Der Riese Server Exploration

Ahhh, i see. Have you tried hitting YouTube for a tutorial on how to do a raw file dump of terminal.ff? I heard that's the name of the action. xD. That's where I'm headed next to see if I can catch a glimpse of the file dump.

EDIT: Yeah, I didn't find anything on YouTube.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, i see. Have you tried hitting YouTube for a tutorial on how to do a raw file dump of terminal.ff? I heard that's the name of the action. xD. That's where I'm headed next to see if I can catch a glimpse of the file dump.

I have found a free hex editor software. I'm goind to try that now and report back with the results.

EDIT: I feel that I don't have a clue of what I am doing.

Lol. I'mma keep searching around on the internet for the file dump in screenshot form. Nice try, though. Brownie points for that since idk what brains are or how they work.

EDIT: Ok. I learned how to do it. I gave you brains. No homo.

EDIT(2): Wait, you said that a Hex Editor would let you look through the files? Then, I can easily do that. It's not the first time that I've used a Hex editor or fiddled around with a disk on a pc.

EDIT(3): Ahhh, I forgot. I have PS3. My computer doesn't read Blu-ray. And my dad's laptop doesn't read Blu-ray, either. Maybe, my friend would let me borrow his copy of Black Ops, since he has it on the XBox. Or my cousin could let me use her laptop. She has to have Blu-ray on her system.

EDIT(4): Found it online. pastebin.com/wXLNWJMX

¥uM f·   ¯ †ÎŸ w _½µ­¥Î -Ï >§ î 7,4$ee GŸÖ ö·¯¿ ÷†VV ¶ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿterminal_resources/query.csv ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿterminal_resources/systems.csv ñÔ €Øµ ÿÿÿÿm+ùðgÕ €£‡Õ €×µ ÿÿÿÿüjˆóÔ €CpY Õ €Öµ ÿÿÿÿØ»Z6óÔ €CpY ‡Õ €Õµ ÿÿÿÿòeˆœá €$Ÿ‡Dreamland DoD DerRiese CIA

Proof there is no more servers than what we know.

¥uM f·   ¯ †ÎŸ w _½µ­¥Î -Ï >§ î 7,4$ee GŸÖ ö·¯¿ ÷†VV ¶ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿterminal_resources/query.csv ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿterminal_resources/systems.csv ñÔ €Øµ ÿÿÿÿm+ùðgÕ €£‡Õ €×µ ÿÿÿÿüjˆóÔ €CpY Õ €Öµ ÿÿÿÿØ»Z6óÔ €CpY ‡Õ €Õµ ÿÿÿÿòeˆœá €$Ÿ‡Dreamland DoD DerRiese CIA

Proof there is no more servers than what we know.

I think im high :|

Looking through the file now, will post random stuff that stands out:

- "terminal_resources/users.csv " Anyway we could access this file?

- "629 tmasaki 60 A56B90FC 69 6A5AFCA3" The "629" refers to the user, but what does the "60" and "69" refer to? Are they just file references?

As of now, that is it.

So will the passwords only appear in the dump once we have hacked one of the accounts?

Lol. I'mma keep searching around on the internet for the file dump in screenshot form. Nice try, though. Brownie points for that since idk what brains are or how they work.

EDIT: Ok. I learned how to do it. I gave you brains. No homo.

I gave your mom brains.

Please don't be so crude, and please respect other members.

EDIT: Ok. I learned how to do it. I gave you brains. No hom

o.

I gave your mom brains.

Please don't be so crude, and please respect other members.

Sorry, my brother got on my phone when I was eating breakfast.

EDIT: Could someone try 51 or Area 51 for all of the Der Riese users? This two numbers were the only ones I found once in the text and they were randomly placed. Thanks.

EDIT 2: I found out that after 620. in the file, there is no name. This is weird since someone else pointed out that the number refers to the name. So could one the usernames be "blank" without any characters? (and by characters I mean letters or numbers or signs). Let's investigate this.

Dude, don't be a jerk. I've been helpful to this topic.

But, if it was your brother. Then, alright.

About the numbers, I don't think that they mean anything. They go in an ascending fashion. But, you guys could be right.

Also, I have a lot of strings that need to be decoded. I wil decode hem later. And, they are not the encoded haikus, as there was no subject or to and from stuff. And there's also a string that was hidden in the gibberish of the files. I'll get to decoding that later.

No worries. It's not too hard to encode it. But, if we can't remember, how woukd Peter remember? Also, it's a CIA standard cypher, which Peter may or may not have had access, too. But, it's still worth trying.

EDIT: Barnacles. All the stuff I decoded was stuff that we already knew.

I think the best way to go about this (at least until we find some clues about passwords) is to try and get into the accounts of the more minor characters. Characters like Peter and Sophia. We don't know much about them so there's a lot less stuff Treyarch could use as their passwords. Eventually, someone will find a clue and get into the server but until then we just have to keep guessing.

I think the best way to go about this (at least until we find some clues about passwords) is to try and get into the accounts of the more minor characters. Characters like Peter and Sophia. We don't know much about them so there's a lot less stuff Treyarch could use as their passwords. Eventually, someone will find a clue and get into the server but until then we just have to keep guessing.

That was my first thought, but after trying numerous passwords, I had a thought; Treyarch could reveal something new about these characters through their passwords, which we will find after hacking the server, so maybe that's why we aren't making progress.

That was my first thought, but after trying numerous passwords, I had a thought; Treyarch could reveal something new about these characters through their passwords, which we will find after hacking the server, so maybe that's why we aren't making progress.

So what your saying is, that Sophia's password, for example, could be something we don't know about currently? Like the name of her dad, or something?

Yeah, that's probably what they've done with Sophia, seeing as I've tried all the possible passwords relevant to her character to no avail and she has little information regarding her character other than that she is Maxis' secretary and she seems to be "unnecessarily attached" to Maxis.

With Peter however, I don't think this is the case. We've been told enough about him to at least have a good chance of knowing his password, somehow. Maybe we should go through the classic SNN radio transmission to Peter and see if we can pick anything out.

Guys, Treyarch probably didn't put the passwords in the game yet. They might come up with a update later to put the passwords in, probably after First Strike is released. Stop trying the passwords until the map pack comes out!

Hmm, if they do add passwords with a DLC, then maybe they'll add DoD usernames as well?

If you make a password using words you usually make it in you own language. Dr Maxis is German so are we looking for german words maybe Strahlenpistole?

Guys the passwords aren't in the game yet, we have to wait for the DLC and then check again. Or there might be an update which will add the passwords. Please either look for clues or facts about the characters and don't waster your time on passwords.

Looking through the file now, will post random stuff that stands out:

- "terminal_resources/users.csv " Anyway we could access this file?

- "629 tmasaki 60 A56B90FC 69 6A5AFCA3" The "629" refers to the user, but what does the "60" and "69" refer to? Are they just file references?

As of now, that is it.

So will the passwords only appear in the dump once we have hacked one of the accounts?

Can anyone run the "60 A56B90FC 69 6A5AFCA3" through some ciphers to see if we get anything? I'm wondering if the nonsense following the usernames could be the passwords encrypted.