This whole CP/XP thing bothers me

Predatordap

Well, now we have both XP and CP.

XP - level up all the way to prestige.

CP - buy perks, weapons and everything else the way you see fit.

If CP is used to unlock stuff - earn more to use better stuff (finish challenges, perform good), what the hell does XP? Advance you levels - great, but what for? If XP opens better ways to earn CP and new stuff to buy - it's just an overcomplication of the old system.

Your ideas?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, XP doesn't have any bearing on what you can buy in terms of unlocks etc...so in that sense it is pointless.

I think it serves purely as a gauge of how committed a player your are, as in if you choose to prestige you will be rewarded with extra custom class slots. Other than that, I agree, it seems pretty pointless?

I imagine only your XP will be displayed on the leaderboards, not the amount of COD points you have, if it works as a currency system.

Actually, If my memory serves correctly, Vahn himself said that you must unlock a weapon first; Then you may buy. Now, how do you unlock the weapons? By leveling up throught XP, of course! Along with weapons, I think you get different elements for the emblem creator. I believe the only things that you don't have to unlock before you buy are camos (Gun camo, face paint, etc.)

Actually, If my memory serves correctly, Vahn himself said that you must unlock a weapon first; Then you may buy. Now, how do you unlock the weapons? By leveling up throught XP, of course! Along with weapons, I think you get different elements for the emblem creator. I believe the only things that you don't have to unlock before you buy are camos (Gun camo, face paint, etc.)

If that is true then it indeed seems completely over complicated....

"Ok, now we have COD point so you don't have to worry about levelling up to get that gun/killstreak you so desperately want......but first you have to level up to unlock the gun/killstreak you want and save enough COD points to be able to buy it...."

:facepalm:

I believe you are wrong. I thought I remembered reading that you could buy whatever you want as long as you had enough CP. The only things you unlocked were the classified weapons. I may be wrong but that's how I remember it. I'll try to find a link.

EDIT: I Was wrong, sort of. Here's a link explaining it:

http://www.cod7blackops.com/cod-points/

Well, now we have both XP and CP.

XP - level up all the way to prestige.

CP - buy perks, weapons and everything else the way you see fit.

If CP is used to unlock stuff - earn more to use better stuff (finish challenges, perform good), what the hell does XP? Advance you levels - great, but what for? If XP opens better ways to earn CP and new stuff to buy - it's just an overcomplication of the old system.

Your ideas?

MAG recently updated to do this, you have points (xp) to lv up, but you also have points from battles to buy stuff. so you can get to lv 60 (highest lv on MAG) and still save up points to buy extra stuff for your next 'prestiege' as you join a new army, they also have tech trees which get 1 point every level to spend on a perk like system, simmilar to what cod will be (minus the tech trees), all games are moving forward with this idea, so it mus be well liked by the community

XP will level you up, and as you level up you unlock a group of guns you can buy. I think that you unlock all perks at lvl.4 and all killstreaks at lvl.10. Then you use your CP to buy anything you want. As for Classified guns, you have to buy ever gun of that type to be able to get e.g. buy all the Assult Rifles then you can buy the G11.

As you advance you unlock items TO BUY.

So XP first, then CP.

You are given the choice to buy them.

Personally I love this idea. That way I can buy what I want, and for most players that is a pretty limited set. You get to like one or two guns and you roll with it. It used to bug the crap outta me to level up and be presented with yet another shotgun or sniper I would never touch.

You guys have it a little wrong. As you level up you unlock category. Basically at level 5 or so you unlock custom classes and weapons and perks. You are now free to buy what ever you want in those areas. Attachments and cameos(most) can be bought as soon as you unlock the weapon. At level 10 or so you unlock killstreaks. Now you can buy the specific killstreak you want. Im not sure when you unlock emblems and titles but im sure it works the same. After that leveling is basiclly over and now useless until you prestige. Prestiging now gives rewards to. Like the only one known is a golden cameo at prestige 14.

It's supposed to let you pick what gun you want out of a certain group of guns and you unlock more as you level. Like in MW2 let's say you unlock the SCAR-H, then the next level you get Danger Close, then you get the WA2000. The COD Point System lets you pick which guns and perks you want to unlock in order like if you just want Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles, you can just buy them immediately instead of needing to level up for them.

You guys have it a little wrong. As you level up you unlock category. Basically at level 5 or so you unlock custom classes and weapons and perks. You are now free to buy what ever you want in those areas. Attachments and cameos(most) can be bought as soon as you unlock the weapon. At level 10 or so you unlock killstreaks. Now you can buy the specific killstreak you want. Im not sure when you unlock emblems and titles but im sure it works the same. After that leveling is basiclly over and now useless until you prestige. Prestiging now gives rewards to. Like the only one known is a golden cameo at prestige 14.

Prestige 14?!! That's going to take forever :x

Prestige 14?!! That's going to take forever :x

Technicly it will take as long as getting to 9 prestige in MW2.

Yeah, after reading your oppinions I understand that theu basicly took XP and divided it into CP/XP, where XP opens shop options and CP pays for using them. Not much different than linear XP system.

What would really be cool, if you could buy anything with the right ammount of CP, so that you could get (using MW2 for example) Ninja Perk, MG4 and Stinger from the start.

As it is - just an attempt to introduce some sort of progression variety. Might work...