Def-Con Switches

Johucoba

I tried searching the forums and i was surprised nobody said anything about this.

When activating the def-con switches in "Five" it actually says "Press X(Square) to activate Death-Con switch." I'm sure i wasn't the only person to notice this.

Think there's any meaning to that? Besides the fact you die in the end..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound noobish, but where are the def/death-con switches? Thanks(:

while playing on the map "five" after the starting level you take an elevator downstairs to the main pentagon area. there are 2 "death-con" switches on the upper level of the 2nd floor and there are 2 on the lower level. however you cant activate these switches untill you activate the power, which is located in the basement

• 1 month later...

Really? nice find!

Just like it is called "Buyer-Sale", I'm sure the annuncer says "Fire-Sale"

It's not buyer sale it's Fire Sale.

I really don't care what it's supposed to be called, don't start arguing about that here.

This stupid argument has annoyed me forever and i don't see why people care when we could all just call it the "Sale" and be done with it.

Really? nice find!

Just like it is called "Buyer-Sale", I'm sure the annuncer says "Fire-Sale"

It's not buyer sale it's Fire Sale.

I really don't care what it's supposed to be called, don't start arguing about that here.

This stupid argument has annoyed me forever and i don't see why people care when we could all just call it the "Sale" and be done with it.

There shouldn't be an argument because it IS called a Fire-Sale and the more useful version that you get when you kill the thief and no guns are stolen drops is called the Bonfire-Sale(makes PaP 1000).

and I notice this every time I play... I think its just to sound BA. I wish it just said defcon though, because I like it to say Defcon on the actual sign, and defcon on the switch :D

OMFG OMFG OMFG

My friend realised this the first day he played, and I had been stalling for ages to post on the forum

until I had pictures.

But I was just gonna write it up, TONIGHT!!

OOOMG :cry: :cry: :cry:

You beat me to it, you poopie! :D :D :D

I'm sorry i beat you to it!

But it looks like you were a little late.. by a month..

Oh well, if you've got the pictures, feel free to post them here

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it is intended there on purpose. Maybe the "Def-con" announcer doesnt say it properly. idk

Sorry Johucoba, off topic here. It is "Fire Sale". Although to me it sounds like "BonFire Sale". It's a real thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_sale

Well, when selecting "Five" it says in the description under it something about the pentagon going into Def-con 1, but in the game the switches say "Death-con"

And yes, that was a while ago that i didn't know whether it was a fire sale or buyer sale until about a week ago i saw it say "Fire Sale" in one of the hints on the loading screen.

I don't think there's much significance to the prompt saying "death-con." It gives you access to the PaP, so maybe it's just alluding to the deadly efficacy/efficiency of PaP'd weapons.

On an unrelated note, in the first elevator, there's a sign that says "10 person max" (not exactly that). I thought that the sign was a bit too prominent to mean nothing, knowing treyarch and all. I've always thought that maybe throwing a monkey in there and filling it with zombies would cause it to crash. I tried this when I was in the War room, but nothing happened. Maybe that's because it's already as low as it can go? I've yet to try this on the first floor, but maybe it causes a crash, or MAYBE does something even cooler. A previously unknown area? Instant access to PaP, seeing as how that elevator is directly above the PaP room? I suppose a no-clip would quickly confirm or debunk this "theory."

Just an idea, off-topic as it may be.

I don't think there's much significance to the prompt saying "death-con." It gives you access to the PaP, so maybe it's just alluding to the deadly efficacy/efficiency of PaP'd weapons.

On an unrelated note, in the first elevator, there's a sign that says "10 person max" (not exactly that). I thought that the sign was a bit too prominent to mean nothing, knowing treyarch and all. I've always thought that maybe throwing a monkey in there and filling it with zombies would cause it to crash. I tried this when I was in the War room, but nothing happened. Maybe that's because it's already as low as it can go? I've yet to try this on the first floor, but maybe it causes a crash, or MAYBE does something even cooler. A previously unknown area? Instant access to PaP, seeing as how that elevator is directly above the PaP room? I suppose a no-clip would quickly confirm or debunk this "theory."

Seems kind of illogical really, i cant see why Treyarch would put such an easter egg into the map, especially considering it would be impossible to pass between the first and second floors anymore without the use of the teleporters, i'm sure it's just the standard sign put into elevators telling the riders of the maximum occupancy limit so that the elevator doesn't malfunction. Most likely its insignificant.

Sorry to de-bunk your idea, i was curious about the same thing because it states there are 8 floors above the elevator door too. Here's a noclip courtesy of wangtim3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPH7H1hTMmI