Quick Scopeing In Black Ops

guerrrero25

Think about it, basically a barrett .50 is going to be 1 shot 1 kill almost 50% of the time being its a .50 cal.

I really hope you're talking about the video game here, if not you have no right to call anybody an 8 year old. If you're going to base all of your arguments on a video game you sir should GTFO.

What else would i be talking about? Its in the COD: Black Ops section.

:facepalm:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it, basically a barrett .50 is going to be 1 shot 1 kill almost 50% of the time being its a .50 cal.

I really hope you're talking about the video game here, if not you have no right to call anybody an 8 year old. If you're going to base all of your arguments on a video game you sir should GTFO.

So your basing your arguments soley on knowledge you obtained from a video game.

You don't think there should be any realism in a video game based on a war that actually happened? Quickscoping is completely unrealistic.

What does it being in the Black ops section have anything to do with anything?

your just butt hurt about them taking quickscopeing out so like you called me stop being a fanboy and be a little mature dont act like an eight year old buddy.

uhm i dont really care regardless of if they "taken" quick scoping out because it will just show up a couple days late from release, thats all. There will be a way to quick scope we know it. Also, no im not basing my facts upon a video game, the only fact i stated was the fact that the .50 is a one shot kill and kiddies like you cant handle that and then you break controllers and then you get grounded and get another for christmas. Its ok i do not mind the fact that quick scoping isnt realistic because its fun in the game. I never said i was going to go out in the middle of hostel action and try my luck at shooting that perfect bullet from the hip when i have a perfectly good scope on my gun but it sure is pretty fun in COD because the fact its not realistic and it does indeed take skill unless you cant no scope which in your case you would run around with commando and your tac knife?

grow up, its a game, stop whining about it. If you really want war, sign up to the military and bitch at the terrorists that "noscope" you. good luck with your respawn time ;]

uhm i dont really care regardless of if they "taken" quick scoping out because it will just show up a couple days late from release, thats all. There will be a way to quick scope we know it. Also, no im not basing my facts upon a video game, the only fact i stated was the fact that the .50 is a one shot kill and kiddies like you cant handle that and then you break controllers and then you get grounded and get another for christmas. Its ok i do not mind the fact that quick scoping isnt realistic because its fun in the game. I never said i was going to go out in the middle of hostel action and try my luck at shooting that perfect bullet from the hip when i have a perfectly good scope on my gun but it sure is pretty fun in COD because the fact its not realistic and it does indeed take skill unless you cant no scope which in your case you would run around with commando and your tac knife?

grow up, its a game, stop whining about it. If you really want war, sign up to the military and bitch at the terrorists that "noscope" you. good luck with your respawn time ;]

The .50 cal. Is a one shot kill because it will put a football sized whole in your back after it goes through your chest. See that's being realistic, like games should be(to certain extent). And btw you calling other people 'kiddies' is making you sound like an immature little kid, maybe you should grow up. Just face it your obviously in the minority or else they wouldn't be trying to stop quick scoping. Obviously its still going to happen, but this time it will take skill. If I get killed by a quick scoper in Black ops I won't be upset because atleast it will take some skill.

and your telling me that quick scoping in COD4:MW doesn't take skill? Wow you must be 100% MLG pro if you think that then. Yea i will admit MW2 quick scoping was so cheap and bs but not all of the COD games quick scoping methods where cheap/no skill.

I meant MW2 for the most part. COD:4 took some skill, but WaW took a lot IMO.

The .50 cal. Is a one shot kill because it will put a football sized whole in your back after it goes through your chest. See that's being realistic, like games should be(to certain extent). And btw you calling other people 'kiddies' is making you sound like an immature little kid, maybe you should grow up. Just face it your obviously in the minority or else they wouldn't be trying to stop quick scoping. Obviously its still going to happen, but this time it will take skill. If I get killed by a quick scoper in Black ops I won't be upset because atleast it will take some skill.

