I HAVE PLAYED ON ASCENSION!!! *UPDATED*

D-BLOCK

Okay, so I have no idea how in the world I did it, but I have played on A new zombie map on Black Ops Zombies for Xbox360! I searched for a Dead Ops game and when I joined a match I was alone but already readied up and the map was called zombie_ascension1 and the picture was a weird checkerboard thing. Then it went to the loading screen and it was all black with the loading bar and the hint at the bottom said "Manhattan Down!" or something like that.

Then the game started and there was a sort of red electricity thing on my screen and a girls voice said something like "Powering Down" but it sort of faded out and got deeper. And then my character said "Why does the power shut off? I have just arrived!" I am 90% sure it was Takeo that said this.

Now I was freaking the hell out. I looked around and I thought right away that I was in some sort of sub-marine or a ship because of the sounds, and that there was a few inches of water on the floor. There were 4 windows which were actually holes in the metal walls but were already boarded up. There were 2 guns on the walls which were the M14 and the Scorpion. I bought the scorpion and ran around to each window till I found some zombies.

The zombies are TOTALLY NEW! They are NOT Nazi zombies or the ones from "Five". These zombies look like Russian soldiers or maybe even American soldiers that have been under water for a long time. But some look more normal like they were not under water. Some are in soldier uniforms and others are in Captain like uniforms with all white on. I also noticed some sort of green plants on a few of the zombies. (I think that plant that grows under water.)

So I killed the zombies and I didn't get kicked from the match which I expected to happen. I bought quick revive which was in the corner and Takeo said something like "This drink makes me home sick." And I got downed and had duel pistols that shot explosives like in Kino Der Toten. Then I got to round 6 and thought there would be dogs or the Thief but nothing changed. I killed more zombies and got to round 7. The room got really foggy and there was demonic laugh. Then there was a red ball of electricity that formed (like the dogs spawn but bigger and red instead of blue) and then a MONKEY spawned in. "Ohhh boy!" Said Takeo in a funny voice. Its was The Cosmic Silverback. It was in a SPACE SUIT but you could see its face. It looked gross to be honest. It had a white pack on its back too. It charged at me and was fast but it would stop and growl at me or stop and hit its chest once in a while. It didn't hit me even once but I was running away from it and it did try to hit me a few times. When I killed it, it growled really loud and went out in a ball of electricity instead of just dieing and dropped a max ammo just like when you kill the last dog in Kino Der Toten or when the Thief reaches the last teleporter before you kill him in "Five".

I kept playing and opened the door that was at the top of a small set of stairs. There was also another door at ground level but I never opened that one. The box was in the first room that I opened. I hit it and got the M16 the first time. Hit it again and got either the Olympia or the Stakeout. (Sorry I don't know my shotguns.) Well okay that's it for now I have WAY WAY WAY more stuff that I will update on soon but I'm working on A sketch of a birds eye view of the main room, some new machines, and I'm also trying to play this map again!

This is not made up and is the honest to god truth. I also re-downloaded the Hardened Edition maps from W@W right before I played this new map. I re-downloaded it because I just got anew Xbox360 and had the old maps on my other Xbox. Please discuss and come back later if you want to read about the rest of the stuff I found because that is just the beginning! I made it to round 16 before I died. If you have any questions I will try to answer right away!

BTW I am new but have been going to this site for a long time and I know all about the Zombie story. I never made an account before but I HAD to tell someone about what just happened. (Other than all my friend on my friends list and my parents.) :mrgreen:

UPDATE!!!

Okay this is my first update here and I will continue the description of my game from just after I hit the box. The room with the box in it had no water on the floor. The first thing I noticed was the outline of a mask on the wall. I walked up to it and it was 5000 points. This is what the room looked like.

This is the starting room.

And this is the second room with the box.

