FIVE Strategy?

aegisknight

I'll be the first to admit I don't know much at all about FIVE, so I want to see what you guys are up to.

Solo: Spend nothing until round 4. At the start, open the first door, go down the elevator. Buy an SMG off the wall (I prefer MPK5), then open up the lower level and both barricades. Once I have 3,500, open the next elevator, turn on the power, and buy nog (also quick revive if I have the points). From this point on I just circle the lower level of the 2nd floor, PACing my MPK-5 when I can and switching to the pistol when the thief comes (I've managed to kill him every time with this method), using the box at the end of rounds if I manage to save a crawler. Since there's no thundergun to clear the way in front of me, I have to rely on juking, which means I do get stuck and downed because of it. Ray gun did not suffice, a pac'd machine gun did a better job (cold gun sucks, the slowed down zombies just means that they don't follow at full speed and you get surrounded faster).

Highest round: 20

Multiplayer: don't think I've ever tried

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solo: Stay in first room until i have 3500-4500 points, which is usually round 3 or 4 depending on the ammo/powerup situation. Buy revive, first door, and MPL. Hold down the end of the MPL hallway by the elevator. After breaking 10,000 points and making a crawler (no matter what round), open all the way to the box, but DON'T turn on the power! Play box until i get an LMG (preferably the hk-21 because it holds more ammo than the RPK) and either a ray gun or winter's howl and hopefully monkeys. This will usually happen on my first box binge, but if not, just play another round building points with what i have. Once i have my weapons, turn on power, buy juggernog and double tap. When the thief comes, i take out my double tapped ray gun or winter's howl and demolish him with no problem. This gets me the Bonfire Sale. Wait until max/bonfire are blinking, then go to PaP room and upgrade both weapons for 2,000 points. Wait at door until Defcon 2, count to 6, start cooking grenade, throw when door opens. If I have the howl then I'll let off a shot just before the nade blows. If no howl, then I'll just rip like 10-15 shots with the ray gun. This takes care of the crowd outside the door and usually drops a powerup or two. Depending on points situation, i'll either open the lower barricades in the war room and start looping for the rest of the game, or i'll repeat the PaP room strategy until i can open them.

Whatever i do, i stay the hell outta the basement to avoid gassers.

Highest solo round: 30

4 player: Will edit this in later

Threre are two ways to survive and do well:

A. Rush; buy a door when you have enough.

B: Take your time stay in the starting room or buy the first door and buy MPLs. At round five(if you ave four people) split up. Two people go to the War Room and two people stay upstairs. At round seven or eight, go to the box. Get some good guns. Save up some points to purchase a Pack-A-Punch upgrade. After buying your first upgrade, buy Jugger-Nog. Camp in the Pack-A-Punch room for the rest of the game. Remember to buy Speed-Cola, and also remember to put survival before anything else especially the Random Box especially Fire Sales.

P.S. A quick tip to kill the scientist: Go to the War Room. Whoever the scientist is after has o run around the catwalk in circles. Meanwhile, the other players shoot at the front of numbers trail. You are likely to get a Bonfire Sale(PAP costs 1000 Points 80% off).