Quick Scopeing In Black Ops

guerrrero25

What the hell is up with seananners and hutch all of a sudden. If you go to hutch's channel there is a video of them pretty much bashing and complaining about CoD black ops because of the "nerfing" of the sniper rifle. The reason why im so pissed is because theyre making it seem as if it is impossible to quick scope!!! :evil: Saying that you cant use sleight of hand with snipers (for good reason), and that if you scope in the actual crosshair of the sniper ends up at a random point. This word usage is really turning alot of their viewers off from purchasing black ops, and they're basically bashing it as well. This is like propaganda against black ops, i mean cmon, RANDOM. They are completely exaggerating things. Treyarch is just trying to make it more difficult to use. If you havent noticed the sniper is pretty much the strongest weapon in the game. Its a one hit kill nearly everytime. :evil: :evil: :evil:

And cmon, treyarch embraced you guys with open arms to be the VIPs at the MP event. You guys are supposed to be neutral when it comes to video games. If you have favorites or least favorite games you are supposed to keep them to yourself and not let them affect your videos. That, in my opinion was very unproffesional.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who want to see a well thought out discussion on video about why QS is not a great idea, check out Wings of Redemption's latest upload on youtube. I know not a lot of people really like or even think this other guy is credible, but F1stdacuffs makes some pretty good points on why qs is not a great idea either.

Personally, I feel that it should be made harder to do. Not taken out, just harder to do, which is what I think Treyarch is attempting to do.

QS exploits the game mechanics of how the cross-hairs come together very quickly when you ADS, thereby allowing you to be on target without being fully scoped in for more than a fraction of a second, which is something that the developers never intended to happen. Hutch complains about how it is getting "gimped" because this is his playstyle that made him so popular to begin with.

MW2 made this whole QS thing much worse by giving us SOH pro. Now, it seems like 2 or 3 people on every team I come across is trying to QS, noscope, and throwing in a 360 every once in awhile, which is I think is just a ludicrous idea.

It is not an overpowered tactic, but it is an exploit. I think that treyarch is doing the right thing, in its best judgment, is trying its best to bring us a game with as few exploits as possible and to make it more balanced.

The more important thing that I am concerned with is how powerful the SMGs will be. Anyone recall the mp40 and how useful it was at ANY range? I could snipe with it across a map. MW2 brought us the updated version of it in the form of the UMP45. And it looks like Black Ops will once again give us SMGs that you can probably snipe with.

• 4 weeks later...

I withdraw all my statements i can quick scope fine close - medium range.

But i still believe that people shouldn't badmouth it since everyone likes to play differently its a game and made to be fun and to some QS is fun and to others noobtoobing is fun but what ever works for you is what you should do.

Honestly I'm more interested in the fact that you spelled Quick Scoping wrong in the Title of this thread. lol. To be honest, I think everybody has their own opinion. There is no way Treyarch could have made a perfect game. No matter what they did, people were going to complain. Quick Scoping was one of their major concerns, and they decided on what to do in the way they saw fit. Either way, people were going to yell at them. Not to take sides here, but I think they made a better decision by allowing it. More people are likely to play the game if they can quick-scope. I personally don't snipe, so I really can't take sides. However, I think they are happy with their decision, and I would be surprised if they changed it.