Where do you make your stand at Kino?

play2often

In the w@w zombie maps, there was always that place where you made your stand against the zombies:

- in nacht der untoten, it was the help room with the mystery box

- in verruckt, it was the power room or **** please report this topic, post ****, depending on how you opened the doors

- in shi no numa, it was whichever hut the box was at

- and in der riese, it was always the balcony or the alley by the fly trap, depending on what doors were opened

but in kino, so far i haven't found that 'perfect' spot to make your stand and get enough points to pack a punch. the stage area is sort of ok, but those wall crawlers can be a pain, and the fast runner zombies seem to corner you early on....

(and on a minor note, don't call this a repeat topic b/c there is a strategy thread below this, i'm asking about a location in the map, not how you go around the map and what you do round by round)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We camp in the alley. Take the room to the top-right in spawn to get to the stage, then go through the metal staircase, and enter the alley through the metal cage door. One guy covers the fence, the others aim forward at the zombies. If you get overrun take the door into the room with the Flame trap.

meh i would just chill in the teleporter shoot till i get hit twice (i have juggernog on by then) then teleport rack up some points then (if i do) look for a film reel when i go to another mystery room (found 3 so far) then teleport back to the lobby and basically i run around the whole map and kill the zombies that are left which won't be a lot...eh it got me to round 28.

I'm starting to think the alleyway on 4p would be a decent spot, keep your backs on the wall by doubletap and never open the door leading into the lobby... only one window to watch and i don't think crawlers come outside unless you go inside but i haven't tested that theory really.

Now for solo i make my stand on my FEET i got to lvl 45 and turned off the ps3 when i figured out solo rounds aren't kept track of, which is retarded.

4 People:

The bottom room under the stairs where the MPL is located, DO NOT open the door to the alley (If you need double tap or if the box is in the alley go through the theatre) have 1 guy watch the window on the right and one on the left then 2 guys can watch the main door, switch positions periodicaly.

Solo:

Kinda what PuLsExEdGeZ said, have jug and qr on and stay @ the teleporter till u get over whelmed then teleport to the PaP room, once teleported back into the lobby, keep circling around the map killin zombies then before the round ends link the teleporters back up and repeat.

The way i do it, is i take the door up the stairs from the first room, then follow all the way round until the room before the theater (looks like a shower block or something) and i just sit by the door, there's about a 10 meter gap between you and the nearest zombies (coming through a hole in the roof). Another advantage is that i always seem to find the random box either in that room, or the room just before (could just be luck i dunno)

I haven't really played the zombie maps many times yet so I am not sure on what I want my strategy to be. But so far I have just stayed in the theatre room and run around that area. I am sure that must be a better strategy than but I haven't worked much out yet.

After playing five and kino a few times I get the feeling they tried to make it so that everyone wouldn't just to one strategy and there wasn't one obvious spot to camp in the maps. I like it though and I think that it why the new maps are harder, simple because of the way they are set out and designed.

i like the back alley too for a few good reasons:

1. only 2 entry points - the alley itself in front, and the back window

2. if everybody is outside at the start of the round, you don't get the gassers

3. when you do get overrun, you have the back door to open to make a get away

4. you can plant 100 trip mines for your back up plan.

An alternative to play the alley is like this (but you need mics and teamwork):

1 player at the back window

2 players stand at the fence by the little AK74 on the wall.

1 player stands in the middle (by the garbage can) to protect the 2 players by the fence from the zombies falling from the roof.

I like this strat because the 2 main big gun shooters have a straighter line of site and get more kills per bullet and don't run out of amo so much. You also don't get over run as much as when 3 players stand back by the garbage can (the zombies falling from the roof really screw up your line of site and cause a bit of chaos.

Well, depends on which round it is for me, at about round 10 or 11. I tell everyone to open any door they can find, once we have made a path way or a "merry go round" (lol) we run around the map in circles blasting our way through and looking backwords to shoot Zombies/Nova Crawlers (Or Gas Zombie) chasing us.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE IN THIS THEATER OF THE DAMNED!

YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE, BECAUSE THEY WILL FIND YOU!!!

YES! leave the door by the double tap closed.. go all the way around to look for the box. HEADSHOTS are a must! CLAYMORES and Monkeys are also key. the upgraded AK47 can be nice, you can buy ammo off the wall...

4 days ago.. i made it to

lvl29-

ranked 771 for most points!

The only reason I did not make it that far was because the zombies FLANKED us and beat us down -_-

Usually when by myself I just let the game take me where I need to go, not open up doors until the room I am currently in is not suitable to be in to hold off against the geeks. After about 12 rounds I start opening up all doors and make laps around the theater with the Zeus Cannon and Porter's Ray Gun until I either run out of ammo or somehow get kills by some of them.

With other people I just play to have fun, usually don't last until round 13.

YES! leave the door by the double tap closed.. go all the way around to look for the box. HEADSHOTS are a must! CLAYMORES and Monkeys are also key. the upgraded AK47 can be nice, you can buy ammo off the wall...

4 days ago.. i made it to

lvl29-

ranked 771 for most points!

yeah i agree - the alley is probably the best spot to camp even though it's a dead end. 29 is good; i got to 26 that way but on the higher rounds you need a really strong team to get further.

I have a very good spot for 2 players, what you do is use your pistol and knife on zombies til' you have higher that 1750 points, then you open up the door that's on the floor the stairs go up, after you open it, there is an SMG there for 1000. Its a great room, there,s two places to cover, and when the hellhounds come, there is a little hall that you can go in, it lets you take them out very easily.

As for getting the power on, wait for the last zombie to come, have one person distract him, while the other goes and opens up the doors, just whatever you do, DON'T OPEN UP THE ROOM WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR STAND, YOU WILL DIE!!! Take the doorways that have the fire trap and alley, just be sure to pick up better guns along the way, this strategy is probably much easier with more people.

-Hope this helped! :D

I stay in the theater room until such time as there is anywhere from 10-20 zombs or so in the room, then I circle through the beginning room, up the stairs, through the portrait room, through the speed cola room, and pretty much make my way back to the theater, usually leaving claymores and grenades behind me in the hopes of creating crawlers. I also make a side trip to activate all the rocks and get 115 to play, so pretty much all the doors get opened meaning holding anywhere would mean certain death, but for a short relief always activate the teleporter, and chuck grenades out the window after taking the teleporter, as the zombs almost always just stand there until the later rounds at least.

my team on kino der toten stays around the theater , but we do it with a specific strategy

First go through lower door to the outside then through generator room to the back stage with the power, now 1 person stays by the pack window thats by the door to the dressing room (dont open this)

now the other stay in the halfway point from the door to the back window aimed at the door to the stairs . this covers the majority of zombies and racks up points (players switch between back window so every one gets points . now when everyone has enough to upgrade open up the curtain. ( have a crawler for this part) now everyone go to PAP and upgrade , then station 2 people on the front of the stage aimed out to the theater (to kill on coming zombies) ,1 by back window kills creeper on wall and window zombies and 1 aimed to the back stairs /window this can get you u to the higher rounds with a safe strategy , if you become overwhelmed use the dressing room as an escape route to the second turrent area as a last stand position (use as a last resort as surviving and using previous strategy will be harder as zombies attack back window from behind now

i hope this helps :D