Random Observations about Kino

Just some random but interesting observations about Kino Der Toten.

- The turrets CAN hurt you.

Stand in the way of their bullets, and you recieve damage (and hear cool impact noises!)

It doesn't kill you very fast, so you don't have to worry about doing it if you have Juggernog.

- All turrets do not have a cool down period after their usage.

- Turrets are EXTREMELY deadly against Hell Hounds!

I mean, EXTREMELY. Try it next dog round. You can camp in a corner and teabag, the turret will kill every dog!

- All PaPed guns become automatic, (EXCEPT pump action shotguns and the Zues Cannon...and the PaPed m1911...)

AND I MEAN ALL!

Yes, even normal shotguns, rocket launchers, etc)

- The NON-PAPED raygun is BETTER at killing crawlies than the PAPED raygun!

I am not even joking on this one, try it out!

With the non paped, you shoot a zombie which becomes a crawlie...

You shoot it again and it dies.

With the Paped, you shoot a zombie and it becomes a crawlie...

You shoot it again... and again... and sometimes once more... and it dies.

- Within the Pentagon office room (that is accessed by teleportation from the PaP machine), is an interactive rocket.

(for PS3...) Holding square and pressing triangle on it causes it to fly through the roof.

- Dogs can be OUTRUN by simply WALKING away from them with your back to them.

I use this facet to survive every dog round.

That dog giving you grief? Just walk away.

But seriously, the dog engine is the same one was SHI NO NUMA in W@W.

The dogs in SNN could NOT hit you if you walked away from them.

That is not the case in Der Riese however...

- When holding square (PS3) on the large portrait of the stranger in Kino, all characters (except himself) claim

it to be Richtofen, at a younger age.

However, it is almost clearly not him.

(or maybe it is)

eg: "Richtofen looks alot younger in this picture"

It may well be Richtofen, as the character is fatter and Richtofen is very sick (thus losing weight).

There is certainly resemblance.

- On solo, during a self revival after death (using quick - revive), you do not have dual weild - PaPed m1911s, unlike FIVE where you do...

On Kino, you instead use whatever pistol you have.

(Actually, maybe you DO get DW PAPED M1911 if you don't already have a pistol).

- Electric barriers last for A MUCH LONGER TIME than they do in Der Riese

- Takeo is the only character to NOT swear during any of his quotes.

(Partial Credit to SnowDog and Bazzainver and TheZombinator for this random observation...)

- The film playing on the projector consists of pictures that are from Campaign Cutscenes

(as has already been pointed out in another thread. This is a RE-MENTION. Don't think I discovered it).

- When 'knifing' with the Bowie Knife when playing as NIKOLAI, you will notice that NIKOLAI HAS NO SHOULDER!

As his arm comes around, you can see 'inside' the end of his arm and thus everything is cut away.

It appears as if his arm is floating. This is only visible for a very short time during the knife animation.

(It's a graphical glitch, allright???)

- After activation of the 3rd meteorite as Dempsey, the following character quote is supposed to be from Dempsey,

but it sounds very much like another person. This could be due a lack of recordings from Dempseys voice actor

saying this line during game development:

"Oooh, I found the hidden song. Awesome"

Listen to it, you'll know what I mean. It's a try hard Dempsey voice, not the real thing.

- There are now BUBBLES in the Perk drinks (as can be seen whilst drinking one) that were not present

in Der Riese (and earlier)

- The Gas Zombies have the ability to climb down a vertical wall, yet they CAN NOT climb up the vertical wall

of the stage, and must use the ramps....

FAIL....

- If you are close enough to a dead Gas Zombie to be hurt by it's Gas explosion, your vision will be far

more blurred than if you had walked into the Gas cloud.

The very blurred vision lasts longer aswell.

- There are only TWO zombie spawn points that are ACTUALLY windows.

These are situated in the Alley way and downstairs of the room with the 2nd meteorite (seperated from

Alleyway by a chain fence).

