Why All the Complaining? I'll Tell you Why!

Zieghail

First of all I would Like to say Hello to all, It has been quite some time since I have been able to visit last. I would Also Like to Apologize for all of the unanswered PM's.

Now, Lets get down To business!

I've(unsurprisingly, Yet Sadly) noticed a lot of Complaining about the MultiPlayer in Black Ops, and I have to say I find it all absolutely Hilarious!

Some of you may Remember This EXACT SAME THING Happened When World at War was Released.

What Happened you ask?

When World at War was Released, MANY people bought the Game Expecting to perform well online immediately, just like they did in Modern Warfare.

Here's the thing:

They didn't expect that they would have to get used to Weapons with Recoil, or Weapons that take a decent amount of skill.
    They Didn't Expect to have to have maps that were well laid out and actually required skill and thinking.
    They just didn't expect that World at War would require More Skill.

So When those people expecting to dominate immediately after putting the Disk in didn't do so well, they got Mad and Stomped around and Cried. Claiming that World at War Sucked and Treyarch was a Horrible Developer. Neither of which are anywhere near Truthful Statements.

So Here we Are, Two Years Later.

Treyarch Releases Black Ops, and yet again people are starting up the game Expecting to instantly dominate.

And they Are Not instantly dominating, Again.

They Say the Maps are Horrible because they have no good camping spots. They Claim All the Maps are like one Big Maze! (The Maps ACTUALLY require thought about where to go and what to do!)
    They Claim the Guns Suck because they Have Recoil, and they can't run around hip firing with every weapon in the game!
    They Complain about not being able to use Cheap Tactics like Quick Scoping and Noob Tubes, and that
    Black Ops is Actually a Well Balanced Game.

Because of this They are once again Saying Treyarch Is the Worst Developer Ever, and that Black Ops Sucks. Which are still nowhere near Truthful Statements.

What they Fail to Realize, is that Black Ops is Harder, and more competitive Online.

That Black Ops weapons, Perks, and Maps take Practice and Skill.

That its Nothing like the Mainstreamed-for-noobs-and-kids modern warfare 2.

What they Fail to Realize, is that Black Ops is the REAL Call of Duty.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing i'm complaining about now (after finally being able to play for a decent amount of time) is the spawns, and the maps. Let me put it this way, it's a game....it's meant for fun, a variety of types of maps is what i want, all the maps I've played so far area all about the same thing to me. Every map has the same type of idea for layout, and it's annoying, I like having to play differently for different game-types, that adds fun and variety, so why not the same thing with the maps? Having map variety would be more fun.

And about the spawns...come on, they are terrible, you have to admit that.

Quick scoping is a tool used to give the sniper a chance at short range fighting. The spawn system is my problem. I have been spawned 5 times in a row in front of someone's gun in one match, three times in another, and one time I was spawned in between three guys shooting at the area I just spawned at. The only problem with the grenade launcher was spawn killing at the beginning of a match. The maps feel uninspired for me, except for that one big snow one, they feel like they aren't trying to support a type of fighting and a lot feel to close and small for fighting. Also everyone who says it's good treats the game as if G-d had built it out of angel wings and says that anyone who has criticism just sucks at it.

EDIT: I would also like to add that the audio is bad. I can't hear anything that happens around. A gunshot at point blank Range sounds like it is a good distance away.

Also everyone who says it's good treats the game as if G-d had built it out of angel wings and says that anyone who has criticism just sucks at it.

Exactly, thank you for saying that last part, every game has problems, they need to be fixed, and I trust that Treyarch will fix them. I loved WaW, it was an amazing game, the only problem I had with it is the lag between the bullets and the people you shoot at, and tanks, and both of those idk if you can really just fix that with a patch. Every other thing that was bad got fixed, I am expecting the same thing with this game, and for the QSing part, I've said before that I disagree, I'm not going to post again about it, and hopefully this topic won't turn into a flame-war.

A pistol is a tool used to give a sniper a chance at Short Range Fighting. . .