More updates soon... :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you take any pictures? :D

if not, your prolly lying

no offense ofc :)

No I really strongly believe this guy. The reason why is because he said that the picture for the map was checkered and in mw2, if you ever went into a legit 10th prestige lobby, the map was always checkered. Also, does anybody remember before the first map pack came out for mw2, you could go into a lobby for the new maps before they came out and they would be called things like "mp-salvage1" and the map would also be checkered. The other thing is that this all sounds too professional to be made up and I really don't think that he would put all that effort and time into making something that is fake...

Is this really true? Cause it sounds possible but not very likely. You said that the picture was a checkerboard. Was it red and blue? Cause sometimes on mp when i lose connection it takes me to combat training with no map selected and the small pic in the corner is red and blue checkered, which means theres no pic to show. So maybe the picture will be put in the dlc but the map found its way onto your waw map pack.

@callofdutyzom1es first, he said he was online so couldnt have paused to get a camera.

second, he said he just downloaded the waw maps. did you buy a new xbox and download the maps and try it? i doubt it. things like that you need to have very specific circumstances.

I beleve you D-Block

Just because he knows about how there is that blue/gray checkerboard as the icon doesn't mean its legit. Its pretty common knowledge by know about how they use that as a placeholder. Im going to call fake on this guy. Just look at how many posts you see on the CODHQ and other forums about how they saw/played ascension. There are quite a few of them, and only one (or none) can be true.

Dude if this is a fake, at least it was a well thought out fake and just the usual random bs like every other fake map idea... and as for the people who are like "obviously if he had actually played it he would have taken pics or filmed it" - there is a large portion of the gaming community that don't have capture cards, myself included. also if you were in that position and you were playing a map that you shouldn't be, as if you would stop to take some pictures, especially as it was live and wouldnt pause so you can get a camera..

Im not saying i believe you yet, as there isn't any proof, but still i hope that it turns out like this coz that would be wicked. I just highly doubt that you would accidentally download the file with the original maps... besides if you did there should be a record of the file somewhere, coz you cant play Black Ops maps that you havent actually downloaded onto your 360 or have unlocked them. All things considered i really hope that you are right.

im not going to believe this just yet, but i got a few questions,

did you "defeat"(as u say it didnt die) the "Cosmic Silverback" with just your Scorpion on round 7?

im surprised it didnt hit u atleast once, must be slow and weak.

why did you not open the door at ground level? if i was in your possition i would have explored as much as possible.

You delivered the story with gusto, but I think it has about a .1% chance of being true. Mostly because the map wouldn't just load itself. The content would need to be downloaded. you can't (to my knowledge) just load the map that's not on your system. I'm not saying it's impossible, just very very unlikely. We'll see soon enough.

I personally would have made a crawler immediately and grabbed my phone from my pocket, and recorded something. Whether your phone has a 1mp or 8mp, the community would except your submission. And I personally wouldn't stop explaining what I saw to make a map. And what about the fact that you need at least two players ready to start a map? I say nice try but no cigar, if I'm wrong, ill sacrifice my account to this forums

impossible, the game cant glitch a map like that. perfect example :

I have Classic Maps. I start a private party, invite three of my friends. I change map to any of the 4 classic maps. My friends never seen them on black ops. I start lobby, loading screen as normal, after an extended period of time, game starts and im solo. They tell me map could not load. Why? There is no data for the dlc. Only way your story would work is if treyarch updated the servers with a file "zombie_ascension1" you somehow had the credential to download said file, notification notify's you of Black ops dlc downloaded. and in your memory of hard drive under games, black ops, there would be game save data, classic zombie maps, zombie_ascension1, and a settings file. As for the community i hate to classify this myth busted.

And if your still skeptical that this in anyway might be plausible.. You CAN NOT re-download the classic maps on xbox 360. you enter the code once, and thats it, if it fails due to internet connection etc etc, your left to call treyarch because it will not initiate download a second time. even from xbox.com, trust me I've tried.

As for the op. -brains for thinking anyone WITH LOGIC would fall for this.