Classic Maps Overview

TheOneAndOnly

Had a huge classic map session on BO last night with a friend.

I conclude that nothing has changed in a revealing way.

Gameplay wise, the engine had been updated slightly which is nice (does nerf the fire rate of semi autos), and the BO weapons can be gotten from the random box (not off the wall) and can be PaP'd into some rather tasty weapons on Der Reise.

All the maps have new starting screens (comic-esque similar to Kino der Untoten). A thread has been made on this already:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3151

NDU starting screen is pretty interesting but I cannot really draw anything conclusive from it?

The radio's on Shi No Numa and Der Reise are exactly the same (I tested all of them). The easter egg songs are all activated the same. The flytrap is the same and the boards on SNN and DR all seem the same.

The only real change I noticed that was apparent was on Der Reise their is no light from the sky marking the random box's location. I don't particularly understand why this is? Any idea's?

However I am not atall saying that There is nothing hidden within them (c'mon its Treyarch 8-) ), just to let you know the changes are not obvious and work will definately need to be done to unlock the secrets.

Was planning to go back on soon just to re-check everything and continue to search. I have a feeling that some of the audio may well be slightly different. Will edit this post with further findings, just a quick first look here.

Please post and questions about the classics or anything you my have found different.

Peace :mrgreen:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we should definitely double-check for new Easter Eggs, especially on Verruckt, that was a computer server in the main menu.

@SonOfTorah most of the maps are the same, except for Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt, they seem a lot scarier, and NDU is noticeably darker. Haven't seen Shi No Numa yet though. Far as I can tell Der Riese is about the same.

The only real change I noticed that was apparent was on Der Reise their is no light from the sky marking the random box's location. I don't particularly understand why this is? Any idea's?

Actually, there is a light shining down still. You just need to look very carefully, because it's really dim. I believe they overdid it a bit, as many times during a game I've found myself running all over the maps to find it. I can see how many people can have trouble seeing this.

This is my thing I payed for the maps.There is no way they spent a lot of time on the old maps. Wow theres new weapons in a mystery box that took two yrs. Sounds like they need some better developers. Nothing has changed. I mean look at how much money they have made and they can't even remake the maps.

If I remade the maps I would have had perks in every map and at least one teleporter like in kino. wtf are they in a wheel chair I know I am but couldn't they have done better. I love zombies but was really disappointed with the old new maps.

This is my thing I payed for the maps.There is no way they spent a lot of time on the old maps. Wow theres new weapons in a mystery box that took two yrs. Sounds like they need some better developers. Nothing has changed. I mean look at how much money they have made and they can't even remake the maps.

If I remade the maps I would have had perks in every map and at least one teleporter like in kino. wtf are they in a wheel chair I know I am but couldn't they have done better. I love zombies but was really disappointed with the old new maps.

I hear you, but tbh they were never going to revamp them that much, realistically.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Treyarch would put in new secret in the old maps. It wouldn't be fair to the people who didn't get the Hardened or Prestige edition, with no other way to get the maps. Treyarch would have to have immediately put the maps as DLC or just given all the maps in every edition of the game.

I am fairly confident that they will release old map dlc at same time as first BO mappack. And Treyarch has put secrets in old maps - the prominent ones so far are on Shi No Numa (explaining time travel - which is covered in another thread) and the music box in Nacht der untoten :mrgreen: