The Dreamland Theory

Epoa

This is a theory brought together by the Gamefaqs community.

I have seen further by standing on the shoulders of giants. I didn't not find all the information that lead to this, but I put together as much as I could from other findings.

"WARNING: WALL OF TEXT ALERT!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Takeo, Nikolai, and Dempsey are all a a lab, in chairs similar to the dentist's chair. They are tests of a nerve agent, similar to Sarin. That pupil you see is actually one of theirs during the test of the nerve agent. The doctor seen walking back and forth is Maxis, however not as you think. The characters are in a comma and their memories prior to this have been erased and replaced. Maxis is performing a procedure that JD used in which he taps into their brainwaves to invoke a hallucination. He makes them hallucinate the zombies, the weapons, everything except for each other. Sam could be two things. She is either the main test itself, or each character's mind, fighting the nerve agent (her two sides indicate both sides of the fight).

Maxis is the one giving the tests. He is not dead, nor a ghost. He is in reality 'feeding' the characters transmissions. His tests are nerve agent tests. Either on the characters or not. Test 6, on the dog, was in fact, the sixth test in which he decided to perform on a dog. The dog acted negatively to the effects, and was put down. However, the dog's barking 'broke' per se, into the minds of the characters, creating the Hellhounds. My total guess here is that Maxis is trying to make a nerve agent that gives him control over people. Test 26 was when he finally had control, but then the subject went into a spasm due to constriction of air flow (one affect of the nerve agent Sarin) and promptly died.

Richtofen is still in darkness here. He could be many things. He could be a test subject (least likely). He could have the same treatment induced on him to control the subjects while they are in dreamland (naturally, without the memory loss). He could still be in the lab and could be the one actually feeding the dreamwaves to the characters, while Maxis observes.

The missing character is either Maxis, as he is the only one giving the tests, save possible Richtofen. It could be YOU and YOU are one of the ones giving the tests. Who knows?

Dempsey is the toughest of them all. Tough will, tough everything. That is how he is calling the player out. He is actually breaking through the nerve agent. Samantha's good side is winning, you could say.

Characters and significance.

Maxis: In charge of the tests. Giving them to each character.

Richtofen: Maxis' asisstant. Either in dreamland or inducing the dreamland.

Dempsey: American test subject. Breaking free from nerve agent being tested.

Takeo: Japanese test subject.

Nikolai: Russian test subject.

Sam: Fight of mind against Nerve Agent.

Time for the big proof. Y'all ready for this? The 3 film reels.

"The test subjects have been undergoing treatment for five days with a little progress. I have been assured that given time, the programming will make (Static is heard)."

"In the past weeks, we have made great strides in breaking through to their subconscious. I have had the projectionists make edits to a few. These changes have been very effective."

"Subject two-six has had a breakthrough, he is responding to the treatments and following basic instructions, private outbursts have been greatly reduced, and given time we feel this treatment will be 100 percent effective in most cases."

Oh yeh. You probably can all guess it by now. Maxis was treating the four with the nerve agent and tapping into their subconsciousness. He succeeded and made minor edits to see if it worked. These edits were the appearance changes to each of the characters. Mustache and wrinkles on Takeo, Dempsey's beard, dirt, and blood, and various other changes on the others.

Hey, who remembers Der Riese's trailer? Remember who died? That was another alteration that was made to the character's minds. The two that died were actually pulled out of dreamland for further testing with the nerve agent and mind control. They were put back into the program and rewritten into the memory of the others."

SOURCES

“Experiments ongoing.

“Observed a new effect

“As a result of experiments.

“Dr. Edward Richtofen as witness

“Outlines as follows:

“Tank Dempsey

“Nikolai Belinski

“Takeo Masaki

“Subjects display unique

“Side effects

“Compared to previous

“Subjects.

“Baseline psyche remains

“Intact,

“But all specific memories

“Have been lost.

“Dr. Richtofen will continue

“Observations."

Posted by mariofan619

This brought me to conclude that it was all just a test. The Film reels show what has happened in the real life (the pupil and doctor pacing).

"We have both listed Triorum and Sarin. Be wary of the Doctor. His involvement should be minimized if you want to make it out alive. We are unsure of how he achieved this time and place. Do what you must..."

Posted by mariofan619

No clue what Triorum is, but I know that Sarin is a nerve agent.

"1st) Find all three film reels and load them into the projector. A film loop plays with an eyeball/pupil. Get really close and you'll notice stuff like '115' and '935' You'll also see the letters 'JD'

2nd) Look at the chalkboard in the projection room. In the bottom left of the board is the name 'Delgado'

So, like I said it's open to interpretation, but it seems to me like there's a J. Delgado that just might be our mystery portrait."

Posted by ZaacNasty

Jose Delgado was a scientist that used radios and electric signals to tap into people's brainwaves.

Posts and lead-ups here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960189-c ... s/57247206

Page 11 and 12 are the location of this theory.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always thought when the guy in radio was talking about programming he was referring to a zombie because in the der reise radios you heard maxis trying to give commands to a zombie so maybe they are trying to find a way to control the zombies.

That's what you are wanted to think. Those radios could eaily be stuff the characters heard subconsciously in RL about tests that Maxis was giving.

This theory is well sound.

Too bad it's a massive cliche !!!

