IGN's crappy review

PokeDanny10

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, 8.5?!?!? Modern warfail 2 got an 9.5. SRLY, IGN?! I think IGN hates Treyarch, because W@W was awesome, better than MW. IGN, you fail!

Absolutley!!! I wasnt surprised that IGN gave that score, but i was just pissed. But theyre not the only ones. Eurogamer gave it a 8/10. All the other reviewers gave them 9 or higher, or 5 out of 5 stars. So yeah i think they have beef with treyarch. Or they're getting paid by infinity ward on the side, and giving a lower score. This has happened before. Eidos did it with the first Kane and lynch. They told him to give it higher score. The reviewer said no and ended up giving it a 6.5 and got fired for it.

Why are people hating on this game? I love this game! I cant remember the last COD that that was this EPIC.....Oh wait its cald W@W!! And i am almost positive it did better than mw2.....why? Probably cause there is almost a million people on ps3 on this game. How many on mw2 you ask? About 300,000. :lol: And thats just on ps3! :lol:

Gamespot says 9.0 and it's No.1 on the chart, personally I'd give it a 10.

Screw IGN, CoD Blacks OPs is a great game, you get so much stuff even in the standard version.

Mw2 is a poor relative compared to what Black Ops has to offer.

Treyarch had raised the bar and kept the series interesting and fresh.

Regards Snake.

P.s. Not one rage quit in MP for me yet. ;)

So far, I haven't been having fun while I play. The maps aren't exciting to me and when I play wager matches I get far worse spawns than I have ever gotten in MW2.

I'm also a little bit dissapointed with this game, the spawns are terrible, i can't find a weapon that's good, i don't like Kino Der Toten, i have the same lag problems that i had in WaW, which i never had in CoD 4 or Modern Warfare 2.

Mind you I'm only level 11, and i've only played it on the xbox...not my favorite console, so idk...it could just be that, but that doesn't have anything the spawns, i can sit there and watch the people spawn....then they'll kill me, and then i'll spawn right where i just saw them spawn. They better come out with some patches to fix the spawns at least soon.

F ign and their stupid low rating review.

I absolutely am having a great time playing this game.

Wager matches are a blast, my favorite is gun game.

I am loving Barebones tdm, core mtdm, and CTF mtdm. Nuketown does get pretty intense because it is so small, matches go very quickly, SMGs are going to be a better choice for this map.

Zombies - I love this new map Kino der Toten, reminds me a lot of der riese, just a lot bigger. Variety of zombies(ones that give off noxious gas) and guns = fun times, so far I have made it to round 9 in a group.

doa - a very unexpected but fun game, I can't get past round 6

sp - because the online portion of it is so fun, and that there is so much to do, I haven't even peeked at it yet.

Guest Nzvder33

A lot of people on the CoDHQ are hating on the game, mainly because of the (apparently) horrible graphics. I dont know if they are just gay but you can check for yourself if you want.

From youtube videos i have seen, graphics look awesome, and thats just in 720p

imo graphics would be a 8/10 or 9/10 it cant rank 10 cause it doesnt have those OMG!!! moments(if you played god of war 3 you know what i mean)

but seriously who cares about graphics in games that are this fast paced.

theres nothing overpowered, nothing unbalanced and nothing helping noobs(example; juggernaut,matyrdom,and Commando)

i dont care about the haters cause they all belong to the same sh**ty group.

either theyre commando runners,quickscopers,10 year olds,noobtubers,and so on.many of these people have never experienced a game with recoil.

i would give black ops a 9,5-10 because its the best game ive played,but only time will tell if it can keep that score

So far, I haven't been having fun while I play. The maps aren't exciting to me and when I play wager matches I get far worse spawns than I have ever gotten in MW2.

I'm also a little bit dissapointed with this game, the spawns are terrible, i can't find a weapon that's good, i don't like Kino Der Toten, i have the same lag problems that i had in WaW, which i never had in CoD 4 or Modern Warfare 2.

Mind you I'm only level 11, and i've only played it on the xbox...not my favorite console, so idk...it could just be that, but that doesn't have anything the spawns, i can sit there and watch the people spawn....then they'll kill me, and then i'll spawn right where i just saw them spawn. They better come out with some patches to fix the spawns at least soon.

