The Bleeding Mannequin Easter Egg *Pictures coming soon*

Dawn

Here's a little something I found while running through the map on a Egg hunt. In the back of the Dressing room (if you were to come in behind the stage) facing the door leading to the foyer (or Speed Cola room), there is an odd mannequin. Odd only due to the fact that it has a discoloration under its left shoulder. After noticing this, I decided to shoot the discolored spot, only to see the bullet leave a bloody decal, as if it were "alive." Testing this out on the other mannequins, I found that it was in fact, the only one that shows that effect. I inspected it a bit closer and saw the numbers 1942 on the bottom left hip, and the same numbers on its neck, though this was shared with the other mannequins. Also, upon entering the room through the foyer, I was greeted by dialog from Dempsey something along the lines of, "Hello ladies, Dempsey's here." (Will correct myself if I can reactivate the dialog)

Anyways, this could mean...:

1. The mannequin has hit points similar to player controlled/non-player controlled entities, which could in fact, have an effect on gameplay if "killed."

2. It is a small coding/texture error, or something along that sort (someone give me the correct term.) And thus, it has no affect whatsoever.

3. Meaning is symbolic... (however I will need help with this)

4. Its.... Alive?

Hope someone could shed some light for me here. Oh, and sorry for the wall of text, Im hoping to clean it up once I get some pictures for you guys and gals. Yeah, it freaked me out a bit when I saw it though. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add that the bullet will only leave a bloody mark if it were aimed in that specific part. The spot is approximately 2.5 inches under the left shoulder. The "spot" seems to be 3-4 inches in diameter, so you should have no trouble finding the "fleshy" part of the mannequin.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. I'll check it out later :D

Edit: I found it, can't believe it took me so long haha. It's.. weird, but awesome. I can't stop shooting it. The blood comes out right where the heart would be, so I'm assuming it's just a small Easter Egg.

Cool, nonetheless.

Whew, then that means its not just me then. For a second, I assumed that it was just my bad luck at receiving a glitch or something, and not an actual easter egg, (assuming it is one).

Bleeding Mannequin eh? Silent Hill 3 much?

Pretty much. Well, at least without the head coming off... or the bizarre scream. Kind of makes me want to replay my copy of SH3 that I bought a few months ago. Probably one of the more eerie moments in the game.

*Origins and SH1 fan*

The Nova6 Crawler Zombies remind me of those ones with the claws from Homecoming 0.o )

I've tried to find it, but I keep getting ran out when the new round starts. If I can find it, I'll try to get pics.

If you could aquire some pictures that would be great. So far my iphone + my SD Television set pretty much = crappy pictures. Oh and I'm glad to see another SH fan. I was pretty dissapointed in Homecoming though, but yeah they do look like those obnoxious crawling things that come out of the sewer. Think Silent Hill 3 will forever be my favorite one. Well that or 2, but that one seemed to drag on a bit too long. Hope 8 won't follow in Homecoming's footsteps... or Shattered Memories either for that matter. It was a breath of fresh air, but... eh.

Awesome pictures. Thanks man, brains for you. Saved me a lot of trouble.

EDIT: Wait, how does the brain rating system work? Do I just click the thumbs up thumbnail at the top right? Not sure if I did it right xD

I'm pretty new here myself, so I'm not sure :P

And no problem about the pics.

EDIT: Wait, how does the brain rating system work? Do I just click the thumbs up thumbnail at the top right? Not sure if I did it right xD

Well, when I finally figure it out. Ill make sure to compensate, you've been more than helpful, haha.

Well, when I finally figure it out. Ill make sure to compensate, you've been more than helpful, haha.

Just click the little thumbs-up icon to give brains, click the little thumbs-down to give negative brains.

*Origins and SH1 fan*

The Nova6 Crawler Zombies remind me of those ones with the claws from Homecoming 0.o )

I've tried to find it, but I keep getting ran out when the new round starts. If I can find it, I'll try to get pics.

It's offiical, Silent Hill is the next map XD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is my first post and this one caught my attention.

the bleeding manni, to me refers to the poster pygmalion.

which im sure your guys know is a mythlogical story refering to an sculptor.

who falls in love with a statue and gets a blessing from cupid to bring it to life

to my understanding its a big german myth. which faust is also.

which makes me think that the posters have a relation with the story in there own way.