Five is not part of the main story

Commander034

I don't think that the characters in Five are meant to be important. I just thought that Five was the way to show us the American side of zombies. Really, Five had to be a filler and a part of the story. It would get to be pretty boring if we only had Kino Der Toten and Dead Ops Arcade. If hunters for parts of the story went to a map that takes place after Kino before finding the story bits included in it, there would likely be a lot of confusion. Imagine being new to Call of Duty, Knowing absolutely NOTHING about Dr.Maxis, Der Riese, ect. Then imagine yourself finding the song (115). You would think "What the heck is 115?". That is what people would think if a second map were released, but they only played the second. You could think of Five as a spin-off, or split in the story, still showing information. If people say, "I want two zombie maps in DLC, not one and ___ multiplayer maps!", we can get one loaded map with story bits, plus a split.

Yes, five in not completely in the Main story, but it is still a part in the story.

I apologize for the long post, but I want to be clear.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the characters in Five are meant to be important. I just thought that Five was the way to show us the American side of zombies. Really, Five had to be a filler and a part of the story. It would get to be pretty boring if we only had Kino Der Toten and Dead Ops Arcade. If hunters for parts of the story went to a map that takes place after Kino before finding the story bits included in it, there would likely be a lot of confusion. Imagine being new to Call of Duty, Knowing absolutely NOTHING about Dr.Maxis, Der Riese, ect. Then imagine yourself finding the song (115). You would think "What the heck is 115?". That is what people would think if a second map were released, but they only played the second. You could think of Five as a spin-off, or split in the story, still showing information. If people say, "I want two zombie maps in DLC, not one and ___ multiplayer maps!", we can get one loaded map with story bits, plus a split.

Yes, five in not completely in the Main story, but it is still a part in the story.

I apologize for the long post, but I want to be clear.

I don't understand your comparison to new players and kino. Five doesn't explain anything for new players. New players have to read or have bought hardened or prestige editions. It was put in as a joke and to fill the time between the maps because kino was meant for W@W. It doesn't even have to show any information unless a different map in the U.S. appears with a more appropriate cast.

Say instead of Five they made a map with the main story. If you played that map before Kino, You may find something that would not make sence without knowing what is in Kino.

For a new player, they would not know what 115 is, because they would need SNN and Der Riese to learn about it.

Five shows that zombies are in America. This is the only way that zombies could be in Area 51.

Five shows that Americans had the Thundergun, Raygun, and Winter's Howl.

Five shows that Group 935 was in America.

Five shows that Group 935 oporatives (Maxis tunnel radio in Der Riese) were in America before Der Riese took place.

Five shows that more teleporters were being made.

Before you decide that Five shows nothing, wait for easter eggs to be discovered. Treyarch said that they havn't all been found.

Just wait for more info.

Say instead of Five they made a map with the main story. If you played that map before Kino, You may find something that would not make sence without knowing what is in Kino.

For a new player, they would not know what 115 is, because they would need SNN and Der Riese to learn about it.

Five shows that zombies are in America. This is the only way that zombies could be in Area 51.

Five shows that Americans had the Thundergun, Raygun, and Winter's Howl.

Five shows that Group 935 was in America.

Five shows that Group 935 oporatives (Maxis tunnel radio in Der Riese) were in America before Der Riese took place.

Five shows that more teleporters were being made.

Before you decide that Five shows nothing, wait for easter eggs to be discovered. Treyarch said that they havn't all been found.

Just wait for more info.

935 was not in the U.S.. The U.S. had a spy in 935. I can't understand at all what your saying about kino. It also is off topic. New players don't know what 115 is even from kino or Five. I stated that the teleporters, guns, etc. are just captured technology being tested. Five isn't necessary to show zombies in the U.S.. Also on the terminal that is avaliable to everyone it shows all the finds that were on the old maps. There is no reason for a map to explain the storyline for new players.

935 WAS in America. in a certain video I saw of a no-clipper, he found a 935 logo on the wall in a window near a teleporter. I'm pretty sure it was the one in the corner to the left of the elevator.

If instead of Five they made a map along the story, we might miss something in Kino and be as blank as new players.

Five is a filler plus America's side of the story.

935 WAS in America. in a certain video I saw of a no-clipper, he found a 935 logo on the wall in a window near a teleporter. I'm pretty sure it was the one in the corner to the left of the elevator.

If instead of Five they made a map along the story, we might miss something in Kino and be as blank as new players.

Five is a filler plus America's side of the story.