Also everyone who says it's good treats the game as if G-d had built it out of angel wings and says that anyone who has criticism just sucks at it.

I should Elaborate, I was not trying to say this game is perfect, but as far as Call of Duty Goes, and as far as an Improvement upon modern warfare 2 goes; Black Ops is Very, Very Good.

I can Agree that the Maps aren't near as good as World at War's maps, but they are infinitely better than modern warfare 2's maps. There isn't just One choke point on every map, which gives the maps a lot more strategic value. Especially in Search and Destroy.

As for the Spawn system, its been the same since Call of Duty 4. Which Is a small part of the Reason the I Play Hardcore Search and Destroy Exclusively. But in the time I had to play regular mode before unlocking Search and Destroy, I didn't notice that happening too much. Luck I Suppose.

I should Elaborate, I was not trying to say this game is perfect, but as far as Call of Duty Goes, and as far as an Improvement upon modern warfare 2 goes; Black Ops is Very, Very Good.

I can Agree that the Maps aren't near as good as World at War's maps, but they are infinitely better than modern warfare 2's maps. There isn't just One choke point on every map, which gives the maps a lot more strategic value. Especially in Search and Destroy.

As for the Spawn system, its been the same since Call of Duty 4. Which Is a small part of the Reason the I Play Hardcore Search and Destroy Exclusively. But in the time I had to play regular mode before unlocking Search and Destroy, I didn't notice that happening too much. Luck I Suppose.

I like the game except they have to fix the problem with people being able to camp in the back of the spawns. I almost always play hardcore and like to run and gun and it's very frustrating to spawn and die several times in your own spawn because the system has designated a certian place that we will we always spawn in and people just set up shop and wait. The party system is also not working at all right now I don't understand how they had such a great system in place for W@W but now it's worse then MW2 if they fix those two things this game will be better then MW2.

I hate it when people judge the game and sell it the first day it comes out. That was what the CoDHQ was plagued like. A lot of people sold the game because of lag. Of course there will be lag, it just came out.

People also say, "These things should have been perfect already before the game comes out". Well they never had millions of people on servers to test with now did they?

It may take two, three or four weeks for them to fix the majority of problems, until then, why dont you play the other game modes on it, like what this site it for... Zombies. The game has awesome campaign, once again awesome zombies (with future DLC support), and a Multiplayer that would be fantastic without several issues (eg. spawn system and graphical faults)

Rant done.

I can safely say that Black Ops is the best Call of duty by far. I have played every single CoD there is (not portable versions those ones dont count) there has been no CoD story with this type of story. The multiplayer is the most balanced out of mw.w@w and of course mw2. I agree with you 110% Zieghail Im sick of these forums getting spamed with pointless threads about what they hate or even "what i love and hate about black ops". People only hate this game because they SUCK this game takes skill unlike mw2. :facepalm:

Black Ops is the best COD ever, people who prefer MW2 are the people who get annoyed when they realise they cant camp becuase of the brilliant RC-XD.

I agree that it requires much more skill than anything Infinity Ward can do- and is therefore better-

And the decision to remove stopping power and juggernaut from MP was an excellent one.

LONG LIVE TREYARCH! :)

1 problem though-

Zombies is way too hard!!!!!!!!!!

I think the MP is great. I've managed to hold my own in the maps I play.

Most people are stat lovers and if their K/D gets trashed they rage quit.

Simple. You can't please all the people, all the time.

The spawning isn't bad at all. I've not been killed much after spawning, and it's more like awwww damn, not screaming fits of rage followed swiftly by a controller flying at the TV. Seriously some people take this way to personal.

I've started my veteran run on campaign and I die alot, it's beast... But I love it... Gluton for punishment I guess. I hate things that are to easy there is no satisfaction in it.

So far I'm very happy with what treyarch has made here.

As for lag and things, it will get patched be patient.

Regards Snake. ;)

Black Ops is the best COD ever, people who prefer MW2 are the people who get annoyed when they realise they cant camp becuase of the brilliant RC-XD.

