My theory on the Pentagon Thief being Dr. Maxis

BTrabucco

I've read around and read some other theories about the pentagon thief. One i've read, and i apologize because i forgot who posted it, the author of the post thinks that Richtofen was the crazy doctor for whatever reason. After thinking of this for awhile I thought that this could actually be Dr. Maxis. Here are my reasons.

1. Under his glasses his eyes are yellow like the zombies. So we know he's already dead.

2. Just by his actions we can infer that he has some sort of intelligence.

3. He has equations written on his body and clothes.

4. And finally, one probably insignificant relation. Dr. Maxis was the father of Samantha who has the dog Fluffy. Who would end up being the first Hellhound. Dr. Maxis, and Samantha, were killed by Fluffy (in hellhound form). Samantha is supposedly the voice you hear when you get powerups and during the hellhound rounds. So why wouldn't Dr. Maxis have some power? What I believe is that he takes the place of the hellhounds (which he created) and comes down to take the guns of the players and get his revenge.

Sorry for all the information in the fourth one! [brains] Have fun on the zombie battlefields!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an Idea, if you go to the home page on the CODZ site, and scroll over to Der Riese, click on teleporters. If you scroll down a bit to the first group of pictures, the second one in the first row. It looks sort of like the Pentagon Thief. Try looking at it upside down. I personally don't think it looks a whole lot like him, but the glasses kinda made me think about it. Any thoughts? Probably nothing but still...

I think it is Dr Maxis and many other scientists may have been recruited to the labs at the Pentagon had been working on other secret weapons (In the zombie timeline). (Where else are you gunna hide the scientists? In the basement!) I've always come across the pentagon thief in the basement so did he work there? (the thief if he isn't Maxis?). So perhaps Maxis created the zombies in the Pentagon to kill the new heroic 4 for some reason and he steals your gun to protect himself as he didn't escape the pentagon from his beloved zombies. I don't know, but I think the thief and "FIVE" will tie into the plot somehow.

Interesting Theories on the Theif being Maxis!

However I have my doubts that it's Maxis.

Primarily, why would a Nazi Doctor be working at the Pentagon?

Plus, the random number trail he leaves is all too prominent in the single player campaign as well, don't think there was a single level I played where i didn't eventually see those random red numbers.

However, I'm not doubting that it's Maxis either.

While we know from the Der Riese story that Edward intended to murder Samantha and Maxis, I did a little research into this topic by exploring the Dreamland servers from that main menu terminal. One of the Servant files I read stated that the deaths of Maxis and Samantha "cannot be confirmed". Just to clarify, this was from R. Oppen's data, Giant7.txt

Chances are a bit...unlikely however in my mind that the thief is Maxis, but maybe the thief is tied to him somehow?

Here's why I say that.

Think back to the Der Riese radio transmitions again. There was a radio where Maxis was telling his secretary Sophia to send a letter to the Reichstag High Command. Somewhere in the transmition, he mentions "our American Operative" in terms of finding more Element 115 sources.

So, MY theory is that while the Pentagon Thief may not be Maxis, maybe the Thief is the "American Operative" Group 935 had planted in the USA.

It makes sense cause the only other people that would know ANYTHING about the happenings anywhere NEAR Area 51 would be certain people working at The Pentagon.

This theory seems THE most likely in my mind, I just have a sneaky suspicion if we were to actually face Maxis in these Zombie maps he'd be one HUGE challenge, not someone who can really be controlled so easily (Since the Thief spawns a round or two after you turn the power on, you can activate it as early as round 5)

Primarily, why would a Nazi Doctor be working at the Pentagon

Well it isn't unheard of. in fact one of the dreamland server users is a nazi scientist who joined the allies. it all comes down to is he clever? yes

would he be an asset? yes

will the enemy miss him? yes

in that situation.... you'll have him if the offer is there. ( i realised i said him, however i am not implying all nazi scientist were male)

Well it isn't unheard of. in fact one of the dreamland server users is a nazi scientist who joined the allies. it all comes down to is he clever? yes

in that situation.... you'll have him if the offer is there. ( i realised i said him, however i am not implying all nazi scientist were male)

The only problem would be then, why would Maxis be working at the Pentagon? Maxis was the head of such a major nazi research group bent on ENDING the war with America, and to my knowlege, a pro-german scientist. Plus, in my mentioned post, Maxis was the victim of attempted murder at the hands of Richtofen, so we honestly don't even know if Maxis is alive for sure to be able to even get that kind of offer to work for The Pentagon.