The rest of the zombie spawn points are broken doors, holes in the roof...

- There are boxes with teddies in them upon the stage that, ARE NOT BOX SPAWN POINTS.

There is one in particular infront of a House-Background-Prop that is identical to a zombie spawn point

except that it is situated upon a green box which increases its height.

- During a box move, if you shoot the floating Teddy with a ballistic knife, it will float away with your

knife.

(Yes, I just did this :( Bloody teddy) )

- Headshots with the ballistic knife on Gas Zombies with no legs, ALWAYS gets an instant kill

(that is so random, I know! I need a hobby).

- If you stand beneath a "hole-in-the-roof" zombie spawn point, the zombies will jump on your position and you

will be pushed to the side.

Then it will rape you unless you run :|

- Unlike the electric barriers, you CAN NOT run through the Fire-Pit-Trap and survive, even with

Juggernog!

(However, you may dive across the corner, as pointed out by IpunchBabies)

- If zombies are too far away, the Thundergun (and Zues Cannon) will only push the zombies to the ground.

They will then get up and continue advancing

(and they'll be bloody pissed)

- The Winters Howl CAN NOT be obtained in Kino. It is strange that the Thundergun can....

(They are both present in the pentagon in FIVE, on tables or in cabinets)

- The PaPed raygun DOES NOT appear PaPed to other players, when you're holding it.

- The ThunderGun can ONLY reload entire clips at a time.

- Grenades are MUCH STRONGER than they were in Der Riese, as is the starting pistol.

- If a team mate is DOWNED in the teleporter and their are already zombies in the teleporter,

although you CAN jump in and teleport, the zombies that WERE ALREADY IN THERE WILL NOT be killed by

the electricity.

They WILL die after you appear at the PaP

(but you will probably have been downed by them by then.

I was in a game, this happened, the downed person and I both ended up stuck in the PaP room...

I got downed during teleport.

It sucked.

We knew we were doomed :D )

- Unlike Der Riese and it's predecessors, Crawlies CAN be jumped and dived over in Kino.

- You can pick up Movie-Reels when inside teleporter rooms, yet you can't pick up any of the MANY, scattered

reals around the theatre and the PaP room!

Inconsistancy O_o

- It IS POSSIBLE to down yourself by diving off the top flight of stairs in the starting room, TWICE in quick

consession.

It's also pretty fun.

- It IS possible to shoot your team mates , causing them to grunt!

- There is a yellow, flickering spotlight on the stage, that is often never spotted.

It's obvious if you are looking up for it.

(only when power has activated)

- There are no Gas Zombie spawn points in the Alleyway, it's neighbouring building or the Changeroom!

- Starting a round in the Alleyway and remaining there will remove all Gas Zombies from that round

(Due to the fact that zombies only spawn from the closest spawn points, and since there are no proximate

Gas zombie spawn points, there's no Gas Zombie spawning!)

Moving out of the Alleyway during a round will cause Gas Zombie spawning!

*THIS RANDOM OBSERVATION IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY LLAMASPYJAMAS!*

- There are a few, isolated lights throughout the theatre that are on BEFORE the power is turned on.

One such light is just above a barricade in the spawn room.

* THIS RANDOM OBSERVATION IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY BAZZAINVER!*

Okay, i think that's enough random, interesting info.

Anybody want to share some more? :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- After activation of the 3rd meteorite as Dempsey, the following character quote is supposed to be from Dempsey,

but it sounds very much like another person. This could be due a lack of recordings from Dempseys voice actor

saying this line during game development:

"Oooh, I found the hidden song. Awesome"

Listen to it, you'll know what I mean. It's a try hard Dempsey voice, not the real thing.

i thought this sounded like dempsey high on some form of drug. I know that this is impossible but it was just a funny thing at the time that i noticed :lol:

brains for you for putting this all together [brains]

Nice observations! Pretty interesting things to know next time I play on Kino.