I agree that it requires much more skill than anything Infinity Ward can do- and is therefore better-

And the decision to remove stopping power and juggernaut from MP was an excellent one.

LONG LIVE TREYARCH! :)

1 problem though-

Zombies is way too hard!!!!!!!!!!

But hey who doesn't like a challenge?

@Alsomdude2 & kuoguy Thank you for single-handedly proving my point.

The problem is that the sniper doesn't always know that someone is getting close to them especially when scoped. They won't have time to switch to their pistol.

I didn't like W@W's maps either. MW2's maps allowed certain areas to held onto and a defensive play style to take over. The counter to big defensive strategies were the multiple entrances and the grenade launcher being able to clear rooms. In W@W and BO I don't feel like I can call out where an enemy is because no area of the maps are distinct enough from the other parts and I can't pay attention to which sector I'm in while under heavy fire. I've gotten more used to the game but it required me to get the AK-74u to get a gun that feels right. Few of the guns feel right to shoot. Something is just off for me. I dislike that you have to unlock Barebones and Hardcore modes. It force players to play the normal mode despite the fact that they may not like it.

As far as I'm concerned the people who don't like the game can get rid of it, and never play it again. Less people on the servers mean less lag for me. And I don't have to listen to them bitch when I stick em' with my crossbow. The only problem I've had with the game is minor hit detection problems when someone is using the RC-XD. Anyone else have this problem?

The problem is that the sniper doesn't always know that someone is getting close to them especially when scoped. They won't have time to switch to their pistol.

Thats their fault for not checking if no one is coming

Thats their fault for not checking if no one is coming

I'm sorry but I can't see through/around corners, so i kinda can't check if there's someone coming at all times, I do always use pistols with my snipers, and I pull it out as soon as i possibly can, but if someone pops out from around a corner, or is sitting in a room camping, then it's quicker to try to quick scope them, and as soon as i shoot i pull out my pistol in case of a hitmarker/miss.

I'm sorry but I can't see through/around corners, so i kinda can't check if there's someone coming at all times, I do always use pistols with my snipers, and I pull it out as soon as i possibly can, but if someone pops out from around a corner, or is sitting in a room camping, then it's quicker to try to quick scope them, and as soon as i shoot i pull out my pistol in case of a hitmarker/miss.

Go out of your scope, do a quick check around your area, attempt to kill anyone there. If you want more protection, use a claymore

Go out of your scope, do a quick check around your area, attempt to kill anyone there. If you want more protection, use a claymore

If he does that he could miss some one walking through the area he was scoping. The claymore can be walked around, shot, or hacked. The same goes for the motion detector, unfortunately I have never used it, so I don't know how it alerts you, but I'm assuming it is through the minimap which is not visible to the sniper.

MP,

-i like the game. yes there are things that could be touched up but they'll be fixed soon enough.

ZOMBIES,

-my problem is that the flamethrower did not make a return to zombies :( i mean come on it was a as much of a wunder weopon as a raygun or wuderwaffe... most of my strats required a flamethrower and now with it being gone (even from the original maps) i would rather pop WaW back in and enjoy em there.

-yeah zombies is deffinately harder but thats alright i guess. its in a different league of difficulty than the old maps

-one plus to this though is that the wuderwaffe glitch is fixed :) now i can actually use it on der riese

sorry for rant,

-FIW

my only gripes are that my disk freezes every 5 seconds of video for about 10 minutes and my audio (even on solo zombies) is Waaaay off on five as in you play Nacht style for about 10 minutes and then every line you're character would've said is blurted out all at once (if you know how to fix plz tell me)

look i can deal with the crapy spawning and shitty sounding weapons i bought the game and i like playing it but for them not to address the conectivity issues is just a slap in the face to the comsumer this is not the first time they have a released a hightly anticipated game so they should know that millions of people are gonna play online right away the lag is ridiculous and some times im waiting for 15 to 20 mins for a map to load WTF?