The Dreamland Theory

Epoa

I disagree. especially with people saying 5 is the same because you dont test something like that on the president. When Rhictofen says it's a mere side effect Russian on the der riese trailer because the teleporter causes dizziness etc. also the story seems loosely based on die glocke because of the fly trap and the the note in SNN with die glocke written on it and i don't think they would have a story within a story. Also the talk of the projectionists making changes to break through to their subconscious makes me think that maybe the nazis had resorted to subliminal messaging to get the zombies under control seeing as they were having issues getting them to follow commands this makes a lot of sense if you read it thinking this. This would also explain why group 935 needed a cinema (they could show the film to many zombies at a time). However for the bit about Dempsy etc having side effects but loosing memories I'm not too sure however i have a few theories.

1) Rhictofen is injecting them with the zombie infectant because they seem strong willed and they are the first ever subjects not to turn.

2) Rhictofen is subjecting them to the subliminal messages to see if he can get them to work for the nazis. this kinda makes sense because he calls them his "Unconventional allies" and the memories being lost could be why they seem to like the wrong people i.e. American liking Japanese Russian liking German.

3) He could be exposing them to 115

i think that seems reasonable.

Err, no?

There isn't a story within a story, but rather the implanted pasts of the people in the story. As for the rest of your post... that was confusing. Do you think you could organize your thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. especially with people saying 5 is the same because you dont test something like that on the president. When Rhictofen says it's a mere side effect Russian on the der riese trailer because the teleporter causes dizziness etc. also the story seems loosely based on die glocke because of the fly trap and the the note in SNN with die glocke written on it and i don't think they would have a story within a story. Also the talk of the projectionists making changes to break through to their subconscious makes me think that maybe the nazis had resorted to subliminal messaging to get the zombies under control seeing as they were having issues getting them to follow commands this makes a lot of sense if you read it thinking this. This would also explain why group 935 needed a cinema (they could show the film to many zombies at a time). However for the bit about Dempsy etc having side effects but loosing memories I'm not too sure however i have a few theories.

1) Rhictofen is injecting them with the zombie infectant because they seem strong willed and they are the first ever subjects not to turn.

2) Rhictofen is subjecting them to the subliminal messages to see if he can get them to work for the nazis. this kinda makes sense because he calls them his "Unconventional allies" and the memories being lost could be why they seem to like the wrong people i.e. American liking Japanese Russian liking German.

3) He could be exposing them to 115

i think that seems reasonable.

Err, no?

There isn't a story within a story, but rather the implanted pasts of the people in the story. As for the rest of your post... that was confusing. Do you think you could organize your thoughts?

ok then

The part about a story being in a story what i meant was they seem to be making the Die Glocke mystery a big part of the storyline and for them to make this theory the real storyline that would seem to be a story in a story.

When the recording says that they are nearly breaking through to the subconscious but the projectionist will have to make a few changes makes me think that group 935 were using the cinema by placing zombies in it and playing brainwashing propaganda/subliminal messages on the screen to try and gain control of the zombies. This makes sense because the recordings in der riese showed that the group was struggling to get the zombies to follow commands.

As for the reason that post on the dreamland server mentions that Dempsey, Nikoli and Takeo have memory loss and are under obs by Rhictofen i don't really know but i think that one of the above theories is a possibility.

Is that better?

:oops:Also Rhictofen calls them his unconventional allies which may mean he is doing something to them to control them. and the loss of memories may be why the characters that should hate each other (Russian likes nazi) in fact are friends.

• 1 month later...

so you guys are telling me that all of this is a dream? im confused how is mason the doctor or w.e ? so your saying from the very start this was a dream state? how do u people know this? yes from the video but how can u be so sure abt the dreams? man this is just like inception and stay alive together.

so is richtofen actually with them fighting off the zombies? damn wtf! i thought all of this was forreal! now its just a dream!? so the events in NDU and Verruckt was real, but after that its not, shi no numa, der riese, kino and five!? wtf!? whoa treyarch is really bringing this to another level. before wen i first thought all of this was real, i looked for the clues about the story, i saw die glock , illimanti , and other stuff,

