Ascension MUST take place in the United States.

BBS

This has probably been brought up before, but Ascension must take place in the United States. This is because the map is called "Ascension" Which is English or course. Which means it must take place in some English speaking country (Most likely the United States.) That's because if you look at the history of all the maps in zombies history they have taken place in the country that the title of the map's language is in (Confusing, i know.)

For example:

Nacht der Untoten = "Night of the Undead" in German. This map takes place in Germany.

Verrückt = "Crazy" in german. This map takes place in Germany.

Shi No Numa = "Swamp of Death" in Japanese. This map takes place in Japan.

Der Riese = "The Giant" In German. This map takes place in Germany.

Kino Der Toten = "Theater Of The Dead" in German. Map takes place in Germany.

Five = English. Map takes place in United States.

So now we have Ascension, its English which means it must be in an english speaking country. Again, most likely in the US. This rules out many other theories such as the Eiffel Tower, and Vorkuta. However, the Lighthouse in England is still an option since they do speak English there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been mentioned before but it still doesn't rule out the Isle of Sheppy or Ascension Isle.

Well Ascension Islands official language is English so it is possible. And since Ascension island is under British rule, not England's, i dont think that this will be the lighthouse map.

It's a good point though I didn't think of it right away but yeah has to be an English speaking location. My money is still on the lighthouse idea. I forget where this idea came from I think there is a portrait of a lighthouse on some map?

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=91

This is where the lighthouse idea came from. It can also be seen in Kino a bit.

And since Ascension island is under British rule, not England's

Um... Britain is England. :facepalm:

britain is a group of 4 countrys....england is one of them

Correct. But Elizabeth II is the monarch or Ascension Island, so we can assume the English have the most say on what happens there. Ascension Island is part of the British Overseas Territories, it isn't part of the United Kingdom, but is ruled by it.

Personally, I think Ascension will take place there, not the United States of America, it seems to fit in more.

However, the Lighthouse in England is still an option since they do speak English there.

Correct, we do speak English in England. Made me laugh. The title is either pointing towards the English lighthouse because you go up and down stairs, ascend them. Or to Ascension island. I don't think we'll know until we get some footage through from Treyarch.

It might not be relevant, but on this call of duty wiki site there were scrapped maps, of which a few were about the very last campaign mission. The underwater number station. Maybe it is in there, the Woman in the starting sequence Clearly States: "Ascension". I don't think i'm the first to mention this, but it can still be a probability since "Five" was first a multiplayer map which has been most likely removed but the again used as a Zombies map. Then all the Zombie maps in WaW were MP Map based. So i think a MP map based on Kino might be released in a further Map Pack. But i think that the map Ascension might be in the Underwater Number Station.

(I'm not the first one to say this, probably. So ehm... yeah don't hate :P)

It might not be relevant, but on this call of duty wiki site there were scrapped maps, of which a few were about the very last campaign mission. The underwater number station. Maybe it is in there, the Woman in the starting sequence Clearly States: "Ascension". I don't think i'm the first to mention this, but it can still be a probability since "Five" was first a multiplayer map which has been most likely removed but the again used as a Zombies map. Then all the Zombie maps in WaW were MP Map based. So i think a MP map based on Kino might be released in a further Map Pack. But i think that the map Ascension might be in the Underwater Number Station.

Kino's MP map was probably in Map Pack 4, which Kino was going to be included in but never got released.

Those scrapped maps were MP maps, so they probably have no connection to zombies. Also, there is no way of knowing that the pentagon MP map was scrapped then turned into a zombies map, thats just someone on the call of duty wiki making speculations. Also, the under water number station cant be Ascension since The number station was under the Rusalka, which was out at sea in Cuban waters. And since they speak Spanish in Cuba (Amirite?), the title of the map couldn't be "Ascension."

When you posted "Nacht Der Untoten - German - Takes place in Germany etc.."

did you not think "Ascension - English - England?" for all we know on that evidence it could be in any English speaking country. Based on that, who's ruling out Australia?

I have done many many many posts believing what I strongly believe the map Order will be, I try not to say too much in case I'm Wrong, but Kino = GER station Ascension = ENG station ????? = FRA station. Remember Der Riese? The notice/billboards? The wooden planks at each teleporter? I mean come on they may not be in order but I will be suprised if they don't include these locations as someplace, kino is obviously linked with the ENG lighthouse and the FRA eifel tower location.

GER station (Kino) - Check. 1 down 2 to go :)

It's a good point though I didn't think of it right away but yeah has to be an English speaking location. My money is still on the lighthouse idea. I forget where this idea came from I think there is a portrait of a lighthouse on some map?

Nuketown, the green house as pictures of a lighthouse and another forrested area,with a river and it also looks like a different angle of the lighthouse.

Those scrapped maps were MP maps, so they probably have no connection to zombies. Also, there is no way of knowing that the pentagon MP map was scrapped then turned into a zombies map, thats just someone on the call of duty wiki making speculations. Also, the under water number station cant be Ascension since The number station was under the Rusalka, which was out at sea in Cuban waters. And since they speak Spanish in Cuba (Amirite?), the title of the map couldn't be "Ascension."

Yes, but the theory might be quitte right about the map "Five", however the fact that it was completely indoors might've done it. But maybe therefore they used it for zombies.

It would've been nice though, the Heroes underwater to find something about Numbers or something. Than zombies have come onto the boat (idunno how but whatever) Then they are trapped underwater and they can ascend to the deck of the boat or something. :P

Yes, but the theory might be quitte right about the map "Five", however the fact that it was completely indoors might've done it. But maybe therefore they used it for zombies.

It would've been nice though, the Heroes underwater to find something about Numbers or something. Than zombies have come onto the boat (idunno how but whatever) Then they are trapped underwater and they can ascend to the deck of the boat or something. :P

Well, a good portion of the Pentagon MP map was that street, which is outside. So killstreaks would still be somewhat useful. But I get your point. But if you look at the picture of the pentagon map, it wasn't even close to being done. All those pinkish red spaces are just generic placeholder textures. same goes for alot of the other textures on the map. Plus, that map looks nothing like Five. Jus sayin.

Haven't we forgotten one very vital factor here? Four words; "Monkey in a Spacesuit". What do Spacesuits, JFK and the word "Ascension" have in common? That's Right! Space Race! Which takes place...? Anyone?

A space map is pretty far fetched. But if you look at my Language theory a map set in space wouldn't really have a official language, so i guess there could be any language as the official name for the map.

True,

Previously the zombie maps have mimicked maps for multi-player that have been included in the same map pack (Nach= airfield, Verk=Asylum, Der= Nightfire, Five = U.S.D.D). This means that this new "Ascension" map could sit parallel to one of these maps released alongside it in the new map pack on the first of next month. This means that it we would have no way of perceiving what it would be like until the day of release. It would make sense though if it mimicked "Executive Order" as it would suggest a launch site (the spacesuit monkey).

(NateNote)