What Was Alex Hallucinating About?

GKtruthseeker

Okay, I've played through the campaign several times now, I completely understand the stuff about the numbers, but the part that still confuses me is what things was Alex hallucinating about, a great example is, when you steal the hind in Payback, when you see the hind, you start to hear the numbers, but Reznov wasn't with you? Could you have been hallucinating about Woods there?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly certain he was hallucinating Reznov the whole time. Nobody else but Mason could see him; the Campaign just presented this in a way that makes it seem like Reznov was a part of your squad, though there are very subtle hints you have to see for yourself (even if you have to play it again and again) to know that they don't even acknowledge Reznov's existence.

But considering that MKULTRA and other similar mind-control programs play a huge role in the backstory (as hinted by the viral documents earlier this year), maybe there were other things Mason was hallucinating. Your hearing of the numbers during that scene (as there are sounds of them in other scenes in the Campaign as well) is perceptive, but it's hard to tell if they have any relevance during certain scenes, such as the one you mentioned where before you take the Hind.

A great exapmple of one of his hallucinations is here. Skip to 1:51

9NZ1Ke2exS0

You can see while he is trying to open the door, the screen loses brightness (Meaning he is starting his hallucination) then you see Reznov appear. You then can hear the numbers as well.

Another great example of Mason's "Renzov" hallucinations is when they enter the rat tunnel and Reznov drops down. Skip to 0:47

VikLY8p1Aqo

You can see Mason talking with Reznov, and after you "split up" you hear your partner ask "What the f*** is wrong with you?"

yeah but it still dosnt explain why in the mission with the lab full of monkeys why i barely fired a shot and Reznov killed almost all the enemys for me lol

Yeah, there are some parts that don't make sense, like in the rat tunnel when you follow Reznov and then he takes out one of the ambushers. But Mason imagined all that, so the parts where he was 'alone' with Reznov was just him for some reason having superhuman strength at some points, and becoming a one man army at others. But since he can't remember what happened correctly, nobody knows for sure how he managed to do some of the things he did.

If you look at the two views of the killing of stiener you'll notice what Mason actually did was what Reznov did, while he saw it in his head as Reznov. So any moment when it is just you and Reznov you can basically swap their places at any time. That means that you could have been what he thought he did when Reznov was what he actually did. It's confusing but makes sense if you think hard enough and have brainwashed someone previously. :twisted: