Ascension Clue in Final Cutscene from the campaign.

MARKSIE

I haven't really had time to analyze this cutscene in much depth so i haven't actually come up with any theories as to what it means yet.

The cut scene i am talking about is the one after you complete the final mission. It starts with a brunnette woman reading the numbers into a microphone.

At the very end of the cutscene Mason clearly says "Ascension". I think if someone where to properly analyze the final cutscene they may be able to come up with some good theories as to where the next zombie map will take place, so i urge all of you to go back and watch that final cutscene again.

PS. Sorry if this has already been posted, i tried the search button and couldn't find anything related.

Anyways hope you are all having fun trying to figure out where the next map will be located, and if you do find out anything interesting about this cutscene please do post :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soz about this shameful bump but i think this may be important.

Could it mean that Mason is going to be replacing one of the four characters?

I can't think why Mason would say "ascension" at the end of the final cut scene of the campaign. Surely someone on here who has studied the nazi zombie series in depth will be able to decrypt this somewhat hidden message right?

I think "You must ascend from darkness" is the key theme for the NZ storyline and the Black Ops campaign. I'm not saying the two are related (though in some ways they are) but think about it- the campaign saw Mason fight from the lowest cell in Vorkuta to assaulting a hidden enemy base with a helicopter. He was ascending from the darkness he had been thrown into, and he was also 'ascending' from the darkness implanted inside his own head by Dragovich, Kravchenko and Steiner, fighting the urges to assassinate JFK (though in the end it is implied that Mason actually did assassinate him).

Whereas in zombies, I think I remember reading a theory someone posted on this forum before, in that the Earth is 'the darkness' and the characters must ascend from Earth, be it in death, or in a rocket. :facepalm: I think what this is meant to symbolize is that, when you take away Sam, Group 935, the Illuminati, element 115 and everything else in the storyline, Nazi Zombies is a survival game that only comes to an end when you die. The only way for it all to end is for you to ascend from the darkness into heaven (or hell, in Edward's case).

this is what me and my friend at lunch were talking about, it was about Ascension, the new map, we were thinking the map is going to be on the boat, like in the campaign, cuz thats where the coordinates take Mason to, the boat. but we guess that it will be crazy and a big ass map. what the ideas was if its gonna be on the boat, is that either you will spawn on the boat, then u have to work your way down underwater ( like in campaign) to find the power , box, extra weapons etc. OR , your spawn underwater, then work your way up to the boat, but the whole spawn under water base and make it to the boat. is just a winning thing. like once u made it to the boat. u have to cross the plank to land, then there will be a teleporter taking u somewhere else. but that wuld end the game and winning. so yeah im guessing Ascension will be on the boat, spawning on the top, then working your way down to the bottom level

I posted that link, not because I found it really relevant, but because it was interesting. It talks about the ascension code and the reoccuring diabolical happenstances that are related to said ascension code. It also talks about beings being marked for control based upon said code. Also, asking why the biblical end of days? And how it relates to zombies? The dead rising from the grave? Are you kidding about how it relates? Learn to think outside the box there pal...