Ascension [uh-sen-shuhn]

Haddez

Ok so i found this on a site and i think he may be right

as·cen·sion

/əˈsɛnʃən/ [uh-sen-shuhn]

–noun

the act of ascending; ascent.

the Ascension, the bodily ascending of Christ from earth to heaven.

3. ( initial capital letter ) Ascension Day

Since the map name is capitalized, we’ll assume it’s not the act of ascending (unless of course as others have pointed out there could be a lighthouse or something to “ascend”, which actually does tie right into the rest of the pieces we have), then we’re left with the Ascension of Jesus Christ to Heaven (highly doubtful this has anything to do with Zombie killing) or a little island in the south Atlantic called “Ascension”.

This is where the secrets begin to unfold…

Ascension Island is located in the South Atlantic ocean, between South America and Africa (Last piece of intel has to do with something in 1978… Africa… Mason…. a man named Jonathan… sound familiar yet?) but to make things easier, I’m just going to paste the references we’ll care about (Source: Wikipedia.org)

“The main island has an area of approximately 91 km2. A volcanic peak rising from just west of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, much of the island is a wasteland of lava flows and cinder cones; no fewer than forty-four distinct craters have been identified.”

A Volcanic peak would likely need to be ascended however I’m not going to assume that’s what it means, just helps for descriptive purposes.

“The Spanish explorer João da Nova, sailing for Portugal, is believed to be the first to discover the island (in 1501), but he did not report it. When in 1503 Afonso de Albuquerque, a Portuguese navigator sighted the island on Ascension Day in the church calendar, he named it for that day.”

João da Nova…. NOVA6 gas… strange coincidence?

“The only action during World War II occurred on 9 December 1941. At around mid-day, the U-boat U-124 approached Georgetown on the surface with the intention of sinking any ships at anchor or shelling the cable station. A two-gun shore battery at Cross Hill, above Georgetown, fired on the submarine. The guns scored no hits but the U-boat submerged and retreated. ”

People stationed on a remote, ultra quiet island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean in World War II… sounds like the perfect setting for a Zombie attack…

“During World War II, to supply and augment extensive amphibious aircraft antisubmarine patrol operations ongoing from the early days of the war, the United States built an airbase on Ascension Island, known as “Wideawake”, after a nearby colony of Sooty Terns (locally called ‘Wideawake’ birds because of their loud, distinctive call, which would wake people early in the morning).”

Not that this has much to do with everything, but it’s interesting to see that this is just yet another location where the British and the American allied forces worked together, but keeping in COD style, it’s a far less known about place and has plenty of mystery around it… perfect for.. you guessed it, Zombies!

If you really want to get a closer view of Ascension Island, click here for a website that has a live webcam feed right at a dock on the shore. I just checked it out and it looked perfectly cloudy at sunset and I think I saw a zombie swimming in the water.

So aside from just the physical location of the island, there would have to be a location on the island where the Zombie invasion would take place right? Ok, well since there isn’t much going on there, I went ahead and found some satellite images of the island and found the locations of what appears to be 4 or 5 distinct settlements of barracks or other random buildings as well as the lone remaining airstrip.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the final one that he noticed to be significant was what appeared to be two people or zombies. IDEAS?

'Beware of the 6'

May come into work here

I think the two 'people' may be more hero's

and if you go to the blank portrait on Kino with ritchofen

he says

one day soon master - L.Maxis maybe ?