Nellis/Landrum (and other books?)

DDSpitfire

Not sure if this has been posted before but havent seen it so here goes.

I was no clipping around the map, looking at all the books n stuff, when one book caght my eye, it said "Nellis Landrum". (Found it in the MANHATTAN DOWN room). I have a SS if needed?

Now I couldnt find anything on both of the words combined, I did however find something about Nellis and Landrum seperate.

Nellis: Apparantly Nellis is where the area "Dreamland" is located, you can acces the dreamland server on the computer on the BO mainscreen. Fishy area 51 stuff going on there.

Landrum: The Cash-Landrum Incident was a reported Unidentified Flying Object sighting from the United States in 1980, which the witnesses insist was responsible for damage to their health. It is one of very few UFO cases to result in criminal court proceedings.

wiki-link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-Landrum_incident

Interesting?

*update*

Book next to it says "curran", so far the only thing of interest i found is a book written by dr. Bob Curran "Encyclopedia of the Undead, a field guide to the creatures that canot rest in peace"

Someone should read this :P

Btw if anyone needs me to noclip somewhere just lemme know.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really weird. Area 51? UFOs?

Maybe the next map could be moving towards Area 51? But then what about those pictures with the British zombies?

A book about the undead? That would make sense. But yeah, very weird...

------------------------------

EDIT: Wait a minute! After reading on the Landrum thing, I found this.

Over the next few days, Cash's symptoms worsened, with many large, painful blisters forming on her skin.

A radiologist who examined the witnesses' medical records for MUFON wrote, "We have strong evidence that these patients have suffered secondary damage to ionizing radiation. It is also possible that there was an infrared or ultraviolet component as well."

Has anyone noticed that on Kino Der Toten, the Zombies have giant blisters on their heads?

• 1 month later...

I found this book as well. If you go to the Pack a Punch room, the desk that has Ludwig Maxis' nameplate on it and knife open the bottom right drawer that book is in there along with a book that is titled DG-2 and DG-3 and the author of the "DG" book is Edward Richtofen. I heard somewhere on the forums that DG-3 is the Thundergun. Somewhere else someone mentioned Richtofen say "So this is what you've been hiding from me Maxis." when you get the Thundergun. So maybe Richtofen had a concept for the Thundergun then Maxis actually made it. Good call on the Nellis Lamdrum thing though, I couldn't find anything on google because I thought that was a person. lol.

• 3 months later...

the 'curran' book refers to a sign outside the nap on firing range it's rumoured to be the next zombie map as there is a mystery box bear, window boards, vodka bottles and boxes that look like the random weapon box hope this helps a bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdyLFv3mzvY this video should help(not mine)

Hey guys it has been discovered that Curran is referring to one of 3arc's head designers. Just a little homage. nothing more lol. The Nellis Landrum book is interesting though...