- oh btw and they didnt really die, dempsey survived. if u look closely after the zombie hit him and the bettys exploded, he ran off the platform, u have to look very closely though he survived. and nikolai probably did too , cuz dempsey might have ran back to get him, and takeo and richtofen threw a monkey,-

anyways, so i didnt get the story still throughly. now i know.. this is all a fucking test dream. SHIT! i thought it was real man wtf? all of this was a dream, they are just test subjects. no wonder zombies always win, you cant just have 1000 zombies after u all the time. but eh. i still not really getting this. if you guys know more please tell me =O this is getting really interesting. but fucked up since its only a dream -.-

btw if u want to play on zombies my gamertag is xTh3F4ll3n0n3xx the 0 is a zero. just to make sure, have to atleast make it past round 20. i play on xbox live, i made it to round 30 on both kino and five

This theory is well sound.

Too bad it's a massive cliche !!!

I hate endings where they wake up and it's all a dream!! :x

Just to support the reality of the zombies... what about the links

to the campaign, such as on the level "Numbers", where there's a whole bunch of explicit references in there !!!!

Is the campaign a dream too?

ARGHHH RAGE :lol:

welll to think about it, in the beginning your in the chair. and wen u go to zombie mode. the whole screen gets red cuz of the numbers and the interrogator gets replaced for a zombie and the tvs change, so MAYBE your one of the 3 that are test subjects. not really cuz thats still mason but just saying it can be similar. making it the reason why u dont change screens like u do in multiplayer

This theory is well sound.

Too bad it's a massive cliche !!!

I hate endings where they wake up and it's all a dream!! :x

Just to support the reality of the zombies... what about the links

to the campaign, such as on the level "Numbers", where there's a whole bunch of explicit references in there !!!!

Is the campaign a dream too?

ARGHHH RAGE :lol:

but manson is in a dream...

remember, there was no body...

also, then how would this explain "FIVE"?

technically he is not in a dream. hes having memories of his past of wut happened. so he isnt dreaming

]

Five is either different people undergoing a different test in Dreamland, or the same four in a different expirement, with different memories.

Alternatively, the fifth picture could be one of the four here, and Richtofen could be playing in this test as the thief.

i would say that this treatment is going under these people, (jfk, mcnamara, nixion and castro) but by the american goverment, as they have fallen into this, and the thief is a character that is most likly and virus, if this experiment was being controlled by computers...

I didn't quite understand that. I doubt it is those people that are undergoing treatments, but rather different people given false memories. It's doubted this is entirely controlled by machines.

yes u are right. considering they were able to erase their minds or something they can be able to give them, like u said, false memories. they can be AS the people u see in five. but i find it weird how they are acting. hyper, killer machine dempsey as calm talks too much jfk? drunk weird nikolai as genius mcnamara, the most quiet honor Takeo as the annoying hippie hater Nixon, and the crazy doctor richtofen as the capatilist, revolution killer Castro? eh possible. since they can change who they are.

i still got a question uh if richtofen isnt being tested. then how is he in the dream with them? O_o maybe they saw a image of him during the test or heard him, like how they heard the dog barking in the background which was a test, so in the dream they dreamt of hell hounds, so is richtofen really in the dream with them? yes right? cuz hes just there to help maxis

3arc only started to make a story ar snn and dr, but have tried to bend verruckt and ndu to the storey...

False: Verruckt does contain ties to the storyline. The writing on the walls? Including the date of the Tunguska Meteor event? There is some relevance there, just not enough for us to have noticed that Treyarch were making a secret storyline. Maybe, just maybe, if we had caught on straight away then we would not have fallen behind and would be more 'on top' of the storyline.

And, believe it or not, I believe that there is more to NDU than meets the eye. One time I will have to completely write out my WHOLE theory on EVERYTHING I've gathered from the basic info in the games e.g. radios, the terminal and character quotes, not all this scientific stuff that everyone posts that is very fascinating but doesn't develop the storyline in any way whatsoever.

You guys wait, one day I'll do it.

