Black Ops Beginning

x Steely

The Washington Post:

"SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- You awaken in a tiled room, strapped to a chair, hooked up to an intravenous drip and surrounded by TV monitors broadcasting images of numbers and your grizzled face. You're being interrogated by a shadowy figure from behind a glass wall who issues a stinging charge of electricity each time you brazenly dismiss his questions.

"I don't know anything about any numbers!" you scream in retaliation.

For most of the plot-driven "Black Ops" solo campaign, gamers will play as Alex Mason, an impulsive member of the top-secret CIA squads Operation 40 and the Studies and Observation Group. Mason recounts his various Cold War era missions, from Cuba to Vietnam, while being held inside that mysterious interrogation room. "

Full article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/25/AR2010102503418.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Washington Post:

"SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- You awaken in a tiled room, strapped to a chair, hooked up to an intravenous drip and surrounded by TV monitors broadcasting images of numbers and your grizzled face. You're being interrogated by a shadowy figure from behind a glass wall who issues a stinging charge of electricity each time you brazenly dismiss his questions.

"I don't know anything about any numbers!" you scream in retaliation.

For most of the plot-driven "Black Ops" solo campaign, gamers will play as Alex Mason, an impulsive member of the top-secret CIA squads Operation 40 and the Studies and Observation Group. Mason recounts his various Cold War era missions, from Cuba to Vietnam, while being held inside that mysterious interrogation room. "

Full article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/25/AR2010102503418.html

That image was released by Treyarch/Activision? Spooky. If only it were larger, but....

My question is, what causes hell to break loose outside of the interogation room, which is what we are seeing on gknova6........I mean from everything that has been released, I think its safe to say the campaign is all flashbacks of mason's previous ops, like the newpaper article suggests, but then something seems to happen that causes the outbreak.....hmmm

Zombies will not be in campaign, the director of 3arc said so. However it's a possibilty that GK could play a roll in both. Maybe mason will be on of the new fab four in zombies and at a point those memories come back to him. Who knows? Good thing were so close to launch though because this anticipation is killing meeeee

Zombies will not be in campaign, the director of 3arc said so. However it's a possibilty that GK could play a roll in both. Maybe mason will be on of the new fab four in zombies and at a point those memories come back to him. Who knows? Good thing were so close to launch though because this anticipation is killing meeeee

Im with ya there chief. I dont think Zombies will be an actual enemy that can be fought or killed in the Campaign, but It seems like, as was mentioned in the 3rd installment of "Bonus Round", the "Surprise" may be that at the end of the Campaign something happens or something is triggered in the facility that holds that interogation room, thus what we are watching now at gknova6, and the storyline from campaign is streamlined in to Zombies storyline and were now thrown into the zombie portion of the game..... i could be horribly wrong though....

You know, I don't see what the big deal is. So Mason has a voice and a body and a face. Big deal. Yes, it's never been done in a Call of Duty before and yes it's something that we all want. But that's just it. It's something we've wanted all along and knew it could be done. Just think - how many games do you have where the player speaks? Not many, but that's not the point. You have a few, right? Hell, Grand Theft Auto. Every game since the 3rd one has had a player character with a speaking role.

Nevertheless, Black Ops is all I'm gonna be playing for quite some time.

What I think is that after you beat the game you unlcok the zombie mode.( Idk if its the one unlocked in the begginging) Then you can play that map. So when you click it it has a cinematic intro where the other three heroes bust in and save him give him a gun then try to escape?

Numbers...........what numbers do they want? What are they for? Are they a missing piece of the puzzle as far as the nova gas is concerned, in which the info they seek to retrieve from mason will help whoever is interrogating him successfully conduct and complete said experiments? Lots of questions fill my head with this bit of information.......do the numbers they seek tie into the zombie storyline? Are the numbers what tie in single player campaign to the zombie storyline, if indeed that is what happens like it has been theorised by many? Gknova6 does have random numbers floating around the screen that appear and then vanish......are these the numbers that mason's interrogators are looking for.........do any of the numbers found in the live drop have anything to do with this? If indeed, and more than likely, mason does have the numbers in his head, is him trying to remember them what we see at gknova6? Is gknova6, mason going in and out of conciousness trying to figure out the numbers or is gknova6 what is after the fact when they get mason to remember and he spills the beans? Sorry for the long post........I wanna hear what you guys think.....

stuff in the IV bag next to him. what could it be?

sick?

wow...this more like conspiracy game,like how CIA interrogate people.

in the first teaser trailer the man interogating you doesn't have an american accent, it sounds slightly russian, like hes hiding it...

You know, I don't see what the big deal is. So Mason has a voice and a body and a face. Big deal. Yes, it's never been done in a Call of Duty before and yes it's something that we all want. But that's just it. It's something we've wanted all along and knew it could be done. Just think - how many games do you have where the player speaks? Not many, but that's not the point. You have a few, right? Hell, Grand Theft Auto. Every game since the 3rd one has had a player character with a speaking role.

Nevertheless, Black Ops is all I'm gonna be playing for quite some time.

and remember, they said your guy would have a body and voice :D

anyway, does this mean instead of zombies, when black ops comes out, you will see his face everywhere? [brains]