Ascension location confirmed in FB Update!

TheOneAndOnly

I'm not quoting everyone separately so i will just do a post for all those concerned

JD_2020 (Josh Olin) Is the Community Manager for Treyarch

"Community" kind of gives the whole point (And yes i know a FB page can be considered a Community so don't try and use that against me)

anyway back to my points

There is no official word on THE OFFICIAL SITE FOR BLACK OPS (now that's strange isn't it...)

There is no word From Treyarchs Community manager on his own Twitter page (Which is always used to announce upcoming news, interviews and trailers)

"Available for Xbox 360 on Feb 1. More details to come for PS3 and PC"

Everyone who has half a braincell knows Xbox 360 has a 30 day timed exclusive yet how could the so called community manager Not remember that simple bit of information, but post where Ascension is going to be?

FFS this alone would make anyone with half a braincell come to the conclusion it was either leaked or fake. Treyarch keep All info about zombies locked up tighter than fort knox, they wouldn't even give any info to major nelson

So why the f**k would you only post it on your FB page and not announce it to your actual own community on your own site or let your followers on twitter know the link to the FB page so you could share this info with everyone???

ffs codz used to have some really smart people, yet most of you believe the FB page without a second thought, it doesn't matter if its true or not, as i said, it will have proved me right yet again.

What my problem is, is there is no other word other than on the FB page, wtf is wrong with everyone, why am i and only a few others questioning this?

so i go back to what i said originally, its either Fake, Leaked (or worse case scenario Treyarch f**ked up worse than IW)

:facepalm: again this is an ANNOUNCMENT, so they say what you want to hear and believe them to be fake....

ill bet you £1million that its the soviet lauch station AND that this information is offical, because it comes from cod itself...

not everything has to be updated...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i think its kinda weird too that its only on a facebook page..

but i can make a facebook an say its official also..would you believe the info i put on it??

all i gtta do is copy an paste a bunch of shizz..lol

theres alotta trolls out their that would do something like that..

all though i do believe and always thought itll b at launch.

what happens on the first and not one damn person in this forum is right?? :lol::lol:

cant wait till feb 1st to come around then everything will be put to rest..lol..till the next DLC..

and if it is real than damn :ugeek: for not updating his twitter,

It's posted on the official black ops facebook page, look at the number of likes/followers, doubt it would be a fake page. I'm sure not everyone uses/follows twitter, so who knows, maybe it was posted on facebook first since they could see that as being more viewed than twitter. I for one have never gone on or used twitter before, so I have never followed them on it or checked, I do use facebook though. I'm sure their account wasn't hacked, could it have been a leak? Maybe? Could it be the real info? Maybe? Could it be fake? Sure. It seems like everyone feels they know how treyarch acts and that they expect everything to always be released/shown the same way. Who knows. Guess we'll all be waiting til the first release on feb 1st.

I'm not quoting everyone separately so i will just do a post for all those concerned

"Community" kind of gives the whole point (And yes i know a FB page can be considered a Community so don't try and use that against me)

anyway back to my points

There is no official word on THE OFFICIAL SITE FOR BLACK OPS (now that's strange isn't it...)

There is no word From Treyarchs Community manager on his own Twitter page (Which is always used to announce upcoming news, interviews and trailers)

Everyone who has half a braincell knows Xbox 360 has a 30 day timed exclusive yet how could the so called community manager Not remember that simple bit of information, but post where Ascension is going to be?

FFS this alone would make anyone with half a braincell come to the conclusion it was either leaked or fake. Treyarch keep All info about zombies locked up tighter than fort knox, they wouldn't even give any info to major nelson

So why the f**k would you only post it on your FB page and not announce it to your actual own community on your own site or let your followers on twitter know the link to the FB page so you could share this info with everyone???

ffs codz used to have some really smart people, yet most of you believe the FB page without a second thought, it doesn't matter if its true or not, as i said, it will have proved me right yet again.

What my problem is, is there is no other word other than on the FB page, wtf is wrong with everyone, why am i and only a few others questioning this?

so i go back to what i said originally, its either Fake, Leaked (or worse case scenario Treyarch f**ked up worse than IW)

Zzz..Your boring me :facepalm:

Lets agree to disagree.

I feel safe in the knowledge that I am correct. If you think otherwise..well I dont really wanna hear anymore.

kthnxbi :D

anyway back to my points

Look, I hate to be the one to say this, this isn't the kind of person that I am and I apologize in advance but OH MY GOD, YOU'RE A F***ING MORON! Does the word "ANNOUNCEMENT" mean NOTHING to you? Do you know what the word OFFICIAL means? Do you realize that Facebook is UBIQUITOUS and was around BEFORE Twitter?

Official word from the official site?!? THE OFFICIAL SITE DOESN'T EVER TELL US SHIT! GKNova6 told us a world of difference more than the official site ever told us. Josh Olin is a moderately wealthy man who not only manages the community, but also has better things to do with his time than announce every little small detail we the gamers quibble about - in case you didn't notice it took him well over a month to call out Henry Langham's bullshit.

Look, again, I apologize, I'm sorry - but you do not need God to descend from the Heavens, or Satan to come digging up out of the ground, Thor to kick down your door, Buddha to come down from his temple, Allah to hop out of his spider hole, or the mother****ing Spaghetti Monster to smile up at you from your plate, just to tell you that yes, the sky is, in fact, blue.