It doesn't show story. Give me a link of the video. We wouldn't miss anything in Kino if they kept with the story. What does "Five" have to do with kino?

he actually has a point...While there are many things in Five that point to it being zombie story related, if it really was, why is there only 1 zombie map instead of 2 coming in the first strike dlc? Unless 3arch is planning on mass producing Map Packs, either we're going to see one more CoD with zombies in it, or Five isn't a crucial part to the story...either that, or, as many people are hypothesizing, there is going to be a supermap where you can play as both teams (8 people in the lobby)

dude, :facepalm: you are total denile (forgot how to spell that) there and who made you "the chairman of saying if it's relatedor not" you are saying stuff like

"Then why is there a picture of an portant german man (i do not know exactly who he is) in the pap room on Five? It apears to be the same picture as the one in kino. And why wouldn't there be a test facility in the pentagon? I mean sure its not huge but they were testing, just one minor mistake and the zombification could spread. That explains why there's is zombiefied employees, scientists, military police, and ofcourse nova 6 gassers. So yes i think Five is related to the story line.

The portrait is a reused texture. The mistake can't afford to happen in our capital, a hugely populated area, under constant media, and always has tourists. That's why there wouldn't be testing facilities to create the zombies."

how do you know if it's reused texture if your not in treyarch so don't be such a hard *ss :facepalm:

So please tell us how you know that the picture of our German friend ended up in the pentegon and don't tell me that they are re-useing it to "add texture" because treyarch really took a while too make this game and they where making it good so i don't think they are re-useing but apparently, you think you are always right so no reason to argue with you.

dude, :facepalm: you are total denile (forgot how to spell that) there and who made you "the chairman of saying if it's relatedor not" you are saying stuff like

"Then why is there a picture of an portant german man (i do not know exactly who he is) in the pap room on Five? It apears to be the same picture as the one in kino. And why wouldn't there be a test facility in the pentagon? I mean sure its not huge but they were testing, just one minor mistake and the zombification could spread. That explains why there's is zombiefied employees, scientists, military police, and ofcourse nova 6 gassers. So yes i think Five is related to the story line.

The portrait is a reused texture. The mistake can't afford to happen in our capital, a hugely populated area, under constant media, and always has tourists. That's why there wouldn't be testing facilities to create the zombies."

how do you know if it's reused texture if your not in treyarch so don't be such a hard *ss :facepalm:

I've already stated why there wouldn't be a test facility in the Pentagon. A small problem is too big of a risk in a highly populated, tourist, area where the entire country is controlled from. The portrait makes it's first appearance on Kino. Kino was originally built for W@W, therefore it is safe to assume that the portrait was a texture that had existed for a long time. Who gave you the right to question my theory?/sarcasm. It works both ways. A forum was built for people to voice their opinion, and this specific forum is meant for opinions on the zombie storyline.

So please tell us how you know that the picture of our German friend ended up in the pentegon and don't tell me that they are re-useing it to "add texture" because treyarch really took a while too make this game and they where making it good so i don't think they are re-useing but apparently, you think you are always right so no reason to argue with you.

Why wouldn't Treyarch reuse textures? It takes seconds and gets the job done and it also doesn't affect the quality of the game. Richtofen's portrait looks like a general's at quick glances, so it works fine for the room. I don't think I'm wrong because no one has been able to point out a whole in my argument. Everyone is only saying the same things said by others earlier.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPH7H1hTMmI&feature=related

Shows nova six logo on canister, obviously creating creepy crawlers.

The video also shows the rocket in the random room in kino.

Don't see a logo of 935 in this one, but it does show some pretty neat stuff.

I'll be sure to post if I find the logo. :)

By the way, about the test facility, as I said before:

IT'S A GAME! :facepalm:

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPH7H1hTMmI&feature=related

Shows nova six logo on canister, obviously creating creepy crawlers.

The video also shows the rocket in the random room in kino.

Don't see a logo of 935 in this one, but it does show some pretty neat stuff.

I'll be sure to post if I find the logo. :)

By the way, about the test facility, as I said before:

IT'S A GAME! :facepalm:

Then it mean nothing. What the heck is the part of it being a game have to do with anything?

Why wouldn't Treyarch reuse textures? It takes seconds and gets the job done and it also doesn't affect the quality of the game. Richtofen's portrait looks like a general's at quick glances, so it works fine for the room. I don't think I'm wrong because no one has been able to point out a whole in my argument. Everyone is only saying the same things said by others earlier.

This ENTIRE board has made quite a bit of noise about how Treyarch listens to the community and knows what the community looks for. They KNOW there are people like those on this board who take notice of details like Richtofen's picture from Kino. It is highly unlikely they would just copy the texture knowing that we would be all over noticing how it was the same picture. While it is easy to just copy over the texture, it isn't like Treyarch is short on money and needs to cut those corners. Saying that Five has NO connection to the story is nothing short of ignorant. It would be the same as saying (when it was released) that Verruckt had no story. It's there, you just need to give it some time for all the clues to be found.

While Five may not be the MAIN story, there are some clues to help build the background and give you a heads up that the zombie outbreak has spread to the rest of the world.

I should probably debunk your evidence is that unlike all the other teleporters, this one teleports you in half a second, which is why you cant really put anything that you can see in it

Can you please expand onto what evidence? I have seen symbols in the teleporters. If you look at them instead of using them you will see symbols pop-up inside the teleporters red glow. They all seem to be reused to me. You can see the unfinished "help", the Group 935 logo, and probably more, but I can't remember what else I've seen.

