Something weird I noticed.

B0UNC3R

So the other day I was putting my MW2 disc back into it's case for the last time (well, I'll play it sometime when I'm bored or something, but you know). I put it onto my games shelf and brought out Back Ops, and I noticed something. The title for Modern Warfare 2 looks like this:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

The title for Black Ops looks like this:

Call of Duty Black Ops

I then did some 'research' (google images; go figure), and looked up the CoD 4 case and then it hit me. Infinity Ward aren't proud to have there games within the CoD franchise. The words 'Call of Duty' on most of there games are usually tiny. This is odd since, to my knowledge, Infinity Ward brought about the franchise itself (I may be wrong, please correct me if so). I was talking to my friend (you may know him as P0DG3Y) who is extremely knowledgeable about the CoD series (he has played it since day one, I sort of played some of it now and again until I got an xbox and got hooked to the franchise via MW2) and he explained that Inifinity Ward wanted Modern Warfare to be a whole new game, but Activision screwed stuff up (no news here) so that IW had to have it within the CoD series. I'm not sure, but it all sounds very shady to me. Can anyone elaborate on this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More so probably because West and Zampella wanted to work on other ips, but Activision wanted (MOAR) duty. Activision is a nazi regime, focused on money. Not that I don't like Black Ops, but the games should be more spaced. I don't want what happened to Guitar Hero happening to Duty.

Also, I hope that the lawsuits screw up the release of MW3. West and Zampella will have justice! (ha-zah!)

The working title of the game was Modern Warfare 2, but due to low numbers of people who were aware of the game's existence, Activision had them re-add the "Call of Duty" moniker to the box. Even on PSN (and I assume Live too), all it says when someone is playing is so-and-so is playing "Modern Warfare 2," not "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."

Infinity Ward wanted to differentiate the studios by separating the two universes, and it wasn't until late in the development cycle that Activision forced them to add the CoD name.