The True identity of the Thief!

Anti Earth

Anti Earth, I don't mean to be a dick. In fact I agree with you 100%. I am positive it's Clarke. But lighten up a little - a lot of the doubters are presenting legitimate points. Not that they aren't easily refuted but they're legit nonetheless.

If anything, showing the two skins only reinforced that it's the same guy for me. You guys have said things like "only plastic surgery would make him look like that." Well, we ARE talking about someone hiding from the Americans and the Russians and who has enough access to money to stock up on enough guns for an apocalypse and a half, so does getting some plastic surgery REALLY seem like a stretch? If I had just gotten shot in the head and lived, and was being hunted by the governments of TWO world superpowers (three if China cares that this is all happening in their backyard) I think plastic surgery to make myself look different would take secondary priority only to getting reconstructive surgery to fix the hole in my head. Also, about his features being the result of injuries, consider the fact that after Clarke was shot, he DID fall a long way to the ground and bounced off of a few neon signs along the way.

And yes, I DID notice the differences, don't get me wrong. But don't Kennedy, Castro and McNamara ALSO look different than they do in the campaign? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they even have different voice actors for zombie mode for some reason. So for me, little differences like that are like pffft, big deal. You know it's Kennedy, Nixon, McNamara and Castro because that's what the game tells you. And despite their templates you know Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen are who they are because the game tells you who they are. The game does not tell you who the Pentagon Thief is, but the fact that Clarke is the only one who looks like him leads me to no other conclusion.

Unless it's Clarke's brother from Johannesburg. Aw, goddammit. :facepalm: Just had to open the can labeled "may contain worms" didn't I?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if it's just a scientist that was involved with 115 and stuff

It could very well be.

I don't KNOW who the Thief is, but what the link between Clarke should definetly not be ignored!

Anti Earth, I don't mean to be a dick. In fact I agree with you 100%. I am positive it's Clarke. But lighten up a little - a lot of the doubters are presenting legitimate points. Not that they aren't easily refuted but they're legit nonetheless.

Haha, thanks.

I did get a bit fustrated back there :P

I'll go back and bleep out my insults :D

i want to know why people are still debating this, nayrc pretty much gave solid proof clarke isnt the Pentagon Tech, alot more truth than anything that supports it being clarke so i will do a pros and cons relation, based solely on ingame information, not what you THINK you know

Pro

The pentagon Tech has the same Nova6 Formula as Clarke

Clarke WAS part of the Ascension group (HE is dead)

Con

Pentagon Tech has Group 935 logo on his clothes (this could also be classed as a maybe, noted down below)

Pentagon tech has "Living Dead" Written on his belt/sash further linking to Group 935 (As it is written throughout the maps in w@w

Clarke is English, therefor not German or Russian and not part of Group 935

the pentagon Tech has a portable teleporter on his belt (hense how he teleports in and out), meaning he has intelligence and not a mindless zombie, which means he is still alive (barely)

None of the Character skins match

Maybe

Ascension Group is made up of former Group 935 members, however Clarke isnt or wasnt part of Group 935, but this link could proof as to who it might be

now this is just a basic run down of what i know off the top of my head, Nayrc put a much more indepth look into the pentagon tech which was near flawless and most of you still come out with the most stupid counter theories to his hard work, about brainwashing etc which i find laughable

even if clarke did get brainwashed (in some peoples eyes) he clearly wasnt brainwashed before he got show was he?! so therefor that theory is busted before it should of even been thought of

this is what we know in game, this isnt theory, its fact, Pentagon Thief is NOT Clarke, now if you put in as much effort into actually trying to figure out who he might be, instead of trying to prove its clarke when theres no chance what so ever it will be true, then you would have a truly great team of researchers on here

Pro

The pentagon Tech has the same Nova6 Formula as Clarke

Clarke WAS part of the Ascension group (HE is dead)

Con

Pentagon Tech has Group 935 logo on his clothes (this could also be classed as a maybe, noted down below)

Pentagon tech has "Living Dead" Written on his belt/sash further linking to Group 935 (As it is written throughout the maps in w@w

Clarke is English, therefor not German or Russian and not part of Group 935

the pentagon Tech has a portable teleporter on his belt (hense how he teleports in and out), meaning he has intelligence and not a mindless zombie, which means he is still alive (barely)

None of the Character skins match

Why can't he be in 935 and the Ascension group?

Clarkes gas zombies work with Maxis people zombies...

And sorry to repeat myself (again and again and again),

but there are many more PROS than this.

Read my initial post maybe?

And the comments I have left since?

It's not Clarke.

/End thread.

yeah, the pros that support this are based on flimsy, circumstantial evidence with no real backing. theories arise and fall, its the normal pace of solving a mystery, especially zombies. many very likely theories like this one have come and gone, and IMO i think we shud just let this one die in peace.

lol, they call it 'flimsy pros'

Yet...

Both Clarke and the Thief are scientists

They look identical

They both have identical equations on their faces (which ARE NOT reused, because the Thief has

different equations on his jacket. Think about it)

Clarke worked on Nova 6

That's it, I'm going to JD with this.

You guys are choosing to be ignorant and dismissive.

I never said 'look at sig'

Fabricating quotes is not permitted.

And it's very offtopic.

But good on you :\

i used that to save space you jerk... it was the equivalent of saying @Anti Earth, and you still havent answered the question

Because it's offtopic?

Why don't you start a thread on it, or message me? :facepalm:

well this thread should have died long ago so... ;) and now that u alraedy kno wat i wud pm u, save bandwith and just pm me the answer :lol::facepalm:

to get back on topic...

lol, they call it 'flimsy pros'

Yet...

Both Clarke and the Thief are scientists

They look identical

They both have identical equations on their faces (which ARE NOT reused, because the Thief has

different equations on his jacket. Think about it)

Clarke worked on Nova 6

That's it, I'm going to JD with this.

You guys are choosing to be ignorant and dismissive.

the jacket of the theif is rendered seperatly from the body*, like the dancer in the begining of the first SP mission. the entire character model skin is probably reused as its never seen.. i really dont want to have to go dig it up so please... just trust a PC gamer on this one...

*you can tell from the way the jacket reacts as he runs