Finaly someone who understands me.yes like my friend over here said if someone quickscopes me in black ops that means they have skill and deserve respect BUT you why are you so immature about this.i made it into a serious topic and you are calling people kiddies and call me a nazi and an eight year old well atleast im a mature "eight year old"

I don't see how it's cheap...what is cheap in an FPS video game? a method of playing that gives you more/easier kills than normal, right? That would be noob-tubing, marathon lightweight commando knifing, and a lot of the regular guns in MW2. It is A LOT harder to play a regular game in Call of Duty while quick-scoping than using pretty much any AR or any Sub-Machine gun. If you really think that it is cheap, I implore you...go into a game, play with an ACR or whatever your favorite gun is, then go around the next game...same lobby...and QS only, you WILL NOT get the same/higher score than you do with other guns...no one ever does.

I don't see how it's cheap...what is cheap in an FPS video game? a method of playing that gives you more/easier kills than normal, right? That would be noob-tubing, marathon lightweight commando knifing, and a lot of the regular guns in MW2. It is A LOT harder to play a regular game in Call of Duty while quick-scoping than using pretty much any AR or any Sub-Machine gun. If you really think that it is cheap, I implore you...go into a game, play with an ACR or whatever your favorite gun is, then go around the next game...same lobby...and QS only, you WILL NOT get the same/higher score than you do with other guns...no one ever does.
I agree 100% lol it does take skill to do and to even get a good K/D with it i can bet 20-40% of people saying it sucks just cant do it lol

I play SnD mostly so when I get killed by something cheap like QS, and have to sit for 2 minutes watching the rest of my team completely fail at doing somethig so easy I get pissed off. In domination, TDM,etc. it doesn't bother me as much, but its still annoying as hell.

I play SnD mostly so when I get killed by something cheap like QS, and have to sit for 2 minutes watching the rest of my team completely fail at doing somethig so easy I get pissed off. In domination, TDM,etc. it doesn't bother me as much, but its still annoying as hell.

My question is HOW is it cheap...when it is 100 times harder to kill people with it than UMP, ACR, FAMAS, noob-toob, commando...the list goes on and on

My question is HOW is it cheap...when it is 100 times harder to kill people with it than UMP, ACR, FAMAS, noob-toob, commando...the list goes on and on

just read what JD has to say...

1] Explosives are not more powerful than Quickscoping. You have one, or two explosives - not magazines worth in rapid succession.

2] Anyone who Quickscopes will say automatics are easier; that's human nature when defending a point. More importantly is the irrelevance of this point. It doesn't detract from how frustrating and annoying it is for every other player when a quickscoper who has crosshairs taped to his TV screen can Left-Trigger, Right-Trigger before the scope is even fully visible on the screen. That's not how Snipers operate, and is not a fair way to play.

3] All quickscoping kills are cheap. You're firing your bullet, getting your one-shot-kill while the screen is still BLACK from pulling up your sights. You're leveraging Aim Assist and the fact that the bullet will travel perfectly straight upon sighting in with a Sniper Rifle to get a laser-accurate, One-Shot-Kill. It's an exploit.

4] It requires timing, that's for sure - but it does not require aim. When considering the impact Aim Assist, and taping crosshairs on a TV monitor have on Quickscoping.

When I called Quickscoping "cheap" I wasn't saying that because I can't do it. I know I can't do it, presently. If I practiced enough, however, I could be just as lethal as anybody with it. But that's specifically what we do not want this game to become. A Quickscoper cannot hide behind a "well everyone can do it if they try hard enough" argument. Then the entire game would consist of people running around hopping with sniper rifles in their hand.

I know not all Quickscopers do it to be cheap. Some do it because they find it fun, or want the cool montage. But there are plenty of other cool things to make montages of, that do not negatively influence the ecosystem in such a resounding way. Think of it like this: for every one Quickscoper, there's an entire team of angry players who find it annoying. "Cheap" is just another synonym often used to describe this frustration. It's unreasonable to ask them to "suck it up" just so this tiny community of quickscopers (by comparison to the global community of players) can have their fun.

It doesn't matter if a team of non-Quickscopers will beat a team of Quickscopers every time. I bet my team could beat a team of Quickscopers, no problem. But it wouldn't change the fact that we'd be gritting our teeth in frustration the entire match, which is something as developers we do not want to see.

