PS3 Users Get Screwed- AGAIN!

KNO1ATALL

Well hello ya'll, sorry to deliver bad news but we PS3 users are now getting screwed again. You remember, a long time ago, when Activision made a deal that all XBOX users get all COD: dlc earlier then PS3 users until 2012? Well yeah, remember how pissed off you were then?

What I'm about to tell you has no spoilers, and is certainly not a game-breaker, but is certainly pisses me off. Earlier today on the COD HQ a new intel was posted, stating that for Split-Screen Online, you can sign in with two Xbox Live Gold-Accounts, or Two PSN-ID's. Unfortunately, that changed. Xbox users can still sign in with two Gold accounts, but PS3 users no longer can. On PS3, you can only sign in as a guest. You start out at level one, and slowly rank up, progress, and unlock things. Once you log off, it all resets. David Vonderhaar has stated that he does not know why this has occured.

I know it's not SUPER-IMPORTANT, but it still pisses me off. Why all the hate on PS3 users? I don't get it. But I thought I'd just let you know that. Here is the link to the now-edited post: http://callofduty.com/intel/407

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think we are going to see any patches in the future or before launch that fixes this. Chances are very slim. Double PSN login has been done before with Resistance 2 and LBP. There are a couple others. Perhaps the "maintenance" for PSN is to enable this feature. I doubt it though.

To me this is a big deal as me and my friend like to hook up at each others houses and always wished that we could go split screen online. Fair enough they gave us the ability but to offer the 360 something that the PS3 can also do, and not offer us it, is frankly BS. I am dissapoint

This is what Vahn had to say in reply to the question: Why can't PS3 have dual online accounts on split screen?

DavidVonderhaar @Sun730 I am working on that with engineering. Going to take some time. Suspect it is a PSN thing but need to research it. about 17 hours ago  in reply to Sun730

I don't own a PS3, but it sounds like they are working on maybe getting it patched in for you guys.

This is what Vahn had to say in reply to the question: Why can't PS3 have dual online accounts on split screen?

DavidVonderhaar @Sun730 I am working on that with engineering. Going to take some time. Suspect it is a PSN thing but need to research it. about 17 hours ago  in reply to Sun730

I don't own a PS3, but it sounds like they are working on maybe getting it patched in for you guys.

I doubt it...seriously

well, i take it as a huge slap in the face that they SAID I COULD LOG 2 ACCOUNTS IN, but then went back and said, oh wait our mistake. WHY WOULD YOU PUT THE INFO OUT JUST TO TAKE IT BACK!!! YOU MUST BE SURE!!! i can't find myself using this feature often, but its still kind of annoying. i hope vahn was telling the truth about him working on it..

All I have to say is......"why am I not suprised?"....

I've always sat on Sony's side of the fence and have no intention of jumping ship, but please sort it out.

The PS Store is pretty awful, we get screwed over with DLC, screwed over with things such as this which are not even a difficult thing to include, we are loosing all our exclusives bar one or two....

It doesn't matter who is responsible for this, Activision, Treyarch or Sony....the buck stops with Sony. They need to pull their finger out before they fall even further behind what the 360 is offering on a game to game basis, if that means coughing up money to Publishing companies, so be it, I'll happily pay £50 a year for online gameplay.

:x

All I have to say is......"why am I not suprised?"....

I've always sat on Sony's side of the fence and have no intention of jumping ship, but please sort it out.

The PS Store is pretty awful, we get screwed over with DLC, screwed over with things such as this which are not even a difficult thing to include, we are loosing all our exclusives bar one or two....

It doesn't matter who is responsible for this, Activision, Treyarch or Sony....the buck stops with Sony. They need to pull their finger out before they fall even further behind what the 360 is offering on a game to game basis, if that means coughing up money to Publishing companies, so be it, I'll happily pay £50 a year for online gameplay.

