Black Ops new Dogfight game mode!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As cool as new gamemodes would be, I would prefer that Treyarch used their resources to continue developing the zombie mode, and patching multiplayer. COD has a great style of gameplay, and i would like to see new gamemodes that don't deviate from the tried and true methods. Zombie is still a shooter, hence it works so well. An addition i'd like to see is the gamemode War from WAW. That was an awesome gametype and I think it would be fun to see it back.

okay i dont mean to piss on anyones fire here...but i think if they included helicopters in multiplayer originally so there was people aswell as helicopters in the sky the game within itsself would be raised a standard compared to any other cod game available...

but having it as an extra multiplayer mode would be pretty awsome but at the same time it would get very boring after a month or so of playing :/ once again sorry dude its just my thinking allthough i do think the majority of cod players would find this a peice of art i would deffinatly play it but i dont think it would entertain me for very long

Holy crap Commander034, dude there's a reason you no longer have brains: You only give negative criticism, no positive. And dont give me the bullshit that you only go negative on what you think is bad, either you are negative on everything or you just think everything is bad. Lets see YOU make an FPS just as great as Call Of Duty. After that, you can B@#$% at us to your f****n hearts desire. A little optimism and helpful criticism will go a long way, not the blunt sh!t that you give. This is a really great idea and i think we can build on it. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe the L2 and R2 triggers are unused when you fly on the PS3 (sorry 360 users, I'm not familiar with your controls for the Hinds)...if they could integrate those to increase and decrease altitude, we have a good, bona fide new gametype...and quoting GKtruthseeker

As for seeing the other helicopters, I say that they should have a little radar in the helicopter, like in the control panel, and it would blib and little red dots would show where your enemy is, picture the radar looking like a sonar thing in a submarine!

A 3 kill streak could result in UAV for 30 seconds in your cockpit, a 5 kill streak could result in a placeable SAM Turrent around the map, and a 7 Killstreak could grant you 6 lock on missles that replace your normal loadout. Another possible killstreak would be similar to Ghost, where you can't be seen on the enemies radar and can't be locked on by the homing missiles. Another one would be an unlockable Chopper Gunner to defend your sides (an AI bot, not you). This bot would also be killable, so if hes shot, then you no longer have a defender on your sides)

Holy crap Commander034, dude there's a reason you no longer have brains: You only give negative criticism, no positive. And dont give me the bullshit that you only go negative on what you think is bad, either you are negative on everything or you just think everything is bad. Lets see YOU make an FPS just as great as Call Of Duty. After that, you can B@#$% at us to your f****n hearts desire. A little optimism and helpful criticism will go a long way, not the blunt sh!t that you give. This is a really great idea and i think we can build on it. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe the L2 and R2 triggers are unused when you fly on the PS3 (sorry 360 users, I'm not familiar with your controls for the Hinds)...if they could integrate those to increase and decrease altitude, we have a good, bona fide new gametype...and quoting GKtruthseeker

How am I supposed to say anything positive, when nothing can help it in my eyes. By just stating flaws I'm being greatly helpful. All criticism is helpful. Why do you people get so angry over a little discussion?

How am I supposed to say anything positive, when nothing can help it in my eyes. By just stating flaws I'm being greatly helpful. All criticism is helpful. Why do you people get so angry over a little discussion?

Well instead of bluntly saying "It sounds far too easy and simple. The idea sounds boring." and just completely dismissing the idea out of hand, why don't you do what i did and actually contribute to the idea by brainstorming ideas to try to help raise it to your level of what you think is "good"

Alright everyone thanks for the feedback and thanks to Jonnyo for forwarding this to Treyarch!!

Please discuss more!

And to commander, Yes it is true you can not control the altitude but would you really need to? That would be up to Treyarch though cause Im not sure if they could add that control in there although it is possible. And this would be nothing like regular multiplayer. You are in the air flying around shooting missiles and firing a giant machine gun from the cockpit of a helicopter while dodging other missiles and SAM turrets from the ground.

There would be no killstreaks or perks. (unless you guys could come up with some god ones?)

and also killstreaks could be SAM turrets. you get so many kills and you get a SAM turret on the ground to shoot down your opponents... instead of perks and buying guns and attachmets you could upgrade your heli. like using cod poits to buy and upgrade armor, bullet, ammo, cool down time, etc. just some ideas there.

Well instead of bluntly saying "It sounds far too easy and simple. The idea sounds boring." and just completely dismissing the idea out of hand, why don't you do what i did and actually contribute to the idea by brainstorming ideas to try to help raise it to your level of what you think is "good"

I don't feel anything can help it. It doesn't sound like a good game mode at all. Just by a flight sim if you really want to play a game like this.

I think it's an interesting concept and good ideas to freshen up the game should always be welcomed but I think there are a lot of problems with how you would actually put it in place.

The main one I can think of is control, i.e. gunships currently are on autopilot which means you have no control over where they go. In a game mode like this you all you are essentially doing is competing to be the best at aiming your chain gun which doesn't sound like it would be much fun. If we could come up with a way of controlling the helicopter and shooting the gun, that might work

I think he's talking about using the GUNSHIP, not the Chopper Gunner. Like in the last mission ****SPOILERS********* When you are attacking the boat and you have to shoot down the choppers, he's talking about using THAT CONTROLLABLE chopper. But I may just be misreading your post buddy :)

It sounds far too easy and simple. The idea sounds boring.