The only problem would be then, why would Maxis be working at the Pentagon? Maxis was the head of such a major nazi research group bent on ENDING the war with America, and to my knowlege, a pro-german scientist. Plus, in my mentioned post, Maxis was the victim of attempted murder at the hands of Richtofen, so we honestly don't even know if Maxis is alive for sure to be able to even get that kind of offer to work for The Pentagon.

yeah well if he was alive don't you think he'd be more likely to flee to america if he knew the illuminati were after him?

and he'd seen how pointless it was trying to controlthe zombies. maybe he thought they would never be able to control them and they were a lost cause. without the zombies Germany would lose so he swapped to the winning team (if he is alive of course. tbh i don't think it's Maxis i'm just saying it's a possibility)

• 2 weeks later...

Think back to the Der Riese radio transmitions again. There was a radio where Maxis was telling his secretary Sophia to send a letter to the Reichstag High Command. Somewhere in the transmition, he mentions "our American Operative" in terms of finding more Element 115 sources.

So, MY theory is that while the Pentagon Thief may not be Maxis, maybe the Thief is the "American Operative" Group 935 had planted in the USA.

It makes sense cause the only other people that would know ANYTHING about the happenings anywhere NEAR Area 51 would be certain people working at The Pentagon.

This theory seems THE most likely in my mind, I just have a sneaky suspicion if we were to actually face Maxis in these Zombie maps he'd be one HUGE challenge, not someone who can really be controlled so easily (Since the Thief spawns a round or two after you turn the power on, you can activate it as early as round 5)

Brilliant! What if he is Maxis's operative, and he's looking for the Winter's Howl and the Death Machine to bring back to Germany? Because remember, we now have indisputable proof that the teleporters can travel through time. SO, in a nutshell, he's looking for more advanced weapons to bring back to his Nazi leaders so they can win the war. But hat's just my two cents worth :)

Sorry I meant to quote that :?

• 2 weeks later...

One question. Why does everyone keep assuming the Pentagon Thief(whoever it is) worked at the Pentagon? I mean, it's not like he even starts off in the Pentagon. The announcer clearly says "Security Breach detected in lower levels" whenever the thief shows up. I've even actually seen him emerge from the center teleporter on the third floor. He doesn't work there, but simply shows up there. He obviously has some knowledge of the teleporters as well considering he can teleport you to the basement regardless of where he's at everytime he takes your gun.

One question. Why does everyone keep assuming the Pentagon Thief(whoever it is) worked at the Pentagon? I mean, it's not like he even starts off in the Pentagon. The announcer clearly says "Security Breach detected in lower levels" whenever the thief shows up. I've even actually seen him emerge from the center teleporter on the third floor. He doesn't work there, but simply shows up there. He obviously has some knowledge of the teleporters as well considering he can teleport you to the basement regardless of where he's at everytime he takes your gun.

That's why I think he's Maxis's operative, looking for better weapons to win the war with. He's going through time, that's why he has the numbers trailing after him. OF COURSE!!!! When our four guys arrive at Kino, you can see little red numbers around where your stats appear. Residual effects of time travel! The Pentagon Thief is trailing this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey, stuff. He's obviously someone who they don't want there. Do we actually know where he goes when he takes a gun from each player? Ooooooo this is good stuff.

Well I know once he takes your gun, he teleports himself, and whoever's gun got stolen, with him into the basement; then depending how many people you have playing with you, he'll just go through all the teleporters until he catches each player and steals one of their guns and repeats the process. Once he has taken at least one gun from each player, he will then teleport to the basement level and leave out of the same center teleporter that he came in through.

• 1 month later...

I've read around and read some other theories about the pentagon thief. One i've read, and i apologize because i forgot who posted it, the author of the post thinks that Richtofen was the crazy doctor for whatever reason. After thinking of this for awhile I thought that this could actually be Dr. Maxis. Here are my reasons.

1. Under his glasses his eyes are yellow like the zombies. So we know he's already dead.

2. Just by his actions we can infer that he has some sort of intelligence.

3. He has equations written on his body and clothes.

4. And finally, one probably insignificant relation. Dr. Maxis was the father of Samantha who has the dog Fluffy. Who would end up being the first Hellhound. Dr. Maxis, and Samantha, were killed by Fluffy (in hellhound form). Samantha is supposedly the voice you hear when you get powerups and during the hellhound rounds. So why wouldn't Dr. Maxis have some power? What I believe is that he takes the place of the hellhounds (which he created) and comes down to take the guns of the players and get his revenge.

Sorry for all the information in the fourth one! [brains] Have fun on the zombie battlefields!

Makes perfect sense!! Who else would it be?

• 1 month later...

Welll He might Be Maxis But If he was Wouldn't He go after? richtofen Well Dr Maxis Might be The weapon Thief Because He Might want His Ray gun Winters Houl Back Because Of The element 115 But I dont get why HHe replace the dogs And If you go On Single player Campaing On One Of Woods Arm Theere Is a Tattoo That Read 115 [brains] :mrgreen: :twisted: :evil: :D