My Ascension Theory

Sanguinius

This post is more an evolution of a theory i posted along time ago (in the run up to Black Ops) the link to the topic is below if you're interested but i'll sum it up as I go along.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2634

The first point is a point I read on another thread, I can'remember which, but they pointed out that the name of each map has been written in the language of the country it is based in eg nacht der untoten, verruckt etc are in Germany and Shi No Numa in Japan and Five in America.

So assuming the der riese teleporter and board idea is right for the next two maps (it foretold Kino). Then Ascension should be the English map.

My previous thread goes into the idea that the English map would be based on the Isle of Sheppey, an island at the mouth of the Thames that was an important miltary base in WWII, this area is actually circled on the map of Britain on the board. The other interesting thing about this island that relates to the board is that the picture with the lighthouse also has a shipwreck on it, there is a very famous shipwreck off the coast of Sheppey. The SS Montgomery was an American cargo ship carrying ordnance to England in WWII, the ship crashed on rocks and most of the bombs were never removed after the hull began to crack for fear of detonating the explosives (as it would result in the most powerful non-nuclear explosion in history). As a result the ship and surrounding water has been restricted space to this very day.

What has made me think more about this post-launch is the fact that every zombie map is modded from an existing multiplayer or single player map, in Black Ops Kino was from Berlin Wall that is also coming in the map pack but they had made pre-launch but not included, and Five is a mix of the Pentagon sequence and the Rebirth Labs. So after playing the campaign we know there is a section on a shipwreck (during the WWII flashback). The name ascension could refer to the shipwreck "ascending out of darkness" of the sea.

Just throwing an idea out there.

I dont know how the gknova6 update relates to this (or any other map ideas for that matter). Though its an obvious take on the well known Da Vinci pic and Da Vinci was rumoured to be linked to The Illuminati. So I believe there will probably be some furthering of this storyline, MI5's insignia from the 50's through the 70's was the recognised Illuminati symbol (just like on the US $1 dollar bill) so this could be a link to England aswell

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after playing the campaign we know there is a section on a shipwreck (during the WWII flashback). The name ascension could refer to the shipwreck "ascending out of darkness" of the sea.

Definently a nice idea, but that ship you're referring to is out in the middle of the Arctic Circle, if i'm not mistaken. There's actually going to be a German Research Facility MP Map in the First Strike DLC based on said single player map.

• 3 weeks later...

great theory but i have to agree with ghost. we know that the map surely has to be english due to the name being in the language and the hints from the boards in der riese.

Ascension Island is part of the british empire, therefore english and when studying the island it has a lot of craters. Indicating maybe a meteor landed on ascension island containing a vast amount of element 115.

We know that richtofen wanted to go to area 51 while at der riese because it had vast quantities of the element 115.

So maybe knowing area 51 is in-acesible he sets the teleporters for ascension island where the element 115 is still there from a meteor crash.

The 4 characters then start by the meteor and maybe have to ascend up the volcano to escape the zombies? maybe the first outdoor map (would be good).

The use of this island would also link nicely into the suggestion of the next map being french, again hinted from the boards in der riese. As napolean was exiled to St helena which is next to ascension island.

Just a theory but could be right, never know.

i think theres a new gun called the crimbler that creats a small wall that zombies must break this shold make some time to revive dowend mates the clip size is 3 and the upgraded gun is one that make the clip size bigger and the wall stronger and zombies traped in the beam will turn to stone the range is about 20 (upgraded 40 feet) :idea: