces would require him to reach over the board, although I think it's interesting that both players place their pieces to the left of the board, kinda of an odd direction for a right handed person... I'm also inferring that Samantha is the white pieces, mostly because of the lamp. Kinda stretching this, but whatever: If it was dark enough to need a lamp to see, then wouldn't the first person bring the lamp over to the board? I mean it wouldn't make sense to make your guest bring the lamp over (especially if he/she is a toy :P ) And isn't the first player normally the white pieces? I think that the Evil side/ personality ha won over, hence the bloodied, destroyed version of the room.

Well a couple of weird theories on my part, just some random musings while I was playing. Probably impossible, but I'd like some opinions...

You have no weapon, knife, or hands when in these rooms. Could it be possible that you're not only time traveling but seeing things through someone else's eyes?

In the destroyed room, the window is broken, could it be possible that something escaped? Possibly Samantha or whatever destroyed it in the first place?

Defiantly a power struggle, and I'm aalmost entirely sure that the Black is Teddy, because placing the white "dead" pieces would require him to reach over the board, although I think it's interesting that both players place their pieces to the left of the board, kinda of an odd direction for a right handed person... I'm also inferring that Samantha is the white pieces, mostly because of the lamp. Kinda stretching this, but whatever: If it was dark enough to need a lamp to see, then wouldn't the first person bring the lamp over to the board? I mean it wouldn't make sense to make your guest bring the lamp over (especially if he/she is a toy :P ) And isn't the first player normally the white pieces? I think that the Evil side/ personality ha won over, hence the bloodied, destroyed version of the room.

Well a couple of weird theories on my part, just some random musings while I was playing. Probably impossible, but I'd like some opinions...

You have no weapon, knife, or hands when in these rooms. Could it be possible that you're not only time traveling but seeing things through someone else's eyes?

In the destroyed room, the window is broken, could it be possible that something escaped? Possibly Samantha or whatever destroyed it in the first place?

I thought it was weird where the pieces were, but why would Sam move her King all the way down the map.

I think they are actually moving the pieces with their left hands, and that Teddy is white. In the song "115" they say "I am the left hand of all thats sacred". Typically the left hand is associated with demonism, so it would make sense that both Teddy and Sam are left handed, since they are connected. Also, when you are playing in Der Reise notice that Teddy holds the bowie knife in his left hand.

I'm right handed, and if I am fighting with a knife in my hands I will turn the knife downward and hold it in my right hand. This way you can block, throw punches, and also stab. It feels extremely odd to hold it in the left hand. Now the bowie knife is way heavier than the knife I'm referring to, there's no way someone engaged in a combat situation would prefer using their non dominant hand. It you are going to cut someones throat you want to do it in one movement. Since it takes a lot of force you are going to use your dominant hand.

Also, more evidence linking to left hands is that the man hanging in Shi No Numa, and the hand that is torn off on the power are both left hands.

I do not think this is by accident, all of the players are right handed, based upon their knifing and how they hold pistols, shut the chamber, etc. If you were to make something of no importance, chances are you would make it a right hand, since most people are right handed. The fact that all of these are left hands, seems to imply that it wasn't just some random conscience.

To those who mentioned my quote, here is the full entry from the Terminal in Black Ops

terminal_resources/terminal_files/902dc54f

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE EYES ONLY***

***DER RIESE "SERVANT" SAMPLE B04130***

What follows is a sample from the Der Riese project "Datenbediensteter" (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German below:

***SERVANT ENTRY B04130***

*Ludwig Maxis

*Personal file.

*I am losing

*My mind.

*The bear is

*Watching me.

*It lives

*But I can't prove it.

*Daily exposure to 115

*Is not without its

*Consequences.

*I do not trust Edward.

***END FILE***

I happen to be leftie, and i'm not a demon :cry:

JK I know that. Left in italian (I think) is Sinestro which is a cognate for sinester.

That is a good theory though.

I happen to be leftie, and i'm not a demon :cry:

JK I know that. Left in italian (I think) is Sinestro which is a cognate for sinester.

That is a good theory though.

You're not the only lefty here, haha. That's probably why I noticed the lefty-ish set up over any thing else.

It's quite possible that the board has been twisted a little and that's what moved and knocked the pieces on the sides.

Hey, here's a pic of the chess board!

(Click the thumbnail to enlarge)

I think you can't know which is the color of the teddy.

When I play chess, sometimes I take my pieces, other times I take the pieces of my opponent.

Regardless, the player who is black will lose. I can't think of a way other than stupidity that white can lose. Depending on what they choose to do it will either take more or less moves, but either way the black king is just going to be running around, and the queen can just go take the other parts. Then it's 50 to the win

Think about u guys a TOY bear playing chess with a girl :facepalm:

Hanz... think about it, World War II era nazi's being reanimated in the 1960's inside an abandonded theater full of modern weapons and teleporters that also act as time machine with an american, german, russian, and japenese team working together to fight back to hored that will never end, while being able to drink special sodas that give them health, speed, and faster firing rates. All of this combined with a magical machine that will upgrade any weapon that looks fit more for a bowling alley then a theater. And of course the demonic voice of the narrator and sam's voice occasinally along with hell hounds that seemingly spawn out of thin air. Now please, which one sounds more viable?

^^Win

I've played a lot of chess, and it only makes sense that black will lose. If you put yourself in black's position, you instantly think of defending the king. You will get so fed up with defending your king that you will forget about the rest of the pieces. The white will eat away at your other pieces so you are alone and lose.

I really don't post much on this community, but I do read, so if this has been posted already, feel free to link it and give that person credit, but I don't believe this has.

I personally believe that Dr.Maxis and Samantha teleported to Kino, after all Edward may of locked them in the room with fluffy they'd probably take the teleporter out of desperation, I know this was already posted, but that's not my point, what I'm getting at is that through the teleporter it'd make perfect sense that Samantha could've taken the form of a teddy bear, but hat doesn't explain why they're so many, but as for the chess board, it clearly looks to me like Samantha is the teddy, and that her opponent is Dr.Maxis himself. Feel free to post ideas. ^^

I really don't post much on this community, but I do read, so if this has been posted already, feel free to link it and give that person credit, but I don't believe this has.

I personally believe that Dr.Maxis and Samantha teleported to Kino, after all Edward may of locked them in the room with fluffy they'd probably take the teleporter out of desperation, I know this was already posted, but that's not my point, what I'm getting at is that through the teleporter it'd make perfect sense that Samantha could've taken the form of a teddy bear, but hat doesn't explain why they're so many, but as for the chess board, it clearly looks to me like Samantha is the teddy, and that her opponent is Dr.Maxis himself. Feel free to post ideas. ^^

Yes, but why would doctor maxis be in a Control battle with eachother, maxis loves his daughter, and if they teleported, it would've

been for the better of sam. I really think that this is all confusing, but i do think i'm slowly piecing the REAL story together.

This would've all been much easier if "ZOMBIES" were it's own game with a campaign and all...