My info on Ascension from playing the map

iseeuat100yds

DISCLAIMER!!!

You dont have to view this!! if you are an extremely stubbon person who just goes on these threads just to say "Omg he is lying screw him, dont believe this crap" your pointless input will not be valued!! I typed this up so that we as a community could analyize my info of the map!! Dont ruin it by being a dick!!

Thank you

Some of you already know about or have seen the vid on youtube (was removed by Activision, dont try looking) explaining the First Strike maps (including Ascension) that i played at Activsion. Even though this was about 2 months ago i can still remember a bunch about the map (was a very early beta, so alot of the stuff i am mentioning may have changed.

Here is what i know about the maps origin.....

The map was originally called "Cosmodrome", due to the fact that a Cosmodrome lies in the player spawn area. It will occasionally spin up (google "cosmodrome" for more info on how it works) and if the player walks into it, they will be downed. It was also going to be called cosmodrome because its takes place in the Baikonur Cosmodrome.

How the zombs looked...

As i said, this was an extemely early beta of the map, the textures were cruddy and i didnt even have a character! If i hit back + start at the same time, a programmer's menu would open, and i could go into 3rd person and I still didnt have a body!! Back to the zombs, they looked like scientists and zombified russian troops. I cant confirm if they had moss on them becuase like i said, it was a very early beta.

Ok now for the actual gameplay...

Like i said you spawn in the cosmodrome, underground. There is a QR machine, an M14, and an Olympia. I dont remember how many windows there are but i would guess around 3-5 windows. Then, there is a catwalk with a buyable door ($750?) that i think leads to more stairs that then lead you outside. From there, zombs will drop off catwalks, come out of the ground, and thru windows. Across from the door that led you outside (bout 40-50m) there will be a buyable gate (1000 or 1250 cant remember), which leads you to a smaller open area, with another gate on the left and a door on the right. Oh yeah, if you have looked up at all during this time, you will have seen the giant rocket sitting on the launch pad.

I kind of lost the bit of memory on how i got from there to here....

I ended up on a catwalk near the rocket, i think the M.box was there but i cant remember using it. Anyways there is a button near the M.Box that says somethink like "Initiate launch sequence", if you hit it, it will ask you for authorization. So somewhere on the map is a terminal or another button that will authorize the launch. soon after i hit that button, it was probably around round 5-8, and most of you are probably thinking about hellhounds. But no, Cosmic Silverbacks some after you!! I dont remember how they spawn, as i was too busy with running away (lol). They are not HUGE, but rather medium size, about 3ft tall. I lost on that round as i did not have the proper weaponry to survive, the C.Silverbacks have about the same health as hellhounds and do about the same damage.

Well that is all i can remember, hope you enjoyed it :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to 16 solo, but the narrow passageway on the north side of the rocket (the hall with doubletap and the AK 47) has that weird zig zag the same place it starts getting dark. I finally got caught on the lip shooting backwards and was overrun.

The box looked like it had a bunch of weapons that weren't in FIVE or kino, but I got the bear after 3 spins and didn't get back to it before I died.

I believe you , because my brother told me the exact same thing when i got home from school yesterday. At first i didnt believe him. He said he was playing dead ops and it loaded with a checker board screen. He said it also said zombie_ascension1 . So i started looking around online and found this. It says everything my brother told me. Having water on the ground,the weapons, and everyting. He said the zombies didnt look as they did before either.

soon after i hit that button, it was probably around round 5-8, and most of you are probably thinking about hellhounds. But no, Cosmic Silverbacks some after you!! I dont remember how they spawn, as i was too busy with running away (lol). They are not HUGE, but rather medium size, about 3ft tall. I lost on that round as i did not have the proper weaponry to survive, the C.Silverbacks have about the same health as hellhounds and do about the same damage

Maybe they spawn from lightning bolts just like the hellhounds. Like in DOA. Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It3VupkOK20

at around 0:12 you see the monkey spawn in the back.

P.S sorry i dont know if i did the quote thing right. im new to this site but have been following for a long time.

How did you get to "Beta test" First strike?

Also, do you have any proof that Activision removed your video?

No proof = No Buy. Fake until proven true.

