IGN's crappy review

PokeDanny10

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STORY SPOILERS

You're right, the numbers weren't played during the JFK meeting, which is why he didn't assassinate him there. He assassinated JFK later but before the events of the final level, hence why he is talking about Oswald during the second to last level.

As for the launch station, I have no idea what you are trying to say. The numbers are being broadcast from the station underneath the boat and are the trigger for the sleeper cells in the US to release the Nova 6. They are mental triggers and coded messages, that's what the numbers are.

I'm looking right now and I can't find any talk of Oswald. I remember when he strangles Dragovich at the end of the game he says, "You tried to make me kill my own president.". Tell me exactly which level because so far NUMBERS, PROJECT NOVA, WMD and the levels after it don't show it. The only thing that I saw was that he said the numbers made him kill Stiener, which could have happened because of the surgery mixed with his will and his meeting with Reznov could have more likely caused. He could have just said the numbers did it because he was insane during the interrogation. Also at the end Mason is seen defending JFK or at least being near one the rings of the CIA's presidential protection strategy when JFK lands, which means he could not have made it to the road where JFK was shot.

STORY SPOILERS

You're right, the numbers weren't played during the JFK meeting, which is why he didn't assassinate him there. He assassinated JFK later but before the events of the final level, hence why he is talking about Oswald during the second to last level.

As for the launch station, I have no idea what you are trying to say. The numbers are being broadcast from the station underneath the boat and are the trigger for the sleeper cells in the US to release the Nova 6. They are mental triggers and coded messages, that's what the numbers are.

I'm looking right now and I can't find any talk of Oswald. I remember when he strangles Dragovich at the end of the game he says, "You tried to make me kill my own president.". Tell me exactly which level because so far NUMBERS, PROJECT NOVA, WMD and the levels after it don't show it. The only thing that I saw was that he said the numbers made him kill Stiener, which could have happened because of the surgery mixed with his will and his meeting with Reznov could have more likely caused. He could have just said the numbers did it because he was insane during the interrogation. Also at the end Mason is seen defending JFK or at least being near one the rings of the CIA's presidential protection strategy when JFK lands, which means he could not have made it to the road where JFK was shot.

Second to last level (Revelations I believe it is called), when you are stumbling through the hallway Mason says the line "Oswald...has been compromised!".

Also, when Mason says "You tried to make me kill my own president.", Dragovich's next line something like "What do you mean, tried" which implies that Mason actually succeeded in assassinating Kennedy. Mason isn't part of the security detail at the end...he is in the crowd to kill him. Hudson even says (again, on the second to last level) that there were several periods where Mason went dark and they didn't know where he was. Well...he was busy assassinating the President before the events at Rebirth Island. Look at the dates on the missions and compare them to when JFK was shot. It all lines up.

Seriously, most of the plot comes together in the second to last level. Just replay that and you'll realize that not only did Dragovich program Mason to kill JFK, Reznov also implanted the suggestion to kill Dragovich, Kravchenko and Steiner.

No CoD to date has had a story this complex. The fact that two people got completely different ideas of what was happening only supports that fact.

STORY SPOILERS

Second to last level (Revelations I believe it is called), when you are stumbling through the hallway Mason says the line "Oswald...has been compromised!".

Also, when Mason says "You tried to make me kill my own president.", Dragovich's next line something like "What do you mean, tried" which implies that Mason actually succeeded in assassinating Kennedy. Mason isn't part of the security detail at the end...he is in the crowd to kill him. Hudson even says (again, on the second to last level) that there were several periods where Mason went dark and they didn't know where he was. Well...he was busy assassinating the President before the events at Rebirth Island. Look at the dates on the missions and compare them to when JFK was shot. It all lines up.

Seriously, most of the plot comes together in the second to last level. Just replay that and you'll realize that not only did Dragovich program Mason to kill JFK, Reznov also implanted the suggestion to kill Dragovich, Kravchenko and Steiner.

No CoD to date has had a story this complex. The fact that two people got completely different ideas of what was happening only supports that fact.

Okay I looked. I didn't notice it because I only looked at the cut scences and when I first played through the campaign I didn't have subtitles on so I never knew when someone was talking. The campaign isn't complex though. It only had one twist and is easiably understood if you hear it and keep track of the dates. Nova gas is a stupid idea. Chemical gasses had existed for a long time already and did the same thing. Mason killing JFK makes no sense because the shots that hit JFK and the governor could only be made from Oswald's window which Mason could never reach in time from his position. The story is still stupid.

Mason killing JFK makes no sense because the shots that hit JFK and the governor could only be made from Oswald's window which Mason could never reach in time from his position.

Well, the thing about the JFK Assassination is that, even though we know Oswald carried out the assassination, he wasn't the mastermind.

As for how he could reach Oswald in time, that part confuses me; I always had this impression that whatever was implanted in Mason enabled him to have some "telepathic" link of sorts....maybe it had something to do with all those numbers.

The fact that a lot of it is subtle leaves a lot to the imagination. The presentation of the ending was at least creepy, and comes to a full circle of sorts in that a lot of the JFK references on GKNOVA6.com finally make sense, as if the whole game had to do with JFK, though it's hard to comprehend that it did.

Mason killing JFK makes no sense because the shots that hit JFK and the governor could only be made from Oswald's window which Mason could never reach in time from his position.

Well, the thing about the JFK Assassination is that, even though we know Oswald carried out the assassination, he wasn't the mastermind.

As for how he could reach Oswald in time, that part confuses me; I always had this impression that whatever was implanted in Mason enabled him to have some "telepathic" link of sorts....maybe it had something to do with all those numbers.

The fact that a lot of it is subtle leaves a lot to the imagination. The presentation of the ending was at least creepy, and comes to a full circle of sorts in that a lot of the JFK references on GKNOVA6.com finally make sense, as if the whole game had to do with JFK, though it's hard to comprehend that it did.

I'm taking it as Mason was the shooter, not Oswald.

• 2 months later...

Dont worry about the review, it doesnt matter. All of the people at these sites like IGN, Gameloft, Game Ratings, ect., they don't just look at the gameplay, they look at EVERYHING! If you look at game ratings, or book ratings, or movie ratings, all the official sites give the games/books/movies 7-8, maybe a 8.9-9 if they're lucky, but the actual gamers give them 9-10s. So dont feel to bad, when I look at a review, I always take the score, and add at least 1. That's ususally the real score. I mean, Brotherhood only got 8.6, and have you seen the gameplay?!! I mean, first, it's like looking at a Blu-ray movie. Second, online is sooo coool. And finally, the maps graphics were the best Ive ever seen on a TPS

If you look at game ratings, or book ratings, or movie ratings, all the official sites give the games/books/movies 7-8, maybe a 8.9-9 if they're lucky, but the actual gamers give them 9-10s. So dont feel to bad, when I look at a review, I always take the score, and add at least 1. That's ususally the real score.

Oh cool, so Uncharted 2 got a score of 10.5 :lol:

Well, it deserves it anyway. Don't know why it didn't get a 10 when there was almost no criticism for it at all. But I'm getting off-topic.

Oh wait, I don't have any on-topic stuff to say. :roll: