Little known PS3 multiplayer information

Robash

Via ask jd (i pressume) some possibly unknown PS3 multiplayer info has been released ..

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support

Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:

You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. “JD_2020” & “JD_2020(1)”).

Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

You can bring a second, full PSN account online!

Both players with full PSN ID’s can rank up while playing together in split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

Custom Games Editor

Allow me to introduce the Black Ops Custom Games Editor! Private matches have never been this customizable. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear are available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the “honor system.”

Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community to browse, download, and enjoy. You just might create the most addictive new game mode of all time from the comfort of your own living room!

In-Game Friends List

We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in game user interface. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records – all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy

Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige

This one is pretty cut-and-dried. A frequently asked question is, “Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige?” The answer is “NO!” Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, and so forth.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know I'm lookin forward to playing split screen online... And it seems us mere PS3 users now get many of the benefits of xbox live... With no subsctiption!

:wootwootsmiley:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Looks like when I have friends over we won't have to take turns playing. Not to mention he can sign in under his account.

Though I'm interested in seeing how this would work. Because in a game like Search and Destory, when one person is dead, they could be their "third eye" in a sense. For example, looking around a corner for them while view them in third person. Even just view another player on your team helps a bit. Lol I don't know if I'm making sense with what I'm saying. Anyone get what I mean? D:

Nice. Looks like when I have friends over we won't have to take turns playing. Not to mention he can sign in under his account.

Though I'm interested in seeing how this would work. Because in a game like Search and Destory, when one person is dead, they could be their "third eye" in a sense. For example, looking around a corner for them while view them in third person. Even just view another player on your team helps a bit. Lol I don't know if I'm making sense with what I'm saying. Anyone get what I mean? D:

the third eye thing would be good but wouldnt that be cheating?

also people with 2 remotes would just let one die and use it as a cheat

the third eye thing would be good but wouldnt that be cheating?

also people with 2 remotes would just let one die and use it as a cheat

Lol that's what I mean. I would think that would be cheating. That's why I'm interested to see how they will deal with this.

I was thinking maybe it would be like what they did in Zombies (WaW) when you did split screen. When you died the screen got bigger for the other player. But I always found that weird and would throw me off for those few seconds. And in a game like S&D it could be at the wrong time (aka shooting someone).

Im liking sound of custom game editor - being able to create own private settings (down to what guns people can and can't use). You never know, a modded gametype could become as popular as other normal gametypes. Will give people the chance to be creative with 'new game modes' and share them with fileshare.

Personally Im going to try and make some sort of Team Snipers Mode :roll:

Yes, both systems will have SplitScreen online.

not so sure why everyone on twitter is happy know, this has been known since back at the multiplayer reveal.

I also believe this may be the first Ps3 game to have this ability

well it was updated..... you can't have 2 psn accounts on anymore for black ops, they changed it so they just log in as guest. but it wouldn't be the first, Resistance 2 allowed 2 psn accounts at once.

Yeah it's stupid that having 2 separate online accounts is XBOX only right now. What gives? How can they do that? It's not DLC :| My friends want to be able to save their progress without having to load a level 1 guest account on the PS3 every dang time. That's a major handicap when they might only play for a half hour at a time.

And as vowellpuny said, having 2 PSN IDs signed into one console simultaneously is not something new. I used it with friends all the time on Resistance 2.

This better be something that's patched very shortly after launch. There's no reason for pulling this crap.

Via ask jd (i pressume) some possibly unknown PS3 multiplayer info has been released ..

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support

Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer – the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise!

The Facts:

You can connect a second controller and bring a guest online (i.e. “JD_2020” & “JD_2020(1)”).

Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc – all guest progress goes away once signed out.

You can bring a second, full PSN account online!

Both players with full PSN ID’s can rank up while playing together in split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

Custom Games Editor

Allow me to introduce the Black Ops Custom Games Editor! Private matches have never been this customizable. Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear are available. You want a Pistols Only match? Make one! No longer do custom game modes rely on the “honor system.”

Furthermore, any Custom Game you create and configure can be placed in your File Share, for friends and the community to browse, download, and enjoy. You just might create the most addictive new game mode of all time from the comfort of your own living room!

In-Game Friends List

We’ve integrated a built-in Friends List into the in game user interface. You’ll be able to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, Combat Records – all within this in-game menu system designed to streamline the social process within the game. Sending game invites and joining Friends’ games has never been simpler than in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy

Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you’re at in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via an even simpler built-in in-game Friends List interface, we’ll allow a Party leader to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even Close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.

Emblems Do NOT Reset with Prestige

This one is pretty cut-and-dried. A frequently asked question is, “Will my kickass emblem I spent hours perfecting be lost when I prestige?” The answer is “NO!” Emblems are one of the only aspects of Black Ops MP that do not get a full reset upon entering Prestige. Things that will reset when you Prestige are: XP, COD Points, Challenge progressions, Loadouts, and so forth.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know I'm lookin forward to playing split screen online... And it seems us mere PS3 users now get many of the benefits of xbox live... With no subsctiption!

:wootwootsmiley:

Dammit after i posted that link in chat i SPECIFICALLY said if anyone is making a thread about it give me credit...

Sadly you cant use two PSN profiles in Split-Screen :cry:

I think you got the facts wrong Robash. I saw on the official CoDHQ intel that it said:

The Facts:

You can connect a 2nd controller and bring a Guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").

Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc -- all Guest progress goes away once signed out.

(Xbox 360 only) You can bring a 2nd, Gold Xbox LIVE account online!

(Xbox 360 only) Both players with full online accounts can rank-up while playing split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

That is what it said. Note the Xbox 360 only in brackets. :cry: This is BS

Sadly you cant use two PSN profiles in Split-Screen :cry:

I think you got the facts wrong Robash. I saw on the official CoDHQ intel that it said:

The Facts:

You can connect a 2nd controller and bring a Guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").

Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc -- all Guest progress goes away once signed out.

(Xbox 360 only) You can bring a 2nd, Gold Xbox LIVE account online!

(Xbox 360 only) Both players with full online accounts can rank-up while playing split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

That is what it said. Note the Xbox 360 only in brackets. :cry: This is BS

That's probably because it's talking about Gold accounts. On the PS Blog article, it said you could have a mate signing in with another PSN account, and you could rank up normally.

I can't wait everything seems soo complicated which is a goodf thing! i cant wait to try out all the private match customization especially the unlimited time limit RC-XD Car!

I reckon with the two user split screen thing would mean that the two players would always have to be on the same team to prevent boosting... but that's why there's theatre mode