Screaming in speed cola room... eek! NOW WITH VIDEO

Hey all, I'm new here. Just wanted to post a few observations, the first of which scared the bejeezus out of me lol. Sorry if I'm stating things that have already been said, but this forum is HUGE!

1. When I was in the speed cola room, playing on solo, I was standing there for a minute and I heard a blood curdling scream from a guy. Seriously, I have turtle beaches and it was late at night and I literally could not play after that lol. It wasnt very loud, but I heard it clear as day. Scared the crap outta me! I was on round 12. Am I the only one that has heard this?

2. If you walk up to the window in this room with the yellow light, the light gets brighter. Probably irrelevant.

3. A friend and I were messing with the fuse box by Quick revive after the power was turned on. I kept stabbing the box repeatedly as fast as I could out of frustration. All of a sudden the quick revive music played for a split second then shorted out. (You cant hear the music on all the machines when the power is on). We were both like did you hear that, and tried it again. Yup, we did. Going to try PAP'ing the ballistic knife while having the bowie knife and see if it makes a difference & does anything.

4. Treyarch is saying we are missing something right under our noses. Well, in the fire pit room there is that piece of machinery that does nothing when the trap is activated. It also has cables running to it, and if you stand and look to the right of it, there are metal pieces floating in the air as if something was supposed to be there. Remember on the loading screen "All traps arent created equal, some are missing a part or two to complete them" or something along this line. So whats missing here? Brimstone to Damnation. Brimstone is sulfur. Sulfur would make that fire go much higher. We've tried shooting the sacks and blowing the powder into the fire with the thunder gun, but no luck. Still testing ideas. Also, trace all the wires in the firetrap room. They lead up, and there is a light on the power cord above that is in no way connected to the firetrap. I think it routes to the chord hanging by Juggernog. There are uncomplete circuit cables all over this room if you trace them. Being that you cant pick up objects, it must be a series of events to complete this trap. Can somebody else brainstorm this idea with me? Its driving me nuts. You also cant help but notice the pay door at the top of the stairs behind the debris in this room. We open doors in here rather than paying to remove debris, but you never know.

5. There are 6 weapons when PAP'd become 115 weapons.

a) G11 becomes G115 Generator (hmm being 6 generators on map)

B) MP5K becomes the MP115 Kollider

c) HK21 becomes the H115 Oscillator

d) RPK becomes the R115 Resonator

e) Dragunov becomes the D115 Dissassembler

f) L9186 (i think) becomes the L115 Isolator.

6. Shooting the power boxes, you can destroy all of them but the one by quick revive. I personally havent figured out the fuse boxes yet. If someone has please share. They are driving me nuts.

7. Has anyone noticed the writing on the random box? I didnt write it down but its on the front and there are numbers on the sides. Again, probably irrelevent and already been found.

Just some observations. Would love to hear your thoughts!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treyarch is saying we are missing something right under our noses.

Where did Treyarch say we were missing something right in front of us?

Sorry about this. I should have typed "unconfirmed". I read it on the net to be honest in a couple of different forums.

I do know that on the Major Nelson podcast in regards to the new map release the developer stated "There are still easter eggs people havent found to this day". So my thoughts went straight to the traps. "Not all traps are created equal", stating the obvious the firetrap is the only one different from the rest. "Some are missing a part or two to complete them". A single part being the power being turned on, but two??

I think that was a reference to the trap in Five, where you have to get the two components to complete the two traps. However, that doesn't mean you're wrong. there may still be something there in Kino.

I personally think it has something to do with all the power boxes throughout the map, as you suggested earlier. It's a semi-interactive part of the map and there are several hidden throughout. I bet there's something there when you PaP shoot them all (maybe with the 115 weapons, again as you pointed out).

I think that was a reference to the trap in Five, where you have to get the two components to complete the two traps. However, that doesn't mean you're wrong. there may still be something there in Kino.

I personally think it has something to do with all the power boxes throughout the map, as you suggested earlier. It's a semi-interactive part of the map and there are several hidden throughout. I bet there's something there when you PaP shoot them all (maybe with the 115 weapons, again as you pointed out).

Ah, I am not a huge fan of five, so I was unaware of there being traps like that. Still, I have to say its VERY hard to have 4 characters have all 6 of those guns pap'd at the same time without damaging the traps during gameplay. Between trying to get the $$$ to hit the box enough to get them, then having spare to pap. I have thus far tried to shoot them all with 2 different of the 115 pap'd weapons, but as I said it destroys the fuse boxes less the one by quick revive.

I also still think that the note on the stage says Aether projection 1st, not projectionist. Nowhere on the map are the words on the walls broken up, so why everyone thinks this says projectionist somewhat baffles me (i.e. Brimstone=1 word, etc) and there is ample room to write "projectionist" as one word on that wall on the stage. I'm thinking its a clue to start with the film reels. Just my opinion though.

