New Map Pack for Black Ops

zombies

So i heard about the new map pack thats coming out on february 1st i think. And they said that its gonna cost 1200 POINTS! I kinda think thats rediculas for the reason that all the other ones costed 800 points which was resonable. But now it went up 400 POINTS! The only reason i can think of them making it more points is because it 4 multiplayer maps instead of three. What do you think?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you compare it with the meager 3 new maps(If you played cod 4) that MW2 had it has a lot more value. It goes from $5 a map to $3 a map. On the other hand when compared to WaW your getting one extra map for 5 extra dollars.

In all reality it comes down to Activision being greedy and upping the price not because it has more value, but because they know that they can get away with it. People will buy the DLC regardless, and they know that.

You think you get gipped? It costs, what, $15 USD. It costs $25 Australian here. You might think, "Oh, they probably equal about the same anyway"

Well no, i will convert for you

AUS $25 = USD $24.90

USD $25 = AUS $25.5

The map pack in Australia should cost almost the same as it does in America, but Activision are assholes.

Why complain as well, most people would get at least $15 USD in one hours work. Its not that much

You think you get gipped? It costs, what, $15 USD. It costs $25 Australian here. You might think, "Oh, they probably equal about the same anyway"

AUS $25 = USD $24.90

USD $25 = AUS $15.5

The map pack in Australia should cost almost the same as it does in America, but Activision are assholes.

Why complain as well, most people would get at least $15 USD in one hours work. Its not that much

Im paying 1/4 of the game for maps that were supposed to launch on the disc, that is my problem. For the same price I could get, Quake Arena, or both L4D2 DLC.

AUS $25 = USD $24.90

USD $25 = AUS $15.5

I don't understand the conversion at all.

AUS $25 = USD about $25

USD $25 = AUS $15.50

AUS $15.50 = AUS $25? :? Money is destroyed when converting USD to AUS but not the other way around. :?

There should be another option "I don't care activision hates its Sony customers I'm just going to game share it" Cause that's exactly what I'm doing.

Activision signed a contract with Microsoft. Activision gets some of the profits from xbox live gold memberships for a limited time while Microsoft gets timed exclusives. It was a good deal for Activision because the Sony customers will buy their games any way.

AUS $25 = USD about $25

USD $25 = AUS $15.50

AUS $15.50 = AUS $25? :? Money is destroyed when converting USD to AUS but not the other way around. :?

Yeah sorry, it was supposed to read

USD $25 = AUS $25.50

And also, you have to pay $60 US. It cost $120 AUS here. And that would be about $118.90 US

AUS $25 = USD about $25

USD $25 = AUS $15.50

Yeah sorry, it was supposed to read

USD $25 = AUS $25.50

And also, you have to pay $60 US. It cost $120 AUS here. And that would be about $118.90 US

Thank you for clearing up the conversion. Your added value tax really screws you guys over.

Fuck that shit. I don't even WANT the multiplayer maps, just taking up space. All I really want is the zombie map. Charge more for something I don't want? Kiss my ass.

Please mind your language.

Most people do play MP as well, so that's why they include the maps, your probably in the minority, not the majority,

Map packs are THE BIGGESt scam in the gaming industry...

EVER...

And what's worse, the disc usually already contains the content, you just download an activation extension.

That's EXACTLY what they did for Assassins Creed 2.

And that, IS BULLSHIT.

You buy the game, but some parts of the disc are just locked away, and you have to pay MORE money to unlock them!

-.-

GRRRRR

Map packs are THE BIGGESt scam in the gaming industry...

EVER...

And what's worse, the disc usually already contains the content, you just download an activation extension.

That's EXACTLY what they did for Assassins Creed 2.

And that, IS BULLSHIT.

You buy the game, but some parts of the disc are just locked away, and you have to pay MORE money to unlock them!

-.-

GRRRRR

Then don't buy dlc to protest this. OF course you're going to go back on your word and buy the dlc anyway because you're a greedy hypocrite. There is nothing wrong with a business doing business practices.

Wait...

I'm a greedy hypocrite, by SPENDING MORE MONEY than I know I should?

Buddy, that means I'm the opposite.

It means Activitision is the greedy one.

Have a great day, Troll

You're the one who wants Activision to give you free stuff. Activision employees work hard to make the games that you play and only make the games because it pays them money that they need to feed their families. You're the one who wants to extort Activision.

that si the way they make their money, they put it on the disc and literally download something to polish the maps up a little and unlock them

BFBC2 "DLC" was taking maps and simply allowing them to be played on another game mode. now THAT was a ripoff

No its not most people(like me) got those maps for free. A regular copy of BFBC2 gave you a code which allowed you to get all the map packs. Except for Vietnam of course.

Activision signed a contract with Microsoft. Activision gets some of the profits from xbox live gold memberships for a limited time while Microsoft gets timed exclusives. It was a good deal for Activision because the Sony customers will buy their games any way.

Making money? More like being greedy Dbags. How much did they get from black ops alone? About a bill what about the money they make from Guitar Hero? Or mw2? Its all about not caring about all there fan base.

Making money? More like being greedy Dbags. How much did they get from black ops alone? About a bill what about the money they make from Guitar Hero? Or mw2? Its all about not caring about all there fan base.

Greed is good. Activision doesn't exist to give you good games. They exist to make money for themselves which every ways possible. If they feel that they can charge more and make more money then they should take that risk. If their predictions were right, they get rewarded with higher incomes which could lead down any number of paths. If they're wrong, then they lose money and have to find a way to make up for the loss. Capitalism is about the companies. The consumer only votes for ones to succeed or fail with their wallet. If you don't like Activision's practices don't buy Activision games. Buy from their competitors and then they would need to change their practices to get people buying. The changes may be cheeper goods, better goods, or any number of things.

Wait...

I'm a greedy hypocrite, by SPENDING MORE MONEY than I know I should?

Buddy, that means I'm the opposite.

It means Activitision is the greedy one.

Have a great day, Troll

You're the one who wants Activision to give you free stuff. Activision employees work hard to make the games that you play and only make the games because it pays them money that they need to feed their families. You're the one who wants to extort Activision.

I never said I wanted to be given FREE stuff?

you love to extort the truth, don't you?

Don't call people greedy when they are sensible enough to realise the scams imposed on them.

Think of it like this...

Commander, give me all your money right now, for this shitty, overpriced lolly pop

No?

Greedy

AUS $25 = USD $24.90

USD $25 = AUS $25.5

Us Aussies are always scammed out of everything!

The next map pack they have should just be all zombies thats it no more MP maps. Those things get so annoying. I mean right now thanks to my game being scratched i can't play MP. I would rather see 4 zombie maps then 3 or 4 MP maps and 1 zombie. 4 zombie and 1 MP is a good map pack unlock

AUS $25 = USD $24.90

USD $25 = AUS $25.5

Ill probably end being the one to buy it and then you will just get it for free off of me anyway just like all of the WAW map packs. So you have no reason to complain. :lol:

But yeah I'm not too fused about the price. 5, 10 dollars more. Whatever. As long as I get it.