Really man? You're such a downer. No, oh good idea, but I don't think I'd like it; or It's cool, but not for me. Just simply too easy and simple and boring. Really? I'd like to see you play a match of this and come in first if it's too easy and simple for you. Really man, stop being so negative.

Hes not being negative hes being a troll. Ever since COD Black ops came out all he does is bit*h and complain about what HE hates about the game. Commander if you hate Black ops so much why don't you just do us a favor and GTFO?

I think it's an interesting concept and good ideas to freshen up the game should always be welcomed but I think there are a lot of problems with how you would actually put it in place.

The main one I can think of is control, i.e. gunships currently are on autopilot which means you have no control over where they go. In a game mode like this you all you are essentially doing is competing to be the best at aiming your chain gun which doesn't sound like it would be much fun. If we could come up with a way of controlling the helicopter and shooting the gun, that might work

I think he's talking about using the GUNSHIP, not the Chopper Gunner. Like in the last mission ****SPOILERS********* When you are attacking the boat and you have to shoot down the choppers, he's talking about using THAT CONTROLLABLE chopper. But I may just be misreading your post buddy :)

It sounds far too easy and simple. The idea sounds boring.

Really man? You're such a downer. No, oh good idea, but I don't think I'd like it; or It's cool, but not for me. Just simply too easy and simple and boring. Really? I'd like to see you play a match of this and come in first if it's too easy and simple for you. Really man, stop being so negative.

Hes not being negative hes being a troll. Ever since COD Black ops came out all he does is bit*h an complain about how what HE hates about the game. Commander if you hate Black ops so much why don't you just do us a favor and GTFO?

I completely agree.

Hes not being negative hes being a troll. Ever since COD Black ops came out all he does is bit*h an complain about how what HE hates about the game. Commander if you hate Black ops so much why don't you just do us a favor and GTFO?

You truly are a welcoming member of the forums. If you've ever looked at my posts then you would see I enjoy the game, just not as much as others, I tried to help understand the zombie storyline and the GKnova6 ARG. People like you, who for some unknown reason cannot understand criticism, that destroy discussion and ruin forums. If some one has a different belief than you, you do not flame them and down rate them for staunchly believing in it.

You truly are a welcoming member of the forums. If you've ever looked at my posts then you would see I enjoy the game, just not as much as others, I tried to help understand the zombie storyline and the GKnova6 ARG. People like you, who for some unknown reason cannot understand criticism, that destroy discussion and ruin forums. If some one has a different belief than you, you do not flame them and down rate them for staunchly believing in it.

Commander, mentioning one of your former posts, that he asked for critisizm, he didn't, he asked for discussion, and saying it is a bad idea and would be too easy doesn't exactly give anything to support your claims nor to help fix them. In my opinion (which may be a phrase you should employ more often) you are a troll. And 'truly welcoming member'? I serously hope you didn't even believe that comment when you made it. With all the negative comments and bad things you've said about Black Ops why should any of us even give you the light of day and attention you desire, let alone a welcome attitude towards you?

Now that that is over... I think this would be a very good game mode. If nothing else an option in private matches like RC-XD racing. It is true that Black Op's flight engine is lacking, significantly. But, helicopters on a rail-altitude system might work even in this game mode. In the gun ship you can aim up and down, and it would be simple enough to let you change your pitch up and down with this control. Same for the side to side action. Other then that, I see no significant effects to gameplay, other then the requirement of accomadating maps and such. SAM turrets would be a nice way to keep the pace of the match up, as well.

~ Good Luck and hopefully Treyarch will make this happen!

- cjdog23 -

I mysef am not a fan of flight simulators but, I am willing to ggive it a shot, if nazi zombies went of on a limb, i wouldn't see why this doesn't deserve a fair judgement. [brains] for you my good friend, for having an idea that could workout well. FRICK I HIT SUBMIT twice, technology hates me

Commander, mentioning one of your former posts, that he asked for critisizm, he didn't, he asked for discussion, and saying it is a bad idea and would be too easy doesn't exactly give anything to support your claims nor to help fix them. In my opinion (which may be a phrase you should employ more often) you are a troll. And 'truly welcoming member'? I serously hope you didn't even believe that comment when you made it. With all the negative comments and bad things you've said about Black Ops why should any of us even give you the light of day and attention you desire, let alone a welcome attitude towards you?

He said he wanted to know what we thought of it, that's asking for criticism, and I've been pointing out flaws in the system, which support my claims and help fix them. The phrase "In my opinion" is a waste of typing because everything you say or right has your opinion in it. Also this is a forum, we're supposed to share opinions. You still show me that you think criticism is bad. Why are you trying to protect BO, if there is a flaw you should complain about it to make it better. Treyarch needs to and actually wants to hear people's complaints to make a better game for all of us. I admit I should have made a better first post on the topic, but that still doesn't mean you can constantly attack me.

I think commander is just offering his opinion guys, no matter what the idea is, there will be people for it, and people against it, and when some people are against it, theres no changing their mind. Which is good, its what forms opinion and ideals.

Imagine when they first introduced Nazi Zombies, you guys know there were some hardcore COD fans saying, zombies? in COD? and some of those people still don't like it, quite a few of my friends dont in fact.

I personally think that the dogfight mode is a great idea, along with some of the suggestions that people have offered, but, not for a game like COD.

As i stated before i hope treyarch uses all their resources to continue developing DLC and gamemodes for the current style of gameplay (i.e. Multiplayer, zombie, singleplayer)

But [brains] for the OP for creativity!