Ghost. (formally I am done thread)

Legend

I dont find ghost to be a huge problem, but it is overused. I wish the pro version only made your name not pop up or something like that. Personally, i use ghost, but thats because its so good. Just like stopping power. Its not overpowered, or annoying. Its just something that will put you at a big disadvantage over someone whos using it, if your not using it. Again, like stopping power. They really cant tweak it at this point in the game, but your just going to have to use Killstreaks that still effect ghost users. Use

RC-XD, Counter Spy Plane, SAM turret, Napalm Strike, Rolling Thunder, Mortar Team, Blackbird, or Dogs.

Then ghost would be useless. Cold-blooded was used on MW2 and it did all that ghost did. The pro version took away the name. You just didn't see it on the normal modes. On Hardcoore some people used while others didn't because of more tactics being available.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole game is overpowered! There now does everyone feel better. You paid $60 or more for the game, deal with it. Try to have fun until all of your complaints get fixed.

There have been 4 title updates and the game has been out 43 days not to mention numerous hotfixes. Their working on it give them a break.

P.S. Legend I gave your brains back because I don't feel you deserved to lose them.

EDIT: It won't let me give you brains and I don't know why?

Here is my problem, They had 2 years to make this game, and there have been 4 title updates since release, around 40 days ago. But (now dont flame me on this point) Bungie had less than 2 years I believe, and guess what? No title updates to patch the Online since September launch. Because there was a Beta, no select group of people can test a game and react as if they were the community.

/RANT

Here is my problem, They had 2 years to make this game, and there have been 4 title updates since release, around 40 days ago. But (now dont flame me on this point) Bungie had less than 2 years I believe, and guess what? No title updates to patch the Online since September launch. Because there was a Beta, no select group of people can test a game and react as if they were the community.

/RANT

You're completely right, the problems should have been solved by release, and a beta would have aided this. The reality is that there was no beta, and we just have to deal with it. Like I said just try to make the best of it.

I was gonna post a huge rant about how ghost is op and that in almost every other situation another perk would be less helpful... but stupid IE decided to send me back a page and i lost all of my progress. If someone would like to post a situation where another perk is more useful than ghost IN MORE THAN ONE INSTANCE I would love to hear it..

I was gonna post a huge rant about how ghost is op and that in almost every other situation another perk would be less helpful... but stupid IE decided to send me back a page and i lost all of my progress. If someone would like to post a situation where another perk is more useful than ghost IN MORE THAN ONE INSTANCE I would love to hear it..

Lightweight is good for objective games and escaping gun battles.

Hardline is great if you have a hard time getting big killstreaks. Just use low killstreaks with care-package selected and you can become a really big help to the team. If you keep spy planes and counter spy planes constantly in the air you can really mess up the other team. Coupled with two chances to get big kill streaks from each care package.

Flak Jacket can be good if used properly, its good for planting bombs, ghost can be too, but often times there is a claymore guarding the bomb. Flack Jacket can also be good on smaller grenade spam maps, you can't hide from grenades even with ghost.

If you play like 90% of the community, you can hide with ghost, you find find yourself a nice corner, set down a claymore/Motion sensor and grenades wont find you anywhere.

Flak Jacket can be good if used properly, its good for planting bombs, ghost can be too, but often times there is a claymore guarding the bomb. Flack Jacket can also be good on smaller grenade spam maps, you can't hide from grenades even with ghost.

If you play like 90% of the community, you can hide with ghost, you find find yourself a nice corner, set down a claymore/Motion sensor and grenades wont find you anywhere.

Counters to all of this:

Hardline with Counter Spy Plane and a blackbird

Hacker Pro

Use a jammer and when you find a motion sensor with your Hacker pro the throw it down.

Warlord Pro with flash or stuns and just throw one around every corner you come too.

So if your really tired of ghost, but don't want to use ghost I suggest this class:

AK-74u w/Grip and Extended Mags

Perk 1- Hardline(Pro)

Perk 2- Warlord Pro

Perk 3- Hacker Pro

Equipment- Jammer

Lethal Grenade- Frag

Tactical Grenade- Stun or Flash

Yes but Lightwieght may be good for rushing, it would be easier to rush with ghost right? Because they wont know you're there, which puts lightwieght at a class only for CTF. hardline since the patch is useless piratically.

It would not be easier to rush with ghost because the defenders will see you and will definatly hear "objective taken" or something. You would also have to shoot to get rid of claymores, C4, and the defenders and a silencer can take away a lot of killing power when up against a defensive sniper. You have not countered my argument for Hardline at all. The patch just made it so low kill streaks like the SAM turret can't be abused. It is still a very good perk and it is easy to get four kills with a spy plane up.

I see all of your points now, to come to one final conclusion:

Ghost is not overpowered, it is fine, and so are all of the other 1st tier perks, earlier today I found how helpful some of them are.

Lightweight Pro - Extremely helpful, no fall damage.

Hardline Pro - More helpful for when you are at those higher kill streaks.

Flack Jacket - Perfect for nuketown(RC's, and grenades everywhere)

Ghost - It is just abused, great for when your team is getting owned, and you try to bring it back up a little.

Next order of business, Add flares to the Chopper Gunner! I dont even get the door open all the wall.

Next order of business, Add flares to the Chopper Gunner! I dont even get the door open all the wall.

Umm, it does have flares. And people shouldn't be able to lock on to you until after you get your door open.

If you're legitimately getting shot down before you open the door, then it could be somebody getting a lucky shot with an RPG or something like that, or a SAM turret maybe?

Umm, it does have flares. And people shouldn't be able to lock on to you until after you get your door open.

If you're legitimately getting shot down before you open the door, then it could be somebody getting a lucky shot with an RPG or something like that, or a SAM turret maybe?

Idk mate, everytime I get lucky and get a Chopper Gunner, I can barely get 5 kills before it's shot down. I don't think it's that fair that getting a 9 Killstreak only results in me getting about 3 kills. I still think they should make Ghost a Tier 3 Perk. *Shrug*

Idk mate, everytime I get lucky and get a Chopper Gunner, I can barely get 5 kills before it's shot down. I don't think it's that fair that getting a 9 Killstreak only results in me getting about 3 kills. I still think they should make Ghost a Tier 3 Perk. *Shrug*

Yes, because we want to live in a world where you can have both Ghost and Flack Jacket, that is invincible there.

Yes, because we want to live in a world where you can have both Ghost and Flack Jacket, that is invincible there.

You'd still have flash and stuns since they wouldn't have tactical mask

Flash and stuns don't stop trigger fingers and depending on how they're set up they may be sitting in a way where you have no choice but to die if you want to fight them.

You'd still have flash and stuns since they wouldn't have tactical mask

Flash and stuns don't stop trigger fingers and depending on how they're set up they may be sitting in a way where you have no choice but to die if you want to fight them.

If all else fails, just avoid the camper