the things i love and hate about black ops.

vowellpuny

lets start with the things i love. right now, i LOVE the fact that i can use practically any gun, and still get kills with it. this game is so balanced that it is ALMOST perfect. that being said, the RC-XD is just a little overpowered. back to the things i like, i love being able to play this game without raging all the time. it seems like no matter my K/D, i never rage. my cumulitive K/D is like .60 or .70 or so, and i don't even care. in mw2, i would get so mad because everyone used the same gun. but here, for some reason, its just so much FUN!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A what we like and dislike? I'm in.... consider that I've only played this on the Xbox so far, and that's not my good console.

Like:

1) Gun Game.

2) Quick Scoping is not gone...trust me.

3) Purchasing everything with CP (except guns).

4) Customization.

Dislike:

1) All the guns I've used so far suck, I'm level 13 right now, so I haven't gotten to unlock a lot of things, but I have picked them up.

2) The spawns are terrible.

3) I keep having the same maps played over and over again.

4) I don't like zombies, the maps, the new crawler things, having to teleport to PAP every time, pretty much all of it but the guns.

5) I'm having the same lagging problems that I had in WaW, but never had with MW or MW2.

6) I personally don't like having to purchase the guns after you unlock them, but I think purchasing everything else is pretty good.

7) Dead Ops Arcade is pretty lame...I don't see the point at all.

I haven't had a chance to play the SP yet, so I can't say anything about that, but over all, I'm a bit dissapointed, of course I'm expecting patches to fix some of this, and, again, I haven't played PS3 yet, so I can't give the viewpoint from my good console. I will most likely edit this post after I've had a chance to play it on PS3 tomorrow.

I completely hate the cod points system. It doesn't make a difference if unlock only one gun at time and then never use it. It's just like the other CODs, what they said they wouldn't do. It is only good for the customization to an extent because you can buy a lot of things but the fact that you have to level up to unlock certain parts defeats the purpose.

Love

MP: Famas, every feature except what is in "Hate".

Zombies: Return of old characters, Weapons, Map Size, Outdoors, New pickups

Hate

MP: Spawning, Gun balance, RC-XD, Quickscopers.

Zombies: Crawling things, PAP teleporting,

Pentagon thief

, lack of originality.

how do you hate the gun balance? so far it seems very balanced to me. and to respond to another comment, yes i have seen a lot of ak74u but that doesn't mean it is any better than the gun im using. its just a gun that a lot of people like to use. in previous games, the gun that everyone used was OP, but in this game a lot of people are just using the gun. it is still kind of early to tell if this game is balanced, but so far the only problems i see are spawning and the RC-XD

everyone keeps moaning about the spawning, but i think its perfect just because you cannot get spawn whacked, i mean yeh maybe sometimes you get a bad spawn but its not like u spawn in the same spot 8-10 times and get spawn whacked like moderwarfail this game is so perfect.

That exact thing happened to 3 times in a row in one match and in the second match it happened 5 times in a row. In the wager matches I learned to always run to my sides instead of straight ahead because it always spawns people on the sides of each other. Stop being a sheep.

the spawning on nuketown is a bit questionable sometimes but iv found its ok!

iv seen everyone using the m16 which is a bit annoying.

i do like the new weapons you can get on zombies... and the difficulty of it too! as with the WAW levels it was easy to get up high (die riese) but getting past 10 sometimes can be difficult! saying that i dont like the teleporting to the pap all the time, it takes too long to do, having to do loads of other things in order to get there... seems alot to do if you want to PAP in the middle of a round or something.

lol a sheep? stop sucking at BO's....

I was spawn killed. I didn't have a chance to fight. This wasn't even on Nuketown for me. Also it is impossible to do anything while at a low level because all the perks and default classes suck and you can't hear anything that happens around you, which leads to your sudden death despite the fact your killer was a short distance away and was using a supposedly lowed gun. The removal of kill streak kills counting towards kill streaks encourages camping because eleven kills is a large distance to go especially considering the worse tools to get you there. Even if I do suck, which is slightly true, the game still needs to be open to newer players which it isn't.

A what we like and dislike? I'm in.... consider that I've only played this on the Xbox so far, and that's not my good console.

Like:

1) Gun Game.

4) Customization.

Dislike:

1) All the guns I've used so far suck, I'm level 13 right now, so I haven't gotten to unlock a lot of things, but I have picked them up.

4) I don't like zombies, the maps, the new crawler things, having to teleport to PAP every time, pretty much all of it but the guns.

5) I'm having the same lagging problems that I had in WaW, but never had with MW or MW2.

6) I personally don't like having to purchase the guns after you unlock them, but I think purchasing everything else is pretty good.

I haven't had a chance to play the SP yet, so I can't say anything about that, but over all, I'm a bit dissapointed, of course I'm expecting patches to fix some of this, and, again, I haven't played PS3 yet, so I can't give the viewpoint from my good console. I will most likely edit this post after I've had a chance to play it on PS3 tomorrow.

the guns are good, they just recoil more (which is good). i have never played the same map twice in under three hours. also, it might be that because people vote for nuketown as much as possible. The new zombies rock, you just need to learn how to do stuff other than camp. get a circuit going and teleport to the projection box and spam grenades. i like the new gun system, and dead ops is kinda boring, but its just an extra. and yes, it lags like hell because it sometimes gives the person with the worst connection host.

I have found very few things to dislike about black ops so far and it is an awesome game :)

However, there are a few things that have really annoyed me:

-Matchmaking is terrible for me for some reason as almost every game i have joined i have had terrible connection and it has taken ages to matchmake - even though i have really decent internet.

-LAST STAND! i have seen so many people using this now that its readily available from the very start. and its really annoying when i shoot enough rounds into someone to kill them twice and they still drop to the ground and shoot me before i have time to aim downwards.

-MW2 noobs on zombies that have no clue what to do and dont have mics - (I played a match the other day and two of my teammates got downed 3 times before the end of round 2...)

Those are my only annoyances so far.

the custom classes play to the new player...

No because all the best guns a re locked till you level up, and then you can buy them. The gun system has been the same has it has always been. High levels get advantages while new guys get raped.

Sorry mate that bulls**t. I can pwn most with the standard MP5k, I don't consider myself the best either. David Vonderhaar said himself that the standard classes have some of the best feeling weapons available, and he's right.

I will use the MP5k as my go to gun for my first prestige. I do like to experiment but I now do it in combat training.

Infact this gun with extended mags & sleight of hand is extremely effective.

I love the custom classes, it makes CoD so much more colourful and fun to play. The Emblem system is sweet, takes me back to Rage Racers emblems of old.

Regards Alpha.

Like:

1) Gun Game.

4) Customization.

Dislike:

first of all ps3 sucks and zombies r great! if u dont like it go back to mw2 u fraken nube!

Like:

1) Gun Game.

4) Customization.

Dislike:

first of all ps3 sucks and zombies r great! if u dont like it go back to mw2 u fraken nube!

You're comment is riddled with fail.

you "fraken nube"

Like:

1) Gun Game.

4) Customization.

Dislike:

1) I like PS3 better...so no it doesn't suck for me, you can have your opinion, and I will have mine, deal with it.

2) I've liked every call of duty I've played 3, 4, 5, 6, but this one...i've liked the least from just starting it, however I'm getting more used to it, and am liking it more.

3) For the zombies, it is A LOT harder, I absolutely can't do it with randoms, I need to get friends to play, and I can never get friends to join when I ask, so I have problems with zombies. I've played probably about 10 times and have not gotten past round 8.

4) There's no need for flaming dude, keep your opinions to yourself, and don't call names...that is all.