'5. There are 6 weapons when PAP'd become 115 weapons.

f) L9186 (i think) becomes the L115 Isolator.'

what if we had too shoot 1 power box with each upgraded ' 115 ' guns? thoughts?

Also, to be more precise, I was standing in the speed cola room by the red table near where the box spawns. I was listening to the wind in there, I scoped in at the door next to the bar and listened. It is quite clearly a man screaming, and it does it over and over. I just listened to it two times in the same round. I think its whoever is trapped in the closet in the dressing room :shock:

BTW- On occasion you can hear a door creak. All the doors are shut on this map, so what's up with that?!? You can also hear an electrical "zap" by the speed cola machine. I wonder if the whole light thing in the barrier is not the light getting brighter, but someone moving out from in front of the light when you get close. :shock: Some of the rooms seem to brighten and dim like that, including the guy in the closet in the dressing room lol. Just a thought.

Yeah, I want to try it, but like I said its not an easy feat to achieve. I'd like to make it happen even if just to debunk the theory. Regardless, I feel like we are definitely missing something here.

Also, to be more precise, I was standing in the speed cola room by the red table near where the box spawns. I was listening to the wind in there, I scoped in at the door next to the bar and listened. It is quite clearly a man screaming, and it does it over and over. I just listened to it two times in the same round. I think its whoever is trapped in the closet in the dressing room :shock:

Maybe he is afraid to come out of the closet lol!

BTW- On occasion you can hear a door creak. All the doors are shut on this map, so what's up with that?!? You can also hear an electrical "zap" by the speed cola machine. I wonder if the whole light thing in the barrier is not the light getting brighter, but someone moving out from in front of the light when you get close. :shock: Some of the rooms seem to brighten and dim like that, including the guy in the closet in the dressing room lol. Just a thought.

The overturned table right beside the box? I sit in between the box and table when the dogs come. I haven't really heard anything, but I have heard the Zap and seen the light dim and brighten. I think I can hear some kinda strange sounds by that upstairs tunnel/portrait room. It's faint and I can't make it out/hear it half of the time. I'm afraid it might just be some background music or something.

Yes, the overturned table. Stand with your back to the door, completely still and quiet. Make sure there is no crawler nearby or you wont be able to hear it. If you are with multiple people have one lead the crawler at least to the stage until you cant hear it anymore. The room needs to be totally silent. Aim your gun at the door and just wait approximately one minute. You should hear a door creak, then a wind tunnel sound, then a guy go "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh". Its really freaky. I just showed my two buddies who I play with frequently not 5 minutes ago lol. They heard it and were like "Woah". Definitely check it out. :D

I think I'm seeing a pattern here...

:roll:

Good idea though, problem is that we would need a REALLY skilled team to pull this off. I think there's still a BIG secret in Kino that we haven't uncovered yet, and probably won't once Ascension is released. You saw what happened with SNN, there were a few secrets we didn't notice because we were too busy sniffing around Der Riese ravenous for new easter eggs, :facepalm: Come on we're CoDz, we need to make sure it doesn't happen again :facepalm:

I think I'm seeing a pattern here...

:roll:

Good idea though, problem is that we would need a REALLY skilled team to pull this off. I think there's still a BIG secret in Kino that we haven't uncovered yet, and probably won't once Ascension is released. You saw what happened with SNN, there were a few secrets we didn't notice because we were too busy sniffing around Der Riese ravenous for new easter eggs, :facepalm: Come on we're CoDz, we need to make sure it doesn't happen again

Yeah, I had the same idea, shoot one of each pap'd gun onto each fusebox, then maybe the green one last? I'm not sure, but like I said its hard not to damage the boxes during gameplay. Sigh :|

What bothers me is that it is extremely hard to find the triggers, especially with four players.

For example, to be able to launch the rocket, something has to occur. I don't know what it is, but there are times when it won't launch, however, once you get it to launch once, it will always do it for the rest of the game.

So while something like using each of the 115 guns may be a trigger, it's pretty hard to tell if that was really it.

I personally don't think that there is a link with the 115 guns, however, it says beware of the 6 and there are 6 of them with 115 in the name. The information on uup though says it's used for "general weapon upgrades", and it powes PaP so I don't see there being any great surprise to why they are named that.

Also, most of the names are pretty simple. Python turns into viper (snakes). The colt (horse) pistol turns into Mustang (horse) and sally. The ballistic knife turns into a defibulator (restarts the heart/revives teammates), etc, etc.

Just did it, heard the weird creaking noises and everything. But could the scream be coming from behind? Like from the glowing window?

I thought about it, but either way it seems we are not alone on this map. The door creaking? All the doors are closed except the ones we open. Whose walking around this map with us? Why do the lights in the barricades dim and brighten? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.