Ascension location confirmed in FB Update!

TheOneAndOnly

These are details copied straight from a event invite by the Call of Duty: Black Ops Facebook Page:

First Strike Pack 1 - Worldwide release

Time Tuesday, February 1 · 12:00am - 3:00am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Feb 1 for X360. Details soon for PS3 & PC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created By Call of Duty: Black Ops

More Info Available for Xbox 360 on Feb 1. More details to come for PS3 and PC.

First Strike contains 5 incredibly diverse maps spanning the globe; featuring 4 multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience. Includes “Berlin Wall”, allowing combat on both sides of the imposing wall; “Discovery”, a desolate, frozen German outpost in the Arctic; “Kowloon”, battle in the rain along the rooftops of a towering Chinese sprawl; “Stadium”, an intense locale with a pro hockey arena backdrop; and “Ascension”, where you fight zombies in a Soviet launch facility.http://www.callofduty.com/blackops

As you can see the talk about the Rocket launch facilty (as seen in SP in mission 'executive order') is true. Bring on Feb 1st..or March 1st for me :roll:

Peace :mrgreen:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see i knew it had something to do with a rocket facility. cuz in black ops campaign, in the rocket launch level, to me those running scientist looked like they where infecteded withsomething. I dont know if "Ascuncion" is a continuation of "five" because it has alot incommon i with the government. Either way FEB !ST we find out ;)

Fake. JD hasnt posted anything on his twitter, so therefor it isn't confirmation (are you really going to take a FB word for something...Really???)

now before i get any hate.

I believe Bakonur Cosmodrome is going to be the map for ascension, so much so i first put that map up as a theory well over a month ago now, and was one of the first (If not the first) to do so.

What i do believe is fake is the fact there is no release date for PS3.

Microsoft have a 30 day exclusivity for map packs on Call of duty games, they have done since MW2. Anyone who is a true CoD Fan knows this. so for a FB page that supposedly is made by Treyarch/or Activision, they sure as hell don't know sweet F.A

That alone could prove its fake

forget the that lighthouse ftw that facebook is fake jd2020 would've said something and a launch facility has nothing to do with story :| watch wen when im right wen its turns out 2 be the lighthouse

Watch when it turns out that it is a Launch Facility and there is never a Lighthouse map, infact, just because they had hints at Area 51 in Shi no Numa and Der Reise, well, weres my Area 51 map that was hinted at more than the lighthouse?

Fake. JD hasnt posted anything on his twitter, so therefor it isn't confirmation (are you really going to take a FB word for something...Really???)

I believe Bakonur Cosmodrome is going to be the map for ascension, so much so i first put that map up as a theory well over a month ago now, and was one of the first (If not the first) to do so.

Microsoft have a 30 day exclusivity for map packs on Call of duty games, they have done since MW2. Anyone who is a true CoD Fan knows this. so for a FB page that supposedly is made by Treyarch/or Activision, they sure as hell don't know sweet F.A

Omg. Are you serious?! Its a official source, do you think that the staff running it are lying?! You do know its safe to believe some things right my friend :lol: so you want to tell me that someone hacked the official facebook source. And I don't understand you whole rant about exclusivity?! Yes..xbox gets in 1st Feb (CONFIRMED) and then I presume as with MW2 it comes to to PC/PS3 after the 30 days so most probably march 1st.

And your arguing against the validity of something you believe. Very logical.

Wow, people are still defending the lighthouse theory? Honeslty, ur basing your theory off a picture? You know they use stock imagery to populate the map to make it seem more real... Not EVERYTHING is a clue... And why does everyone continue to ignore the monkey diagram released by GKNOVA6? You know the one that has blueprints of Sputnik in the background? And we all know Sputnik was launched from wheeeere?? OH YEA! The cosmodrome... Yes... This means NOTHING at all...

Wow, people are still defending the lighthouse theory? Honeslty, ur basing your theory off a picture? You know they use stock imagery to populate the map to make it seem more real... Not EVERYTHING is a clue... And why does everyone continue to ignore the monkey diagram released by GKNOVA6? You know the one that has blueprints of Sputnik in the background? And we all know Sputnik was launched from wheeeere?? OH YEA! The cosmodrome... Yes... This means NOTHING at all...

Haha agreed man. Although I strongly believe the monkey on GKNOVA6 is a hint at the Cosmic Silverback(s) ('the cosmic silverback has many brothers'), that will prehaps replace dogs as the max ammo drop.

Omg. Are you serious?! Its a official source, do you think that the staff running it are lying?! You do know its safe to believe some things right my friend :lol: so you want to tell me that someone hacked the official facebook source. And I don't understand you whole rant about exclusivity?! Yes..xbox gets in 1st Feb (CONFIRMED) and then I presume as with MW2 it comes to to PC/PS3 after the 30 days so most probably march 1st.

Correct i do believe Baikonur Cosmodrome will be a map, and i do believe that map is ascension.

however, as i stated, if it was an official page (im not saying its not) however, if it was, they would

1. Put up the release date for PS3 which is 30 days after Xbox release (this is already known world wide, so i would expect an official update to mention this bit of info we already know)

2. JD has not posted anything online via his twitter, and nothing has been posted on intel on the official cod site either. which being community manager i would expect him to do

So therefor it was either a leak, or its fake. now considering how close to its chest Treyarch are when it comes to zombies, i doubt they would make a mistake like that

id quite like it to be baikonur, it would prove me right, but until i hear word from the official site, JDs twitter page or an official trailer on the cod youtube page. or until Feb 1st comes along and im playing on the map, im not going to take the word of a FB page.