Regards,

-JD

I agree those other things are also cheap, the difference is you can actually do those in real life with exception to commando(and noob-toobing to a certain extent)

Reasons QS is cheap:

1. Sleight of Hand Pro

2. Unrealistic in so many ways

3. Hit Detection (not that fact that its bad, the fact that its exploited by quick scoping). Just a few off the top of my head.

It all comes down to MW2 being a flawed game. I'm not a fanboy for either developer, but MW2 seemed really rushed. Who knows we might get the same thing with Black ops.

This topic is a bad idea it is just sparking different opinions and leading to people arugeing but i have to agree it takes more skill to QS than to use anything else like a ump,uzi,knife etc etc

and codestuffz174 you said:

Reasons QS is cheap:

1. Sleight of Hand Pro

3. Hit Detection (not that fact that its bad, the fact that its exploited by quick scoping). Just a few off the top of my head.

It all comes down to MW2 being a flawed game. I'm not a fanboy for either developer, but MW2 seemed really rushed. Who knows we might get the same thing with Black ops.

1: dont need slight of hand just helps

2: its call of duty the whole game is unrealistic but is made for a fun enviroment

3:i have no comment since i see no way of exploitation

just read what JD has to say...

1] Explosives are not more powerful than Quickscoping. You have one, or two explosives - not magazines worth in rapid succession.

2] Anyone who Quickscopes will say automatics are easier; that's human nature when defending a point. More importantly is the irrelevance of this point. It doesn't detract from how frustrating and annoying it is for every other player when a quickscoper who has crosshairs taped to his TV screen can Left-Trigger, Right-Trigger before the scope is even fully visible on the screen. That's not how Snipers operate, and is not a fair way to play.

3] All quickscoping kills are cheap. You're firing your bullet, getting your one-shot-kill while the screen is still BLACK from pulling up your sights. You're leveraging Aim Assist and the fact that the bullet will travel perfectly straight upon sighting in with a Sniper Rifle to get a laser-accurate, One-Shot-Kill. It's an exploit.

4] It requires timing, that's for sure - but it does not require aim. When considering the impact Aim Assist, and taping crosshairs on a TV monitor have on Quickscoping.

When I called Quickscoping "cheap" I wasn't saying that because I can't do it. I know I can't do it, presently. If I practiced enough, however, I could be just as lethal as anybody with it. But that's specifically what we do not want this game to become. A Quickscoper cannot hide behind a "well everyone can do it if they try hard enough" argument. Then the entire game would consist of people running around hopping with sniper rifles in their hand.

I know not all Quickscopers do it to be cheap. Some do it because they find it fun, or want the cool montage. But there are plenty of other cool things to make montages of, that do not negatively influence the ecosystem in such a resounding way. Think of it like this: for every one Quickscoper, there's an entire team of angry players who find it annoying. "Cheap" is just another synonym often used to describe this frustration. It's unreasonable to ask them to "suck it up" just so this tiny community of quickscopers (by comparison to the global community of players) can have their fun.

It doesn't matter if a team of non-Quickscopers will beat a team of Quickscopers every time. I bet my team could beat a team of Quickscopers, no problem. But it wouldn't change the fact that we'd be gritting our teeth in frustration the entire match, which is something as developers we do not want to see.

Regards,

-JD he coudn't of said it any better than me :lol:

This topic is a bad idea it is just sparking different opinions and leading to people arugeing but i have to agree it takes more skill to QS than to use anything else like a ump,uzi,knife etc etc

and codestuffz174 you said:

Reasons QS is cheap:

1. Sleight of Hand Pro

1: dont need slight of hand just helps

2: its call of duty the whole game is unrealistic but is made for a fun enviroment

3:i have no comment since i see no way of exploitation

1. Ok I can understand that

2. COD4 and WaW were more realistic than MW2. MW2was made to cater to the casual gamer, not the hardcore fans.

3. How can you not see the exploitation? Everytime the game winning killcam on SnD comes up and its a QS, the bullet doesn't even hit the person who killed it just goes close to them.

I agree those other things are also cheap, the difference is you can actually do those in real life with exception to commando(and noob-toobing to a certain extent)

Reasons QS is cheap:

1. Sleight of Hand Pro

1. Yes SoH pro is a little cheap, that's the perk not quick-scoping, and that works with every single gun...not just snipers, and that's returning to BO, but guess what? It doesn't work for snipers, that is gimping enough right there.

