odd occurence with the mysteious red boxes.

I was in a game of zombies in kino der toten, killing time while my teammates restocked while we had a crawler...a couple of us got talking about those mysterious red boxes that have unpowered cables leading to the teleporter....so we tried to see if there was a generator or something to direct power to the red boxes....no luck so i started to focus on oddly placed items (the fire trap downstairs, and the extra power/teleporter thingie that is located on the right hand side of the movie screen)...then my teammates went and turned on the fire trap, and linked the teleporter...i just so happened to be by the red box in the lobby (by the quick revive)...I figured that would be red box number 1 since it is closest from the beginning....i went to it and pressed X, but nothing happened....then I hit it with my bowie knife and a blue smoke cloud puffed up from the door and the red box slammed shut and i heard the drum beat from when the mystery box pulls the bear(the sound could have been just a coincidence.)

This could be all coincidental, but I figured it was worth mentioning ....anyone have any similar occurence with these red boxes?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a game of zombies in kino der toten, killing time while my teammates restocked while we had a crawler...a couple of us got talking about those mysterious red boxes that have unpowered cables leading to the teleporter....so we tried to see if there was a generator or something to direct power to the red boxes....no luck so i started to focus on oddly placed items (the fire trap downstairs, and the extra power/teleporter thingie that is located on the right hand side of the movie screen)...then my teammates went and turned on the fire trap, and linked the teleporter...i just so happened to be by the red box in the lobby (by the quick revive)...I figured that would be red box number 1 since it is closest from the beginning....i went to it and pressed X, but nothing happened....then I hit it with my bowie knife and a blue smoke cloud puffed up from the door and the red box slammed shut and i heard the drum beat from when the mystery box pulls the bear(the sound could have been just a coincidence.)

This could be all coincidental, but I figured it was worth mentioning ....anyone have any similar occurence with these red boxes?

:shock: OMG! Wait did your teammate get the teddy as soon as you knifed it?!? That may be why it happened.

I'm more interested in the animation that happened and not the sound. I know they could have got the teddy at the same time, but I've hit that box with the bowie knife like 30 times before and all it did was move a little...the occurence I experienced in the first post was distinctly different from any other time...there was a like a small blue cloud and flash around the box when i hit it with the bowie almost like a picked up a power-up....then it slammed shut and never opened again. I didn't notice anything different after that.

The animation for the hinge on the power box allows it to slam shut. Red#1 Opens when you approach it, if you swing at it right it will slam the door shut.

A gun will reopen it..

However on the subject of boxes, game started with a commentary of "We've got to find the fuse box"

Similar to how they comment about the power, but this in particular said fuse box. Which I found interesting...

I still think there is something, or maybe there USE to be something intendeed that was taken out during release..?

*shrugs*

ALL THIS IS SPECULATION: NO FLAMING!!!

Just a thought;

but you know how Treyarch took out the Amm-o-matic perk just before they released Black Ops.

They also took out several guns, about 20 in all, including the AK-47 and the Wunderwaffe DG-2.

Well, what if they also took out a Second pack-a-punch which costs 10000 allowing you to upgrade your gun a SECOND time, and in order to activate it, you had to connect all the red power boxes to the teleporter, thus giving it a power boost, and sending you somewhere other than the projection room. They maybe they thought it'd be too complicated and just took it out.