Updated Der Riese findings so far

SHORTZ

Well me and my brother played the updated version of Der Riese this morning and i decided to have a poke around and see if i could find any more easter eggs. While i wasn't very successful on that front, i did notice a few new things as well as some cool things about the Black Ops guns.

We opened all doors, linked all teleporters and activated the fly trap. This was where i first noticed something interesting. After activating the fly trap we shot the teddy in the cage and the monkey bomb in the furnace, but we couldnt find the teddy with the knife in the window for some odd reason - perhaps it has been moved to some place else... The other thing i noticed was that some of the boards look slightly different (I had no pictures of the original boards on hand at the time so it could just be the updated graphics made them seem different, but they seemed to have a few new things on them in places). Thats about all i found in the way of easter eggs so far, but mind you i wasnt really looking too hard and we didnt spend much time really trying to find things. Perhaps someone would like to look into that more...

As for other cool things we noticed:

>Quick Reload seems to make you run faster and for longer distances (I had an RPK at the start and i moved fairly slowly, but as soon as i bought the perk i seemed to run a lot quicker)

>The ray gun seems to do less splash damage than before

>You now restock betties with max ammo

>The PaP'd AUG has a shotgun attachment that is also PaP'd (It shoots red lazer shotgun ammo)

>I couldn't work out how to PaP Monkey Bombs or the Bowie Knife

>All the radios seem to still play the same recordings - There could be more but we didnt find them

Hope this info helps some people. Feel free to add your findings here too.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to disprove some of the things i said as i went back again to confirm them.

I was wrong about the third teddy, it is still there i just couldnt see it or shoot it the first time (it didnt say YOU WIN! GAME OVERRRRRRRR), but when i went back i shot there even though i couldnt see it and it did say i won :( rather disappointing as i thought that maybe i had something there.

• 1 month later...

There's an easily exploitable glitch on DR that I don't think was there in WAW. Idk if you guys know of it or not. You just jump on the top edge of the railing in the mp40 room(on the left when you're coming in) and the zombies can't get you so they just group up below. i really hope this gets patched, i hate when people glitch to the top of the leaderboards.