I hate endings where they wake up and it's all a dream!! :x

Just to support the reality of the zombies... what about the links

to the campaign, such as on the level "Numbers", where there's a whole bunch of explicit references in there !!!!

Is the campaign a dream too?

ARGHHH RAGE :lol:

to the campaign, such as on the level "Numbers", where there's a whole bunch of explicit references in there !!!!

I know. Right before I posted that I declared that many won't like it. I also hate those endings, but I'm sure 3arc has a way to end it (maybe bringing dream into reality using similar teleporters).

Wait, what? I haven't finished the campaign. Can you please spoil this part you speak of for me?

but manson is in a dream...

remember, there was no body...

also, then how would this explain "FIVE"?

Five is either different people undergoing a different test in Dreamland, or the same four in a different expirement, with different memories.

Alternatively, the fifth picture could be one of the four here, and Richtofen could be playing in this test as the thief.

Five is either different people undergoing a different test in Dreamland, or the same four in a different expirement, with different memories.

Alternatively, the fifth picture could be one of the four here, and Richtofen could be playing in this test as the thief.

i would say that this treatment is going under these people, (jfk, mcnamara, nixion and castro) but by the american goverment, as they have fallen into this, and the thief is a character that is most likly and virus, if this experiment was being controlled by computers...

i would say that this treatment is going under these people, (jfk, mcnamara, nixion and castro) but by the american goverment, as they have fallen into this, and the thief is a character that is most likly and virus, if this experiment was being controlled by computers...

I didn't quite understand that. I doubt it is those people that are undergoing treatments, but rather different people given false memories. It's doubted this is entirely controlled by machines.

Nice theory dude. :)

Has anyone mentioned "Lullaby for a Dead" man from one of the previous Zombie maps?

It includes lyrics such as "I know when your sleeping"

"I know the things your dreaming".

So they had it planned from the start... assuming this is the correct theory.

I'm still looking for something to downside this theory so I can prove it wrong. My brain is wracking for a challenge that I can't find.

3arc only started to make a story ar snn and dr, but have tried to bend verruckt and ndu to the storey...

I'm fairly sure NDU is not part of the storyline. There's too little in it to qualify as such and can't really be twisted in... unless of course it was a small test to see if the project was working, but that's doubted.

3arc only started to make a story ar snn and dr, but have tried to bend verruckt and ndu to the storey...

I'm fairly sure NDU is not part of the storyline. There's too little in it to qualify as such and can't really be twisted in... unless of course it was a small test to see if the project was working, but that's doubted.

or the plane crash contained 115, which well you know, creates the dead to rise...

or the plane crash contained 115, which well you know, creates the dead to rise...

OR the original 4 NDU players were actually apart of the group going to verruckt with dempsey to find peter, they died. Dempsey is found alone with an unseemlingly unrelated Nikolai, while Takeo and Richtofen are investigating for their respective government (Takeo) and personal reasons (Richtofen) and meet up all together. This is just one possible theory.

Has it's holes , just speculation

Lets compare this to the traditional story...

(Careful, wall of text approaching)

Eight marines were sent to Verruckt to pick up Peter in two planes. One plane crashed and landed at a nearby airstrip which was conveniently also full of zombies. This is NDU. The other four, including Tank Dempesey, made it to Verruckt but were overwhelmed, as they did not expect zombies to be there, just 935 scientists. All marines but one died, that one is Dempsey and I believe he was captured by and escaping 935 scientist.

Once captured he was paired up with other subjects (Nikolai and Takeo) and Richtofen was told to look after them: (Thread:http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3568)

“Experiments ongoing.

“Observed a new effect

“As a result of experiments.

“Dr. Edward Richtofen as witness

“Outlines as follows:

“Tank Dempsey

“Nikolai Belinski

“Takeo Masaki

“Subjects display unique

“Side effects

“Compared to previous

“Subjects.

“Baseline psyche remains

“Intact,

“But all specific memories

“Have been lost.

“Dr. Richtofen will continue

“Observations.

Now, Richthofen kills Maxis and Sam, and who knows how they get to Shi No Numa.

So the traditional story line has more holes than this new one you're offering.

I disagree. especially with people saying 5 is the same because you dont test something like that on the president. When Rhictofen says it's a mere side effect Russian on the der riese trailer because the teleporter causes dizziness etc. also the story seems loosely based on die glocke because of the fly trap and the the note in SNN with die glocke written on it and i don't think they would have a story within a story. Also the talk of the projectionists making changes to break through to their subconscious makes me think that maybe the nazis had resorted to subliminal messaging to get the zombies under control seeing as they were having issues getting them to follow commands this makes a lot of sense if you read it thinking this. This would also explain why group 935 needed a cinema (they could show the film to many zombies at a time). However for the bit about Dempsy etc having side effects but loosing memories I'm not too sure however i have a few theories.

1) Rhictofen is injecting them with the zombie infectant because they seem strong willed and they are the first ever subjects not to turn.

2) Rhictofen is subjecting them to the subliminal messages to see if he can get them to work for the nazis. this kinda makes sense because he calls them his "Unconventional allies" and the memories being lost could be why they seem to like the wrong people i.e. American liking Japanese Russian liking German.

3) He could be exposing them to 115

i think that seems reasonable.