Also a on the day of release Optic, or whatever his name is, had made a quickscoping video. One thing that I really hate is that the campaign is complete garbage. The story doesn't make sense, the friendly AI is horrible, I have never seen them ever give effective cover fire or even shoot a single enemy on their own.

I mean, 8.5?!?!? Modern warfail 2 got an 9.5. SRLY, IGN?! I think IGN hates Treyarch, because W@W was awesome, better than MW. IGN, you fail!

Really? :shock:

No, seriously; I didn't read any game reviews for COD:BO. I beat the game last night at 6:46PM CST and, as far as I'm concerned, COD:BO is incredible. I believe that developing a COD game is a "call of duty" in itself, and I feel that Treyarch went above & beyond the call of duty for this one.

I should read IGN's review later at some point, but for all I know I think there is some bias going on in IGN, at least in concern to (possibly) which developer is making the COD game. If the COD game came from IW, the review will be near-10 on the scale, whereas if it's from any other company, it will be lower than whatever IW's COD's score....

....what can I say? Even videogame reviews have corruption.

My biggest problem with game is the idiotic COD points system. You unlock the privilege to buy 1 gun and then you need to get the money to buy the gun. I'd rather have a gun I don't like unlocked than have no gun at all. Not having things unlocked makes me feel like I'm wasting my time by playing. I also hate that shotguns are primary again. They feel like a waste of time to use. I liked using them to storm buildings while using my rifle to get to the building safely. The only thing Treyarch got right was customization and wager matches. The basic multiplayer brings nothing new except for a few things here and there.

Commander is trollin...

And IGN is a big bag of FAIL. They give the most stupidest reviews and are biased as f@#*. Like I said on the chat a few months ago...

"IGN's Official Call of Duty: Black Ops Review

Xbox 360: 8.5 Great game, solid story...but made by Treyarch and not IW

PS3: 6.5. I didn't like the controller, and the 3D is irritating. (even though it is optional). Plus the TV is Sony so i gotta give it a lower score right?"

Commander is trollin...

And IGN is a big bag of FAIL. They give the most stupidest reviews and are biased as f@#*. Like I said on the chat a few months ago...

PS3: 6.5. I didn't like the controller, and the 3D is irritating. (even though it is optional). Plus the TV is Sony so i gotta give it a lower score right?"

I'm not trolling. Prove me wrong with facts if I'm actually wrong. The story also makes no sense. Why would they teach Mason the meaning of the numbers? Also part of the reason it didn't get a 9 or 10 was because it brought nothing new to multiplayer. It is basically the same as other CODs.

Commander is trollin...

I'm not trolling. Prove me wrong with facts if I'm actually wrong. The story also makes no sense. Why would they teach Mason the meaning of the numbers? Also part of the reason it didn't get a 9 or 10 was because it brought nothing new to multiplayer. It is basically the same as other CODs.

STORY SPOILERS FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The story actually has plot twists and is well thought out, which may be why most people can't understand it. They "Taught" Mason the numbers because they were attempting to brainwash him. The number sequence is a mental trigger that activates pre-programmed behavior. They brainwashed Mason to assassinate JFK. If you paid attention to the story, all this is revealed.

Commander is trollin...

STORY SPOILERS FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The story actually has plot twists and is well thought out, which may be why most people can't understand it. They "Taught" Mason the numbers because they were attempting to brainwash him. The number sequence is a mental trigger that activates pre-programmed behavior. They brainwashed Mason to assassinate JFK. If you paid attention to the story, all this is revealed.

I did pay attention to the story. The numbers meant the launch station. The mental trigger for assassination would have to be JFK himself because the numbers were not played at all during the meeting.

STORY SPOILERS

You're right, the numbers weren't played during the JFK meeting, which is why he didn't assassinate him there. He assassinated JFK later but before the events of the final level, hence why he is talking about Oswald during the second to last level.

As for the launch station, I have no idea what you are trying to say. The numbers are being broadcast from the station underneath the boat and are the trigger for the sleeper cells in the US to release the Nova 6. They are mental triggers and coded messages, that's what the numbers are.