Red power boxes: Actually do something?

I was playing kino today and on round 22 i decided to go shoot the red power box by quick revive . so i shot it with the porters x2 ray gun and my screen shook. I know i wasnt seeing things because my brother said "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?" as it happened. and i shot the rest but nothing happened... i think maybe they need to be shot in a certain order? Idont know.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it was coincidence since the entire building shakes ocassionally and some roaring can be heard(sometimes no roars and the source of the roars is still unconfirmed)maybe u shot it just at the same time the entire building began to shake but I will try to check this out for myself

what it is, you have to have a upgraded weapon and shoot all 6 red boxes with the upgraded gun and where the 2 radios are, u shoot them and they will play a new message, i think you have to shoot the radios first then go around and shoot the red boxes, then it wil play the new message on the radio. also its not in order and you have to find all 4 reels and put them in the projector before you can do it.

what it is, you have to have a upgraded weapon and shoot all 6 red boxes with the upgraded gun and where the 2 radios are, u shoot them and they will play a new message, i think you have to shoot the radios first then go around and shoot the red boxes, then it wil play the new message on the radio. also its not in order and you have to find all 4 reels and put them in the projector before you can do it.

You actually don't have to shoot the boxes first, there was a topic about that where it was debunked.

And EtErNiiTY, was it the first time you had been back in the lobby since you had turned on the power? If so, the shaking is just the gassers getting in.

The way I heard is like what your saying but missing one part get all 3 movie reelsl. Then upgrade shoot the green powerbox in the alley. And finally shoot all 6 red power boxes.

But I don't think some one has done a combination with the movie reels or power boxes in another way to get something bigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it's the Ray gun thay makes the screen shake i mean everytime i use it somewhere between the start of a round or the middle of a round the screen will shake...it's as if the ray gun has so much power that it actually makes your character feel the force or backlash after killing a zombie or zombies.

+15 leeks

85 leeks in total. XD

I think that it's the Ray gun thay makes the screen shake i mean everytime i use it somewhere between the start of a round or the middle of a round the screen will shake...it's as if the ray gun has so much power that it actually makes your character feel the force or backlash after killing a zombie or zombies.

+15 leeks

85 leeks in total. XD

This. Pretty sure it was posted that the first shot from the PaP'd ray gun makes the screen shake.

I was playing kino today and on round 22 i decided to go shoot the red power box by quick revive . so i shot it with the porters x2 ray gun and my screen shook. I know i wasnt seeing things because my brother said "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?" as it happened. and i shot the rest but nothing happened... i think maybe they need to be shot in a certain order? Idont know.

i do the same thing the first shot out of the ray gun at the beggining of a round it does that or if it hasnt been shot in awhile. its like it charges up maybe?

• 1 month later...

i have never seen the screen itself shake when the gas zombies come in, more than likely just too close when you shot the PaP raygun, as you can can take distance damage from it.

And EtErNiiTY, was it the first time you had been back in the lobby since you had turned on the power? If so, the shaking is just the gassers getting in.

also happens in the stakeout and speed cola room, why these 2 rooms?

i refuse to believe treyarch have made it that difficult to unlock an easter egg

i have never seen the screen itself shake when the gas zombies come in, more than likely just too close when you shot the PaP raygun, as you can can take distance damage from it.

also happens in the stakeout and speed cola room, why these 2 rooms?

i refuse to believe treyarch have made it that difficult to unlock an easter egg

hmm...have you by any chance done the Easter egg in ascension?

as far as its been taken, yes but i wouldn't say i have done it.

i agree that the power boxes mean something and have a purpose, my point was lets simplify and use logic to solve this, it doesn't necessarily have to be so complicated.

the group i play with and i regularly try these steps in different orders:

-hit the 7 red and green boxes.

-set off all the traps at once.

-collected the 3 film reels.

-shot 2 radios.

-hit or shot all the bags of rubbish and stacks of paper.

-launched the rocket in the pentagon teleporter room.

-unlocked the song

-have all perk a colas and 2 PaP guns each with so many different combinations.

and we are yet to find anything different happening, which doesn't make our attempts are the be all and end all.

has anyone done much looking into the 115 weapons?

the red boxes were found ages ago, u have to get a upgraded gun and shoot all the red boxes, but first u need to find all the film reels and put them in the projector and then go around and shoot 5 of them i think. then where the 2 radios are, outside the map and in the candle, u shoot them and it will play a audio tape wont it, but if u shoot the radios first then shoot the boxes with a upgraded gun, it will play a new message.

Ive tried power boxes then radios then reels..

reels radios power

power reels radios

doing power in different order

doing them at different lvls..

anyways.. my point is, I was obsessed with this MONTHS back...

My conclusion... it does nothing, the power boxes are there to make you angry and speculate about nothing...:(