Correct i do believe Baikonur Cosmodrome will be a map, and i do believe that map is ascension.

however, as i stated, if it was an official page (im not saying its not) however, if it was, they would

1. Put up the release date for PS3 which is 30 days after Xbox release (this is already known world wide, so i would expect an official update to mention this bit of info we already know)

2. JD has not posted anything online via his twitter, and nothing has been posted on intel on the official cod site either. which being community manager i would expect him to do

So therefor it was either a leak, or its fake. now considering how close to its chest Treyarch are when it comes to zombies, i doubt they would make a mistake like that

id quite like it to be baikonur, it would prove me right, but until i hear word from the official site, JDs twitter page or an official trailer on the cod youtube page. or until Feb 1st comes along and im playing on the map, im not going to take the word of a FB page.

:facepalm: again with the "if jd doesnt say its real then its fake", It bloody the offical cod facebook page, how can people still be so nieve and think the page is fake, that its leaked, they say that its in russia, and you are trying to say the whole thing is a lie?

they gave you what you wanted yet you beg to disagree, they make the game, and the desicions, not you

/end of rant

:facepalm: again with the "if jd doesnt say its real then its fake", It bloody the offical cod facebook page, how can people still be so nieve and think the page is fake, that its leaked, they say that its in russia, and you are trying to say the whole thing is a lie?

they gave you what you wanted yet you beg to disagree, they make the game, and the desicions, not you

/end of rant

im sorry, i forgot FB rules all.

And thats my point, i don't care if it is an official FB page, its still a damn FB page!

Why of why would you post on a crappy FB and not on your CM official Twitter page or on Your own damn site?? where is the logic in that, please tell me because i see none

As i said, its either leaked, or Fake.

And considering my theories support it being based on launch, in still happy to sit here and argue the validity of that update on FB. for all the reasons i have mentioned above.

/end of rant

And thats my point, i don't care if it is an official FB page, its still a damn FB page!

Why of why would you post on a crappy FB and not on your CM official Twitter page or on Your own damn site?? where is the logic in that, please tell me because i see none

And considering my theories support it being based on launch, in still happy to sit here and argue the validity of that update on FB. for all the reasons i have mentioned above.

Because Twitter sucks, smart guy.

Think.

Ignore Facebook for a second.

It's the OOOFFFIIICCCIIIAAALLL CCCAAALLLLLL OOOFFF DDDUUUTTTYYY facebook page. Derp.

When ANYTHING comes through an official channel, it's not a leak, it's an announcement.

/end of rant

Look,

You can believe what you want..but..

your wrong :lol: Wait and see. Its will be in a Soviet Launch Facility as it stated on the OFFICIAL FB page (can I say how is Facebook and less reliable than Twitter or Youtube? If you knew your facts they probs arent going to release zombie trailers anymore, just update GKNOVA6 e.g. monkey/cosmic silverback etc).

Also in the facebook page is far more active than youtube, and posts just as much as JD..

U guys with ur lighthouse theory r funny. Take a second to seriously think about how lame a lighthouse map would be it wud be like Nacht Der Untoten but even smaller come on now think before you go on these 10 post rants. Its almost as bad as the eiffel tower theory yeah for sure cuz the maps called ascension that must mean you must go up something. WRONG!!!!! Its probably called that bcuz u send something up into the sky or space. I cant wait till Feb 1st so all these ridiculous theories can permanently be laid to rest.

It was created by Call of Duty:Black Ops. Therefore confirming it is not fake. :roll: :facepalm:

Not everything has to be "Tweeted" by JD

not EVERYONE goes on FB, some people only go to twitter or the cod website, why would they give that sort of information ONLY to fans that go on FB?

and have u thought how boring a launch facullty would be? mostly small and cramped, and you wont be able to even fly the rocket to space.

lighthouse theory would not be small, and island with light house in it, finally a map with plenty of room, not a small confined area

i was hoping for a map with more room to run and not feel so closterfobic

I'm not quoting everyone separately so i will just do a post for all those concerned

JD_2020 (Josh Olin) Is the Community Manager for Treyarch

"Community" kind of gives the whole point (And yes i know a FB page can be considered a Community so don't try and use that against me)

anyway back to my points

There is no official word on THE OFFICIAL SITE FOR BLACK OPS (now that's strange isn't it...)

There is no word From Treyarchs Community manager on his own Twitter page (Which is always used to announce upcoming news, interviews and trailers)

"Available for Xbox 360 on Feb 1. More details to come for PS3 and PC"

Everyone who has half a braincell knows Xbox 360 has a 30 day timed exclusive yet how could the so called community manager Not remember that simple bit of information, but post where Ascension is going to be?

FFS this alone would make anyone with half a braincell come to the conclusion it was either leaked or fake. Treyarch keep All info about zombies locked up tighter than fort knox, they wouldn't even give any info to major nelson

So why the f**k would you only post it on your FB page and not announce it to your actual own community on your own site or let your followers on twitter know the link to the FB page so you could share this info with everyone???

ffs codz used to have some really smart people, yet most of you believe the FB page without a second thought, it doesn't matter if its true or not, as i said, it will have proved me right yet again.

What my problem is, is there is no other word other than on the FB page, wtf is wrong with everyone, why am i and only a few others questioning this?

so i go back to what i said originally, its either Fake, Leaked (or worse case scenario Treyarch f**ked up worse than IW)