1) I got to go to Activision for 2 days to help them make a commercial (i played as one of the "puppets" that just gets killed). I did not even know what the First Strike map pack was as this was nearly 2 months ago, and the pack was named about 30 days ago.

2) go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6YyaGdOOY, this was the vid, the link is also found on the thread "Ascension Will Feature Cosmic Silverbacks!!! and more!! Read" posted by "ThunderGunner".

3) and this is true, if you need more proof i would be happy to PM you some pics of my stay at Activision

they need bodies buddy, and i was one of those bodies. I was one of those guys who gets their ass ownd by some dude in the gameplay commercials :)

anyways, figured it would be easier to upload the album to Pb. Sorry about the picture of a picture, my stupid phone needs a special cable to hook up to the computer

Click me....

Update: currently uploading a vid explaining the pictures

The surprise attack commercial or whatever it was, right? Where the guy was sneaking up and pwning people with the new gadgets and tricks? Cuz I could see Treyarch maybe needing guys for that. But still you'd think they'd do something like that on their own.

Not that I'm doubting you or anything. I mean there WERE a few leaks in development that could easily arise from something like this - somehow people knew all about Dead Ops and the Cosmic Silverback even though Treyarch never said nothin' official.

The surprise attack commercial or whatever it was, right? Where the guy was sneaking up and pwning people with the new gadgets and tricks? Cuz I could see Treyarch maybe needing guys for that. But still you'd think they'd do something like that on their own.

the commercial we worked on isnt out yet, but i think it will be in the next few weeks.

they arent called cosmic silverbacks. they are his brothers. it cant be him over and over and over again. But i believe you. You either think like treyarch developers(map sounds like it was made by them) or this is real. When the trailer comes out, it would be great if you could tell us what dude you are.

they arent called cosmic silverbacks. they are his brothers. it cant be him over and over and over again. But i believe you. You either think like treyarch developers(map sounds like it was made by them) or this is real. When the trailer comes out, it would be great if you could tell us what dude you are.

Fluffy isn't the only hellhound, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the hellhounds aren't still called "Hellhounds". :\

He actually is legit. In one of those pictures he posted where the Developers Menu came up kind of proves it. Look at this ...Skip to about 33 seconds into it and you can see the green menu. It is call of duty 4, but they do run on (basically) the same engine. My only doubt about this is that how IGN says that the Silverbacks steal your perks, but you say that they do damage to you, not steal your perks.

Your story about going to activision is also still abit sketchy. I mean everyone knows activision is evil, so why would they let you play games when your just playing a small role. But i still your your probably telling the truth. What exactly is the commercial about?

My only doubt about this is that how IGN says that the Silverbacks steal your perks, but you say that they do damage to you, not steal your perks.

I dont think they added the perk stealing ability when i played the maps, then again i didnt buy any perks....so idk

Your story about going to activision is also still abit sketchy. I mean everyone knows activision is evil, so why would they let you play games when your just playing a small role. But i still your your probably telling the truth. What exactly is the commercial about?

I was lucky enough to have a hookup (my mom's friend lol) who manages the company that Activision hires to film/edit the commercials, so i wasnt really hired, just got to go along for the ride i guess.

About the commercial....

Its hilarious, it makes fun of gaming stereotypes; the quiter, the camper, the n00bs, etc. It follows 4 epic heros (OP40 dudes) through their journey and along the way they encounter these stereotypes. I wish i knew when it would be released, but i think its gonna be used to promote the pack, so look out for it in the next week or two.

My only doubt about this is that how IGN says that the Silverbacks steal your perks, but you say that they do damage to you, not steal your perks.

I dont think they added the perk stealing ability when i played the maps, then again i didnt buy any perks....so idk

I was lucky enough to have a hookup (my mom's friend lol) who manages the company that Activision hires to film/edit the commercials, so i wasnt really hired, just got to go along for the ride i guess.

About the commercial....

Its hilarious, it makes fun of gaming stereotypes; the quiter, the camper, the n00bs, etc. It follows 4 epic heros (OP40 dudes) through their journey and along the way they encounter these stereotypes. I wish i knew when it would be released, but i think its gonna be used to promote the pack, so look out for it in the next week or two.

Please tell me that QSers were one of the stereotypes. I swear I'd melt if I read that. Idk why? Lol.