2. It's a game....you can't make it that realistic, if you do, it absolutely WILL not sell, it would be incredibly boring. If you are going to use realism in your argument, then how about you play it like this: buy the game, go home, turn it on, join a game, get a couple kills, die, then throw the game in the trash, because if you are going for realism, you can't respawn...that's just ridiculous.

3. If the hit detection isn't bad...then it can't be exploited.

MW2 quickscoping is EASIER than other call of duty games, it is absolutely NOT cheap, you can't call something that gets you less kills, more deaths, and is harder to do, cheap. I'm sorry, but I just cannot agree on this subject, in my mind it is absolutely ridiculous to call it cheap, call it easy, then I'm fine with it, call if easier than SMG's or AR's then I WON'T be fine. Because it is untrue.

And let me make this straight, I LIKE the fact that they are making it harder to quickscope, I'm not saying I don't, it will just show that people have more skill if they can still do it. I just don't agree with the fact that Josh, and other people, calls it cheap.

Reasons QS is cheap:

1. Sleight of Hand Pro

1. Yes SoH pro is a little cheap, that's the perk not quick-scoping, and that works with every single gun...not just snipers, and that's returning to BO, but guess what? It doesn't work for snipers, that is gimping enough right there.

2. It's a game....you can't make it that realistic, if you do, it absolutely WILL not sell, it would be incredibly boring. If you are going to use realism in your argument, then how about you play it like this: buy the game, go home, turn it on, join a game, get a couple kills, die, then throw the game in the trash, because if you are going for realism, you can't respawn...that's just ridiculous.

MW2 quickscoping is EASIER than other call of duty games, it is absolutely NOT cheap, you can't call something that gets you less kills, more deaths, and is harder to do, cheap. I'm sorry, but I just cannot agree on this subject, in my mind it is absolutely ridiculous to call it cheap, call it easy, then I'm fine with it, call if easier than SMG's or AR's then I WON'T be fine. Because it is untrue.

And let me make this straight, I LIKE the fact that they are making it harder to quickscope, I'm not saying I don't, it will just show that people have more skill if they can still do it. I just don't agree with the fact that Josh, and other people, calls it cheap.

If I was a chick, I'd totally make love to you for this post.

Reasons QS is cheap:

1. Sleight of Hand Pro

3. Hit detection is bad. I said that because hit detection is bad for every gun, but is exploited when QS.

i personally am kinda mixed about this.....i want quickscoping to be a lot harder because anyone can do it and do it well...but i don't want it to be so hard it will take forever to make decent montages....so im still waiting till it comes out and well see

Agreed. I want it to be how it was in CoD 4, took a decent amount of skill and Definitely not easy. Or even the way it was in W@W I would be fine with. However I am not fine with this with the crosshairs landing 10 feet away from where you originally scoped in.

And Treyarch, If you Do decide to do this to the Quick-Scoping community, at least let us have our freedom in private matches. You know, like letting us control how it scopes in. Private matches are where I spend most of my time Quick-Scoping anyways.

first you a generalizing everyone who quickscope which shows me that you have clouded judgment and are biased. I am not here to make you change your mind but rather to "enlighten" you. One, never ever ever say that people think that something is cool. Why? Because people have a natural tendency to show there differences from the group you specify about. So automatically by posting this people are going to respond contradicting you. But as you have done I have to drawn attention to my self. So people will post replies contradicting what I am saying. But no one will post those replies because they will will try to contradict me. This can go on and on and on but enough about Human Psychology. On to Quick scoping! :mrgreen:

At first quickscoping was cool because of people like zzirgrizz and other montage makers. It was at first "cool" because only few had the talents to do it and there were no tutorials on how to qs. People still think it is "cool" at long distances but close up it isn't "cool". This to is a bias but don't you agree? :mrgreen: Like someone had said before quickscoping to me is not cool but fun.

This Has nothing to do with the actual topic but does have to do with qs in Black Ops

Does anyone know why people started asking if you could qs in Black Ops? Quickscoping to me means killing someone as fast as you can while using the scope if you know what I mean? Like in the game warhawk (for all you ps3 owners out there) you can qs but it's just different from Call of Duty.