Black Ops violence 'went too far' says Treyarch

Undeadwolfy

They put down Medal of Honor because it was set in a Modern day setting/war!

No, this was cos the enemies were actually called the Taliban rather than a generic name like OPFOR (opposing forces) in all the other games. Don't ask, i dunno why people made a big deal out of it but they did and I personally think EA knew what they were doing and was kind of a publicity stunt, but hey, it worked.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh FUCK that bullshit. Now we HAVE a fucking reason to blame it all on the kids. AYE! IF YOU 15 AND UNDER! GTFO. Seriously the game is rated M for MATURE. now i only see MATURE not 17+ now.. kids. u know damn sure if u sound like Justin bieber and a girl u are not MATURE. so dont get the game u noobs. besides you guys suck and are annoying! we MATURE players dont need your crap. Damn wow they toned down cause of kids. Well shit its Rated M for mature, whoever buys it shuld be 17+ but if they arent then thats their problem if they see shit so realistic. If they get scared their fault, if not then shit they been playing war games since 10 or w.e they can handle it anyway.

Oh FUCK that bullshit. Now we HAVE a fucking reason to blame it all on the kids. AYE! IF YOU 15 AND UNDER! GTFO. Seriously the game is rated M for MATURE. now i only see MATURE not 17+ now.. kids. u know damn sure if u sound like Justin bieber and a girl u are not MATURE. so dont get the game u noobs. besides you guys suck and are annoying! we MATURE players dont need your crap. Damn wow they toned down cause of kids. Well shit its Rated M for mature, whoever buys it shuld be 17+ but if they arent then thats their problem if they see shit so realistic. If they get scared their fault, if not then shit they been playing war games since 10 or w.e they can handle it anyway.

I always thought the M Was a Difficulty rating!

A concerned parent

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from CVG. Sauce: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=271261

Call of Duty: Black Ops makes use of a new facial animation capture system so realistic that it had to be toned down for some kills.

"We've completely changed the way we do facial animation," director Dave Anthony told OPM.

"Some of the stuff we've done with Gary Oldman's character is amazing."

But animation director Dominique Drozdz said that the animation was a little too good in places.

"There were situations going too far," he added.

"It was a a contextual kill where you were twisting the neck. It was too much. The throat cutting [is] nasty, but that was worse."

So there you have it people, we've reached the point where killing in games is too realistic. It's all downhill from here.

These people all need to be mailed a copy of manhunt.

P.s. I sense "Hot Coffee" will be a new code in the terminal.

• 2 months later...

Manhunt was f--ing brutal... o.O

Manhunt was awesome. And Manhunt 2 almost gave me a seizure because all the executions were censored with psychadelicky colors and stuff. I hope they make a third Manhunt, but it's doubtful because the angry, irresponsible parents will be all over it screaming "Videogames are supposed to be for kids!!!111" and such......since when are games supposed to be only for kids, anyway? Just because kids make up the biggest percentage of gaming communities? It's their choice to play M-rated games, and not the fault of the game developers....but I won't go into that for now. :?

To be honest, I think that the throat cutting was the worst, As you were the one who had to do it and you could see everything taking place.

I thought that part was awesome. Are you talking about the part where you drag a VC into the water then cut apart his throat and see his neck half-open? That was awesome. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Rockstar is a great company and all but they sorta ruined unbridled gaming violence. Look at Turok, you could whip a guy in the head with a primitive mace and his head would explode. Point is that GTA SA was a turning point for games. Now whenever a new trey arch game comes out the local news programs all use GTA as a barometer 'cause they have no other s*** to talk about! No one really cares when a new MW comes out showing a little girl get gassed or an airport getting shot up.