:x

Im with you you would think a company like Sony has enough money they sell butt loads of stuff Tvs,radios,computers etc If they really wanted to be a legit gaming company they need to start throwing money out to get exclusives.

The PS3 is a fantastic console, why not use it to it's full potential. I was annyoed when they said they were going to make the XBOX and the PS3 the same graphics. Why not turn Black Ops PS3's graphics up. It can handle it! Also, PS3 users are also more likely to play with friends round eachother's houses, XBOXers never having actually spoken to someone in their lives unless it involves a microphone. I may sound biased but my Dad has an XBOX and it's funny watching him. His tongue hangs out when he plays Halo. It's funny. :lol:

I really hope LittleBigPlanet stays as an exclusive...

Edit: I just remembered the Xbox can't handle LittleBigPlanet,

I'm not trying to rub it in I'm just saying..

Lol they cant handle LBP? I don't like when people say they are they same when no gaming company has made a game using the full capacity of the ps3.

It isnt on Sony's end LBP, Resistance 2 and a few other games had dual PSN logins. Theres no reason why Black Ops cant. Its either a Treyarch/Activision thing. I would not pay to play online. The internet bill is what that is for. I can understand paying for extra content (PS+) and thats fine.

Sony did right not to charge us for online play, something which is free on the PC, why shouldnt it be for a console? Thats bullshit that Micro$oft charge people to play online when they already pay their internet bills.

And I dont mind having to wait a little extra for maps to come to the PS3. All the glitches are fixed by then and also, Micro$oft are just wasting money on things like this. I mean come on, do they really benefit financially by getting a few overpriced maps earlier than PS3 users?

Sony are being smart and show that they aren't the ones to jump on the bandwagon and start throwing money at companies even though they are one of the major entertainment co-orporations in the world. WAAY bigger than Micro$oft.

im not mad about the 2 psn things but the fact that were are being left behind AGAIN, if dlc's are brought out late we will have to let xbox get all the clue first while we do nothing, what the point of having a COD community when u dont give a dam about the community at all?

(u dont know how hard it was not to swear through out this :P)

It's definitely something they could fix if they wanted to. there's no reason for it to be like this in the first place, that's what I don't get. Resistance 2 allows 2 signed in accounts split screen, BUT that didn't happen at launch. It happened several months later through a patch. It did happen before the game was out a whole year though.

A couple other games that allow multiple users online from one console are Haze(split screen, no idea if there's dual log in) and Castle Crashers(single screen, no dual log in)

Every game should have split screen online. there's no point not to.

Well, since I don't have someone with me to sign in with me to my PS3, I guess I'm not so bothered by this.

I do agree with the sentiment concerning us PS3 users getting the short end of the stick. However there are at least a couple "reasons" for this:

1.) Treyarch and Infinity Ward usually design their COD games using Xbox 360 devkits, and when they're all done they transfer it to the PS3 format. The same could be said about all American/Western videogame manufacturers.

2.) Xbox 360 users get their good deals before us PS3 users, one reason being that they pay for their online accounts and we PS3'ers get our online accounts for free (though there is PlayStation Plus, but as far as I know that program only offers privileges such as discounts and possible beta invites like what happened for Killzone 3, which I never noticed until a few nights ago).

BD-ROM can hold more than the Xbox 360's format, but if they decided to put more content into the PS3 version, it creates an "inequality"; we get more than the Xbox 360 users, and they will complain. Generally, a company ports a game to the current generation of home consoles, intent on delivering the same content as each other. Handheld consoles obviously appear very different from the Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii versions, but that's because of technical limitations and what-not.

Above all else, though, Xbox 360 is more mainstream than the PS3. Despite the PS3's price drop last year, which should lead to far more sales of the PS3, I think a "status quo" has been established about the Xbox 360, one that won't change for a long time.....that, and example #1 I mentioned above.

I'm no fanboy, but sometimes I think being a PS3 gamer has unfair aspects in life. :(