Yet Another Powerbox Thread ~ Hahaha

ZeMrDark

So, there are a few scattered threads on the 6 red boxes...

Im just going to suggest possibilties.. not of what happens but what to possibly attempt.

1. Hit all 6 Red Boxes Before Turning on Power, leave green box alone

2. Hit all 6 red Boxes Before power, turn power on, hit green box

3. Hit all 6 Red Boxes, Have team minus 1 teleport, hit green box while team is in projectionist room

4. Hit the green box leave the red boxes alone till power is on

Can anyone think of any other series at which to hit the boxes in an attempt to cause 'SOMETHING'.. Im not going to speculate to the something. But clearly they are interactive, they are connected to the teleporter and must do SOMETHING when properly activated/deactivated in some sort of particular order.

And out of these or any other suggested idea's, what has been seen in the attempts.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, if they are indeed connected to the teleporter, they somehow affect the areas that the players are able to teleport to? Though I remember reading somewhere that a PC user noclipped and saw nothing but the common areas we are normally sent to. I myself tried some of the scenarios you did, with no noticeable effect. Still, props to you for trying!

*sigh* Makes you wonder huh?

My only thought honestly... is there is the possibility of there being some sort of affect from the action of interacting with the boxes. However, seeing how the possibility of something happening is probably AMAZING --

I imagine that instead of just focusing on using the boxes in any particular order maybe closed minded of us. I know I get frustrated and restart the map after awhile thinking, "I know, I'll try this!!" However what if the actions against the boxes have no result untill either a specific lvl or post lvl? Similar to how we see how the rockets don't seem to launch till later lvls or the monkey claps his hand. Maybe there is a build up of possibilities?

*shrugs*

I just wish treyarch would hint to SOMETHING lol or at least tell us to "stfu" about our speculations if we are completly wrong, hahahaha... Maybe everything really is just hints and rumors to future maps, or maybe the interactivity of the boxes and other items actually leads to the spawning of new creatures, or in Kino it gives us some symbol to discount the PaP similar to Five with killing the theif ?

I dunno... All I know is, it's become frustrating Hahaha... For me it's coming to a point where they release a map pack, everyone ignores Kino and treyarch hints to what needs to be done, just to keep people interested in the complete content instead of 'just' 'new' content.

Anyways--- about the power boxes...

SOMETHING --- Haha

My only thought honestly... is there is the possibility of there being some sort of affect from the action of interacting with the boxes. However, seeing how the possibility of something happening is probably AMAZING --

I imagine that instead of just focusing on using the boxes in any particular order maybe closed minded of us. I know I get frustrated and restart the map after awhile thinking, "I know, I'll try this!!" However what if the actions against the boxes have no result untill either a specific lvl or post lvl? Similar to how we see how the rockets don't seem to launch till later lvls or the monkey claps his hand. Maybe there is a build up of possibilities?

*shrugs*

I just wish treyarch would hint to SOMETHING lol or at least tell us to "stfu" about our speculations if we are completly wrong, hahahaha... Maybe everything really is just hints and rumors to future maps, or maybe the interactivity of the boxes and other items actually leads to the spawning of new creatures, or in Kino it gives us some symbol to discount the PaP similar to Five with killing the theif ?

I dunno... All I know is, it's become frustrating Hahaha... For me it's coming to a point where they release a map pack, everyone ignores Kino and treyarch hints to what needs to be done, just to keep people interested in the complete content instead of 'just' 'new' content.

Anyways--- about the power boxes...

SOMETHING --- Haha

I'm with you on that one pal... here's hoping we come out of this with something to show for it.

Has anyone tried Hitting all of the red ones before turning on the power, and having another person teleport, try hitting the green one while they're in the teleporting screen (the blue area you enter after you hit the teleporter but before you reach the projection room)

Sounds like an interesting theory. I might as well try it when I have some time this afternoon. Will come back with what I find. Maybe I can try a few other scenarios as well.

I hate to be a buzz kill but I believe there is absolutely nothing secret about those red boxes. Trey-arch mapped new graphics and objects obviously. they are just for show, having a actual box on the wall that does something when you hit it. Just how you can shoot anything and everything in the game pretty much.

I hate to be a buzz kill but I believe there is absolutely nothing secret about those red boxes. Trey-arch mapped new graphics and objects obviously. they are just for show, having a actual box on the wall that does something when you hit it. Just how you can shoot anything and everything in the game pretty much.

Yeah, after many attempts, I have yet to see any significant gameplay modifications because of it. Well, I knew I was running into a wild goose chase with this one, I guess I just felt better with the reassurance that I'm not missing anything. Obssessive? Probably. God I need a break...

Thats a fair statement... but why just the power boxes and in places we would nmever go to hit them to begin with? and why not explosive furniture and other destroyable objects?

Papers and trash bags around the map.

also, has anyone tried green, red x6, then turn the power on? Grrrrrr

Possibly spawns something out of that big ominous door on the back of the stage? how theres huge roars when u turn on the power, building shakes, etc. Maybe if u hit the boxes Green, Red, Red, Red, Red, Red, Red, then something (judging from the grim reaper blood stain on the big door i mentioned) breaks thru the door when u turn on the power? Ill go try it now, and post back asap

edit: nothing happened =( although i didnt activate anything else around the map. btw, whats up with all the grim-reaper like bloodstains around the map? idk if theyre actually grim reaper, but thats what it looks like to me. ones ik of are on the big boarded door on the stage, in a window in the alley, and the isolated downstairs window in the starting room

Thats a fair statement... but why just the power boxes and in places we would nmever go to hit them to begin with? and why not explosive furniture and other destroyable objects?

Papers and trash bags around the map.

also, has anyone tried green, red x6, then turn the power on? Grrrrrr

Possibly spawns something out of that big ominous door on the back of the stage? how theres huge roars when u turn on the power, building shakes, etc. Maybe if u hit the boxes Green, Red, Red, Red, Red, Red, Red, then something (judging from the grim reaper blood stain on the big door i mentioned) breaks thru the door when u turn on the power? Ill go try it now, and post back asap

edit: nothing happened =( although i didnt activate anything else around the map. btw, whats up with all the grim-reaper like bloodstains around the map? idk if theyre actually grim reaper, but thats what it looks like to me. ones ik of are on the big boarded door on the stage, in a window in the alley, and the isolated downstairs window in the starting room

Eh, somebody just coined the term "Grim Reaper" for it, and everyone else just followed suit. I doubt the large door in the back would break open, otherwise a PC user would be able to noclip through it and find a room. No... if there was a boss, then it would most likely spawn somewhere, most likely in front of the podium. Yeah, I was in the same boat as you though xD, tried many combinations and came out with nothing to show for it... well aside from the fact that I'm fairly certain nothing happens.

Less Behind it if you no clip it's a solid black box even thin, or it only exposes the sky.. Wouldn't necessarily need to be a room if what ever is outside if anything.. is 'outside'..

:)

*shrugs* Im still thinking more like cheaper pap or some other new bonus Hehehe..

Got your point xD. Didn't know there was actually a background image behind the wall, so I guess it could "come through." A nice PaP discount upgrade would be just lovely though, at least from 1-28 with a full group. One could hope... :)

ok, this thread was for attempts and thoughts on what could be done to activate the boxes.. Like the thread above me, if any PC games can see if there is SOME activating script for the boxes, that would be lovely..

As we can't debunk a theory untill it's proven false, other wise "believing" the boxes do nothing is no more than speculation also.