the things i love and hate about black ops.

vowellpuny

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the custom classes play to the new player...

No because all the best guns a re locked till you level up, and then you can buy them. The gun system has been the same has it has always been. High levels get advantages while new guys get raped.

Sorry mate that bulls**t. I can pwn most with the standard MP5k, I don't consider myself the best either. David Vonderhaar said himself that the standard classes have some of the best feeling weapons available, and he's right.

I will use the MP5k as my go to gun for my first prestige. I do like to experiment but I now do it in combat training.

Infact this gun with extended mags & sleight of hand is extremely effective.

I love the custom classes, it makes CoD so much more colourful and fun to play. The Emblem system is sweet, takes me back to Rage Racers emblems of old.

Regards Alpha.

hehe this i second, Black ops is the most Balanced cod game ive EVER played, i get owned buy levels 1 through 20 and im level 38, the MPk5 is beast and not evan over powerd just quick of the draw. Im sorry commander you still making a dead point...

My turn :)

I like:

The SP Campaign. It's the most interesting one we've had ever from a CoD game and was pretty much as action-packed and varied (if not more...) than the MW2 Campaign (one of the only things I liked about MW2...).

The extremely increased difficulty of zombies. Treyarch have finally found a balance between making zombies fun to all players and encouraging teamwork. Don't get me wrong, I loved the WaW maps, but admit it, you could get to, like, round 20 with 3 strangers with no mics. Now, you need to all have mics and good teamwork to get past round 10.

The extra sub-objectives in zombies. The maps are so packed full of things to do, which really increase the replayablility factor, something I love about them.

The Cod Points system. Some may not like it, but I think it's a great idea, in that it kind of balances MP between newbies and veterans, because, no matter how high level you are, you can't use a good gun without buying it first.

The complete customization available. Need I say more?

Most of the maps. Yeah, for the first time ever on a CoD game, I have no problems with ANY maps and like most of them! The only one I don't like as much as others is Jungle... but I haven't played that much so meh.

The killstreaks and perks. They killed Commando, OMA, Danger Close, Stopping Power, AC-130s AND Nukes! The most irritating perks and killstreaks are GONE! :D

Wager Matches. I LOVE Gun Game and Sharpshooter. One in the Chamber is really intense, because you know you need to make that one bullet count. Sticks and Stones... I haven't played that yet. But it looks fun! :)

Now, the things I don't like:

The RC-XD. It's a great killstreak and all, but it's range is far too big. I've been killed by an RC on Nuketown that was in an adjacent room to me... need I say more? Hopefully, Treyarch should fix this soon.

Glitchers. There aren't many glitches yet, but there's already a bunch of idiots abusing the glitches that have been found. :evil:

Common lagg issues. Whether this is the game or my internet, I don't know. But with millions of people playing at once, lagg is inevitable, right?

That's everything I like and dislike about Black Ops. With QSing, well I don't QS so I couldn't care less about that personally. The spawning isn't bad at all. And, come on, on Nuketown, the map is so small it's impossible to always spawn miles away from the enemies. A little tweaking and the spawning system will be near perfect.

everyone keeps moaning about the spawning, but i think its perfect just because you cannot get spawn whacked, i mean yeh maybe sometimes you get a bad spawn but its not like u spawn in the same spot 8-10 times and get spawn whacked like moderwarfail this game is so perfect.

Jungle, Domination. I spawned in the exact same spot and got killed by the exact same guy 11 times in a row.

After playing it for over a week, I have a better understanding of the game and here are things I really like about this game:

1. customization - there is tons of it

2. favorite ARs are silenced Galil, ak47 with RDS, and the g11(best for long range), favorite smgs - ak74u with extended mags and the Kiparis with grip

3. maps comes in all shapes and sizes, good variety

4. wager matches - not really good with one-in-the-chamber, but I like all of them, current favorite is sharpshooter

5. codpoints system, I am no longer penalized by being a low level, so many things are available, i just choose what I want, when I want it

6. zombies - played it a little, but I do love the new maps, just into the MP side of BO right now

there are many many things I love about this game, but the above are favorites

7. very glad that QS is much more difficult to do

things I don't like:

1. spawns - while it is easy to understand that on small maps the spawn system will be very erractic and hard to determine once your team is spread out on it, however the spawns on the bigger maps just sometimes don't make any sense. too many times enemies will spawn right behind me, they kill me and move to my position, then I spawn right where they just spawned at, I kill them, move up to where they just were, then they spawn behind me again, and again, and again, and again...

here is a video of a great example of what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihokTlcwUs

BUT, according to david vonderhaar, it is supposed to be addressed in an upcoming patch

2. almost no sounds with footsteps and it doesn't matter what perk you are using. supposed to be addressed in upcoming patch as well

3. LMGs - these guns are really there for people to use when they want something more challenging, otherwise they just don't make sense.

for example, the stoner makes you move very slow, has fair amount of recoil, does same damage as most ARs, but you get hardly any ammo with it! lmgs are supposed to be slow moving sprayers and youcan't do that without ammo

4. Hopefully when they release the patch, that it will take away the ability to vote for "previous" map. Every other game I get into is being voted for nuketown. so I stay around and play it, game ends, and guess what, they vote for it again, and again, I leave after that, and this happens with firing range as well. Just show us what the next one is or give us option for random, just not "previous", or at the very least limit how many times you can do a previous map.

Why is everyone complaining about zombies? It's more tactical than it was before and involves doing somethin other than just camping. The reason why the PAP is like that is so there is no more 3 gun glitches. The crawlers are pretty cool too because they are another choice besides the regular crawlers because they don't require grenades but have deadly smoke surrounding them.

The multiplayer is pretty good too. It has balanced guns, awesome customization, and is just really fun. Sure it has some bad things like the lag, and the cod points could be better, but other than that its pretty damn fun!