And the grenades are probably stronger because in the WaW maps we had Steilhangranates whereas now we have frag grenades I think. And with the PAP'ed Ray Gun on crawlies, well, are you sure this isn't just because you were at a higher round once you had PAP'ed the Ray Gun?

And I LOLd at the Teddy stealing your Ballistic Knife, and at how the Gas Zombies have to use ramps to get up the stage, and at Nikolai's shoulderless arm.

But with the portrait of 'Young Richtofen', I hope you aren't referring to the blank portrait because it's obvious that Richtofen (Edward) is the one next to Takeo.

Takeo does not swear because swearing is a sign of lack of HONOUR!

- When holding square (PS3) on the large portrait of the stranger in Kino, all characters (except himself) claim

(or maybe it is)

It may well be Richtofen, as the character is fatter and Richtofen is very sick (thus losing weight).

it is him he says it himself when you press it with richtofen he says something like ''ahh its me just not as magnificent''. I didnt know he was sick? what illness does he have?

. And with the PAP'ed Ray Gun on crawlies, well, are you sure this isn't just because you were at a higher round once you had PAP'ed the Ray Gun?

Naah, Coz I got the normal Ray Gun AFTER the PaPed

(I ran out of ammo for the PaPed. I had like 30,000 points so I went to box. Tapped it.

Few taps later, got the ray gun again. I was like SWEET!

I always use ALL THE AMMO in a gun before I PaP it (it's a waste otherwise).

That's when I noticed.

I think i now know what it is although...

Sometimes when you shoot the PaP ray gun, the red cloud appears right infront of you, and doesn't damage

any zombie. I notice it alot. It's annoying.

It seems to happen more frequently than it does with the green cloud of the normal Ray GUn!

Me suspects the PaP Raygun is more glitchier!

But with the portrait of 'Young Richtofen', I hope you aren't referring to the blank portrait because it's obvious that Richtofen (Edward) is the one next to Takeo.

No, I'm talking about the HUGE one that is on the adjacent wall to the others!

With the fat, young richtofen!

(or maybe it is)

it is him he says it himself when you press it with richtofen he says something like ''ahh its me just not as magnificent''. I didnt know he was sick? what illness does he have?

He is turning into a zombie.

You see, as the terminal emails say, the other 3 characters are test subjects whilst Richtofen has been

instructed to watch them from the Illuminati.

They are test subjects because they are impervious to the effects of using 115 and 115 related weapons.

(Think of the Der Riese note:

"... effects of 115. The power is undeniable but who could use such weapons without themselves turning..."

[into a zombie], most probably)

On the characters pictures on the loading maps, Richtofen looks more unwell in everyphoto leading up to Der Riese.

The question was "When will he zombify completely?"

Well on the iphone/ipad NDU map, Richtofen DOES turn into a zombie!

(And you have to kill him to complete the tutorial.)

So basically, The other guys can use the wonder weapons without turning into zombies.

For these reasons, the Illuminati want them to be watched.

Richtofen is the supervising Illuminati member but because he IS NOT immune to the zombification,

he turns into a zombie.

(that is his illness. It's easier to say "he's sick" than all that :P)

@ The Fire Trap, I know you can dolphin dive through it. I've never ran through it because I dive whenever possible, but on the few times I've done Kino I would dive through and take about the same as walking through the Electric Fences.

Also, nice finds. I'm more of a classic map fan so I don't notice these things :-)

I'm going to have to say the reason you think that regular ray gun is stronger is because it has slash damage.

Most likely you just don't have very good aim with it. So you're missing a lot of shots, and the splash damage is hitting the zombies, whereas with the PaP version, you're just completely missing....as you need a direct hit

I'm going to have to say the reason you think that regular ray gun is stronger is because it has slash damage.

Most likely you just don't have very good aim with it. So you're missing a lot of shots, and the splash damage is hitting the zombies, whereas with the PaP version, you're just completely missing....as you need a direct hit

no no, i've tested it since.

The splash glitch happens ALOT more frequently with PaP

• 2 weeks later...