My hole in the theory is Rictophen. He has always been the most aware of the group in terms of 935 and WunderWaffe while never says "Oh zhe doc has put us under" or "the pain is not real". Rictophen wants to figure out what is going on "where did that little girl dissappear to". I doubt that Rictophen is Maxix's eye in what is essentially the movie inception exept instead of planting an idea in someones mind Maxis wants to see if it is even possible to manipulate the mind. I DO however agree with you that some sort of test was conducted on tank, nikolai, and takeo. They were all chosen for a reason, they are all impervious to the effects of 115. Rictophen is essentially being slowly zombiefied while the other three are in the shape - the fact that they have been fighting zombies.

Another thing to go with this, on Kino, when you teleport to Sams bedroom, there are little models of all the characters, and a teddy looking down on them. (The teddy being Maxis).

Also Ive heard that "Eddy is a liar" is written somewhere. This could be Richthofen lying about it all being real.

- Jacob.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, what about that one thing in the Terminal "The Test subjects are showing a remarkable resilliance to 115 or something? Is 115 part of the testing, or what? Also, those weapon files and the ray gun in Little Resistance from WaW make this a little less believeable, but excepting the Little Resistance as the Ray Gun was put there for fun, this is one of the best theory's ive seen yet! :D

lol, srry but this whole thing is completely "a maybe", of course that is the defenition of a THEORY. but still, i saw the Shi No Numa telephone quote "I know you are sleeping" is false, it's actually "I know WHEN you are sleeping" you guys want to believe this so much you are MAKING yourself believe, which is a shame. good theory, but the NATURE of the theory is it's own problem, If you say the whole Zombie story exists but solely in the minds of the test subjects, then why would Maxis and Richtofen put anything in there that would tell them their lives as they knew it were false, wouldn't that screw up a test? and i know the maps don't go in order and if you say Der Reise is the final resting place for Dempsey and Nikolai, at least in Dream land, why bother keeping the memories for Takeo and Nickolai, seems pointles, same basic nature of this theory, that everything is pointless.

This is one of those theories that you don't want to be true....

However, they make so much sense.....

I just have a question, how does 115 fall into all of this?

To me it seems like this necessarily isn't them being introduced to Sarin, but possibly 115. It creates zombies out of other people, but puts these three in a suspended state of semi-conciseness. They imagine these things happening because of what is being told around them. Dr. Maxis and Richtofen are conversing about these things. (They say zombies are at a Russian launch facility, so their minds switch to Ascension) and the radios are just things they have heard, being transmitted through the radios.

This could also explain Richtofen's split personality disorder. Between him helping the three along through the hallucination and talking to Maxis, you see both sides. However, his small dose to 115 (compared to their doses) is making him become more and more un-raveled and saying things about them being introduced to 115, or making him be more induced into their hallucination.

This also explains him saying he was the creator of the WunderWaffe. (Him introducing it into the hallucination....

I still don't want it to be true, it's like 3arch giving us the middle finger for the past 3 years....I could imagine the last map being you waking up from the hallucination and fighting off the horde that has introduced its self into the facility you are at....

Still, though..... :/

This is one of those theories that you don't want to be true....

However, they make so much sense.....

I just have a question, how does 115 fall into all of this?

To me it seems like this necessarily isn't them being introduced to Sarin, but possibly 115. It creates zombies out of other people, but puts these three in a suspended state of semi-conciseness. They imagine these things happening because of what is being told around them. Dr. Maxis and Richtofen are conversing about these things. (They say zombies are at a Russian launch facility, so their minds switch to Ascension) and the radios are just things they have heard, being transmitted through the radios.

This could also explain Richtofen's split personality disorder. Between him helping the three along through the hallucination and talking to Maxis, you see both sides. However, his small dose to 115 (compared to their doses) is making him become more and more un-raveled and saying things about them being introduced to 115, or making him be more induced into their hallucination.

This also explains him saying he was the creator of the WunderWaffe. (Him introducing it into the hallucination....

I still don't want it to be true, it's like 3arch giving us the middle finger for the past 3 years....I could imagine the last map being you waking up from the hallucination and fighting off the horde that has introduced its self into the facility you are at....