Look, the guy who posted before me didn't have the time to rant, but sometimes I just don't have the maturity to leave the willfully wrong alone. I can't help it, it just needed to be said.

hey every1 i have an "OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT" who gives a PHAWK!! :twisted:

DAMN ITS A GAME!! EVERY1 IS entitled to their own opinion and if u dont care to hear it dont read it

if they u cant git through to them with 1 reply multiple replies aint gnna make a difference. :facepalm:

ITS COMING OUT FEB.1ST ENOUGH WITH THE DAMN THEORIES

AND BLAH BLAH BLAH.. 17 MORE DAYS.. TO MAKE EVERY1 HAPPY ITS GNNA BE A DAMND

COSMODROME LIGHTHOUSE IN THE CENTER OF THE EIFFEL TOWER THATS UNDERGROUND AT AREA 51!!! :o

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :D

Some people have already played the new map(due to friends that work directly in development of the project) as beta testers. The game was completely grey except the guns and characters(zombies and player's arms) Sound was disabled and my job was to test the barriers and find glitches for my friend. I can't give out any details(probably because he would find and kill me) but it is an amazing map and I can guarantee that it will be a lot of people's new favorite map. There are some new surprises to look out for and I believe that the zombies are harder than before(but they fixed that one problem where zombies smack you once and it acts like two hits. Since this was a controlled environment that game didn't go past a certain point. There were a lot of glitches at that point so I'm not sure how far along the level was. Since this was about a month ago I think it may be one of future ones but I'm hoping for it to be Ascension. I want to see what this map looks like with textures enabled because it was even better than any of the zombie maps that I have seen so far. You can choose whether to believe me or not but I met this person at college when we were both taking game design courses, unfortunately he's working on one of the greatest games ever and I'm unemployed because of certain reasons...

EDIT: He was always the best in the class and seemed to soak up knowledge instantly so obviously he would become something amazing in the future, even if he isn't one of the head developers. But since I was better at finding bugs and glitches he came to me... Before asking which system you should know it is easier to use a computer to play the game so you can monitor the script and fix error codes that pop up. Of course he did all of the editing, I was only allowed to play with him standing over my shoulder.

Now it's only 15 more days(I don't have an Xbox so I don't know how long it will be for me but luckily another friend of mine is going to come over and play it on my big screen as we drink So-Co and Java Monsters which is surprisingly good if you don't die from alcohol poisoning).

Still like to bring it to all your attention that there is still announcement from JD or on the actually official CoD Black Ops site. its been days since it was posted on FB, so either way my point is now proved. Regardless of if it is the location or not

HAHA You are so wrong my friend. Today call of duty posted the official trailer for First Strike.

This is the description of the video:

Available first on Xbox 360 February 1st. More details to come for PS3 and PC.

First Strike contains 5 incredibly diverse maps spanning the globe; featuring 4 multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience. Includes "Berlin Wall", allowing combat on both sides of the imposing wall; "Discovery", a desolate, frozen German outpost in the Arctic; "Kowloon", battle in the rain along the rooftops of a towering Chinese sprawl; "Stadium", an intense locale with a pro hockey arena backdrop; and "Ascension", where you fight zombies in a Soviet launch facility.

Get all the latest news on www.callofduty.com and follow @JD_2020.

Looks familiar doesnt it....i.e. exactly same as facebook post!

SO basically you were wrong all along and the FB page posted the info first. So in the most polite way possible 'forget you'. ;)

so basically, they announced where the map was going to be what like a week ago, now finally revealed a Trailer on the official CoD YT page only yesterday, still have nothing on their actual website. but feature no Zombie map footage either??

Im sorry but this is not how Treyarch used to do things, so i was well within my right to question it.

Oh and no not forget me, if the map is based of Baikonur, i was the first person to put that map as a possibility, so either way thanks to the people who work with me on my site, we are still ahead of the game, and still ahead of CODz

Considering i used to admire the people on CODz back on the old forums, now most of you are pathetic chasing Lighthouses and Eiffel towers and under the ocean maps based on 1 or 2 images.

so thanks for the input. but this site isn't needed anymore. enjoy chasing shadows. ta ta

so basically, they announced where the map was going to be what like a week ago, now finally revealed a Trailer on the official CoD YT page only yesterday, still have nothing on their actual website. but feature no Zombie map footage either??

Im sorry but this is not how Treyarch used to do things, so i was well within my right to question it.

Oh and no not forget me, if the map is based of Baikonur, i was the first person to put that map as a possibility, so either way thanks to the people who work with me on my site, we are still ahead of the game, and still ahead of CODz

Considering i used to admire the people on CODz back on the old forums, now most of you are pathetic chasing Lighthouses and Eiffel towers and under the ocean maps based on 1 or 2 images.

so thanks for the input. but this site isn't needed anymore. enjoy chasing shadows. ta ta

i love it when trolls fail

anyway, even more info has been posted

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=5100

so hey, stuip troll is stupid :P

Well here is some more news!:

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/114/1144268p1.html

It has the original four characters! :D And there is are new weapons like the Gersch Device (Black Hole Bomb) and Matryoshka Dolls (Translation please?). Also, the monkeys that have been rumors have a power like the Pentagon Theif, they can steal perks! :o An finally, there are new perks called Stamin-Up (Lol 7-Up parody and possibly Marathon?) and PhD Flopper (Lol parody of Dr. Pepper, my guess is Scout Pro for faster weapon switching. Sounds intense! :D

Well here is some more news!:

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/114/1144268p1.html

It has the original four characters! :D And there is are new weapons like the Gersch Device (Black Hole Bomb) and Matryoshka Dolls (Translation please?). Also, the monkeys that have been rumors have a power like the Pentagon Theif, they can steal perks! :o An finally, there are new perks called Stamin-Up (Lol 7-Up parody and possibly Marathon?) and PhD Flopper (Lol parody of Dr. Pepper, my guess is Scout Pro for faster weapon switching. Sounds intense! :D

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=5100