I would say no....

Listen, FIVE may have Easter Eggs related to the main story. But first let's look up the Geography. FIVE is the Pentagon right? Well, how do you explain me that the lower floor is the Rebirth Labs at Rebirth Island?

I mean, an elevator take you from a place to another in the world? If it was the teleporter only to get down there I wouldn't say BUT an elevator?

HOWEVER, I agree that the Americans knew about 115 and were working on it, which goes ahead with theory that the Thief is trying to use the 115 into a weapon like the Germans did.

I should probably debunk your evidence is that unlike all the other teleporters, this one teleports you in half a second, which is why you cant really put anything that you can see in it

Can you please expand onto what evidence? I have seen symbols in the teleporters. If you look at them instead of using them you will see symbols pop-up inside the teleporters red glow. They all seem to be reused to me. You can see the unfinished "help", the Group 935 logo, and probably more, but I can't remember what else I've seen.

really, i have only seen a flash of red because of how fast it is.

really, i have only seen a flash of red because of how fast it is.

You misunderstood or I wasn't clear enough. Don't use the teleporter. Just stand outside of it and look at it. You'll see things pop-up and then disappear.

I would say no....

Listen, FIVE may have Easter Eggs related to the main story. But first let's look up the Geography. FIVE is the Pentagon right? Well, how do you explain me that the lower floor is the Rebirth Labs at Rebirth Island?

I mean, an elevator take you from a place to another in the world? If it was the teleporter only to get down there I wouldn't say BUT an elevator?

HOWEVER, I agree that the Americans knew about 115 and were working on it, which goes ahead with theory that the Thief is trying to use the 115 into a weapon like the Germans did.

I was actually thinking of teleporting to the Rebirth Labs, but the elevator stood in my way.

I do like that theory of the Theif, because it would explain the Pack-a-Punch machine and wonder weapons everywhere.

This ENTIRE board has made quite a bit of noise about how Treyarch listens to the community and knows what the community looks for. They KNOW there are people like those on this board who take notice of details like Richtofen's picture from Kino. It is highly unlikely they would just copy the texture knowing that we would be all over noticing how it was the same picture. While it is easy to just copy over the texture, it isn't like Treyarch is short on money and needs to cut those corners. Saying that Five has NO connection to the story is nothing short of ignorant. It would be the same as saying (when it was released) that Verruckt had no story. It's there, you just need to give it some time for all the clues to be found.

While Five may not be the MAIN story, there are some clues to help build the background and give you a heads up that the zombie outbreak has spread to the rest of the world.

THANK YOU!! This people, is someone who understands what Treyarch is doing.

[brains] for you!

EDIT: I just remembered the triangle. When teleporting in Der Riese, you can see a triangle. In kino Der Toten, you can see a triangle on the chest in the metal staircase by no-clipping. In Five, you can see it on the mystery box screens and in the teleporter.

I HIGHLY doubt that the triangle is reused. I will keep my eye out for it in Ascension.

I've read the entire thread now so if I don't address what was said in this post at least know that I acknowledge it.

On the first page it was suggested that Five might be an alternate timeline/storyline whatever you want to call it; and Commander034 wrote this:

"@Frontrow-killa

There is no evidence to support the dual time-line theory. Time travel doesn't necessarily mean a split time-line."

Actually time travel causes a paradox which can be solved by an alternate universe.

Now the first question you might ask is how that statement relates or is tied into the whole argument of whether or not Five is a part of the zombie storyline.

The answer is in an easter egg found in Kino Der Toten.

When you are Tank Dempsey you can examine the portraits and he says something very interesting about his own.

"A tale of two Dempseys, starts slow but has a happy ending."

— Upon examining his portrait.

Now I am unsure if he refers to a second Tank Dempsey or something else but if I am correct then the time travel alternate universe theory is plausible and you cannot deny that it is possible that Five is part of the storyline.

I admit it is possible: although I do not think at this point in time that it is related to the story.

Also there was a lot of talk about the portrait of Richtofen in the pack-a-punch room of Five- I think that it was a hint to help us look for it. By placing it in Five where it clearly does not belong it points to the significance of it on Kino, the other map.

but that's just speculation don't consider this as fact.

sources:

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Kino_der_Toten/Quotes

• 1 month later...

I've been reading this post and skimming through posts. and reusing textures showed up a few times and i have something that proves that treyarch is...well kinda lazy. Go to the story mission, Executive order. After you blow up the rocket and move your way down the tunnels you'll get to this room with computer towers and a lot of enemies. This is a small room that leads to more tunnels. Go look at the book shelf right next to the door the books say "Edward Richtofen" on it. Well that just goes to show that they reuse textures. Also with the retro map pack the mystery box has the new weapons and the teleporter has the same images as the one on 5 and Kino. This just goes to show that Treyarch didn't want to go through the extra steps to script the old maps to use the old weapons in the box or the old teleporter images.