Still, though..... :/

Amen to that

Gahh it fits just tooo perfectly but i don't think there's any way that 3arch would do that and then it was all a hallucination dream to which you wake up to...

i don't have much to contribute

but kino and stuff is set 20 years or so after der riese and i'm wondering about the time lapse ?

because even if they were drugged that would have lasted for 20 years for things to keep them induced with buildings (the tower that can be veiwed from the alley in kino is from berlin and is also featured in the map berlin wal) that were built 20 years after they were put under and did they just go into a long term coma? and where?

sorry i'm hoping this isn't true and trying to pick hoels but it just doesn't seem right to me

but [brains] for the theory

it doesn't fit perfectly, if Maxis made Dempsey and Nikolai die in Der Reise then why would he keep the memory of them in Takeo's mind, wouldn't it be better if they never existed, and why would Maxis and Richtofen leave clues for them which would let them discovered what's going on, why would they leave facts that counter the dreamland theory, i jsut find element 115 unecessary also, if it IS sarin why have 115, and wouldn't richtofen also believe that he was in dreamland, just doesn't make sense.

What i found in the story in the start maps is this...

in the start a plane crashes delivering something and 4 people get out but one cant move [thats what you see in waw mini video he dies by the zombies]

and they manage to escape ndu

in the second map they get sent there to help with the testing cos they know about the zombies but when they get there no ones there and someone turns the power off while they in the 2 parts.

they fight off the zombies but die at one point

I'm guessing that you guys know the story of snn and dr but if you don't you know the start info.

Five is either different people undergoing a different test in Dreamland, or the same four in a different expirement, with different memories.

Alternatively, the fifth picture could be one of the four here, and Richtofen could be playing in this test as the thief.

i would say that this treatment is going under these people, (jfk, mcnamara, nixion and castro) but by the american goverment, as they have fallen into this, and the thief is a character that is most likly and virus, if this experiment was being controlled by computers...

Guys. Lets not forget that there is also an empty portrait in PaP room in 5 too!

Here's the facevalue shorthand storyline evidenced by radios and levels ONLY

Maxis, with Richtofen's assistance, begins researching 115 zombies and thier potential to be a weremacht untoten. Their facility at Der Riese is also experimenting in teleporter technology, ie Die Glocke. Maxis uses his daughter's dog fluffy in the teleporter after unsuccessful attempts at zombie teleportation (think terminator, nothing dead can go) and something goes wrong, creating the hell hounds. the hellhound fluffy attacks sam, and (i forgot how this went exactly) but richtofen locks sam and maxis in the teleporter, making them disappear. Zombies overrun the facility and Richtofen retreats to Verruckt facility to continue experimentation.

the second outbreak is at Nacht Der Untoten. An american bomber team goes down after a power failure and holds up in an abandoned base in the german countryside that was attacked by zombies. they hold out, but eventually succumb to the onslaught.

Verruckt becomes a mass infection site due to negligence of some sort and personel are evac'd while an american team comes to clear out the zombies to evac an inside man, Peter. Two americans(one is dempsey) and two germans are left. nikolai being a test subject of interest being held at verruckt, richtofen escapes with nikolai to a japanese base to further research. Dempsey is the only survivor of Verruckt's evac team and is sent to Shi No Numa to follow Richtofen.

At Shi no Numa, headed by Takeo, a 115 meteor crashes in the swamp, possibly attracted to a 115 presence there and turns several dead into zombies. there we meet our four survivors. once they escape the swamp, richtofen takes them back to where it all began to try to find a way to stem the invasion. This is why Der Riese is in shambles at this point.

When at Der Riese, they try to teleport with the DG-2 and the disruption causes them to rift into the future where a wartorn Kino is waiting. apparently, a doctor is continuing the experiments on the zombies with cinema. The crew eventually breaks free from the theater and somehow makes thier way to Kazahkstan where the cosmodrome is waiting for them. this is the site of another 115 outbreak where they seek further answers, or possibly are trying to find something or someone to help them (gersch).

ahh, i really like this theory. but it really reminds me of inception, alot. back on track, like the OP, i think that Nikolai, Dempsey, and Takeo are getting tested on. but i don't think maxis is the one testing. maybe it's all richtofen that did everything and maxis was the assistant.